AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-22, 15:37   Link #61
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
yeah that was on him, I don't know how he thought that he was going to have an event like that in his situation.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 02:29   Link #62
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
The no-direct way to cutoff a connection is pretty much why I think neural interface VR couldn't takeoff, maybe even legally, situations like this episode (and the premise of SAO in particular) are why. I can always turn my pc off by unplugging it at worst, or removing a laptop's battery.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 07:23   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
There wouldn't be any problem if you could quit playing whenever you want, just like with any games now. I think it will become a reality at some point, though I'm not sure we'll live long enough to see it.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 16:14   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There wouldn't be any problem if you could quit playing whenever you want, just like with any games now. I think it will become a reality at some point, though I'm not sure we'll live long enough to see it.
A warning that you'll lose some amount of unsaved progress would be barely tolerable. "You can't logout, period" should be not just illegal, but impossible to do without voiding the warranty of your console beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The pain is reduced. Reona said in episode two even getting a limb cut off would be like falling down the stairs at best.

And I don't think an apology will be enough. Reona needs to explain why exactly she wants him to play so badly and this has to be a reason that motivates him.
And whatever coin she pays him, she has to start paying in advance.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 04:31   Link #65
scififan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
yeah that was on him, I don't know how he thought that he was going to have an event like that in his situation.
The scum player had endured it for 13 years.

He probably is expecting "New wife(newly married bride) always says yes".

It is surprising that his console has no safety measure.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 20:04   Link #66
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I can't believe it took him as long as it did to attempt a logout. As soon as people started to stone me, I'd have been out of there.

I'm very curious to see what Reona could possibly say to make him play again, and how !@#% out of touch with reality is she to not expect such a reaction in the first place?? Given how badly he f'ed up his game so far and being branded with a title referencing peeing oneself, lol, I think I'd just grab a cheap used console off eBay if I were somehow convinced to play that game again so I could start anew.

Though I can't possibly imagine anything she could say or do that would convince me it's worth wasting my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Falling down stairs is still pretty painful, plus there's the psychological trauma of getting a limb cut off.
No doubt. The pain, if anything, would be a minor secondary issue next to the major psychological issues that could arise from such an event.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 20:23   Link #67
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I can't believe it took him as long as it did to attempt a logout. As soon as people started to stone me, I'd have been out of there.
I wouldn't have been surprised if he was stuck in an "arrest" event and couldn't log out .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 00:49   Link #68
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Yea, one would assume his arrest would have been the start of the event and the termination of his ability to log out. What I mean is, I'm surprised he waited allll the way to the incarceration to even try. I referenced the stoning before; though in retrospect, actually as soon as the other guy was done roughing me up I'd probably have just washed my hands of it heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 10:05   Link #69
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Well, silver lining, Hiro didn't actually pee himself in real life. Small favors .

So the truth of what happened in Hiro's past is the mental pressure of a track meet got to him and he tripped himself up...and because he didn't get to go to the bathroom beforehand, he ended up peeing himself in front of people (again) and in front of a track idol. I mean, I get that was pretty embarrassing, but that didn't give him any right to lash out at Kaede like that when she was still supporting him even afterwards. I wonder if that's part of why the blonde guy was disappointed in him .

I get where Kaede's coming from when her brother seems like a quitter who can't commit to anything when she wants him to be as confident as he used to be...but if she saw what that game is like she totally would support him in giving up on this game .

Oh hey, Hiro and Kaede's mom! She's got a nice face and a solid chest, although she seems to take her children's bickering in stride .

As if this show wasn't lampooning VRMMO's enough, Kirito is in this. No, seriously, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is playing a legendary VRMMO player who beat an unbeatable game and even still looks like Kirito. It's hilarious. And he's in another show with Ayana Taketatsu. I hope they actually get to meet at some point .

Although while Kamui is now a full-fledged politician, in high school he was a little @#$% that made a game walkthrough that had him basically insulting or complaining about anyone using the walkthrough for being a noob with no idea what to do. Is it any wonder most people wouldn't want to use it? Although it seems like he knows what he's talking about .

So, in short order, there's a certain way to deal with Alicia, he's stuck with Martin's ghost, and there was a sword in the room he woke up in he could've grabbed this whole time...will any of this end up helping Hiro in the long run ?

Hiro can't help but still think with his dick as Reona practically throws herself at him to get him back into the game, saying she might date or marry him if he plays and beats it. When is it going to get through his thick skull that she's using him? Especially when even she admits how terrible the game is .

Well, at least Mizarisa will always have the sheets he wet to remember him by...although somehow I can imagine her forcing herself into Hiro's party whether he likes it or not. .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 14:56   Link #70
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
kamui walkthrough is funny as hell.

anyway well that was one of the options for him to come back after that, the "promise" to marry and have sex with leona if he can beat the game, it was that or paying him.

I can't like the sister, true he lash out but let him be, if you want him to be cool again then try and keep supporting him and make him feel bad, don't be a little b*tch and bait him every second and only make him mad at you.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 15:41   Link #71
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It's less about being "cool" and more about him not being total looser he currently is.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 18:24   Link #72
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Frankly, he should have let the childhood friend kill him - That would have reset his game....
Or Lead to an unknown afterlife level :P.
Also... If progress is saved on the console... Wipe the hard drive?

There was a rather easy way out btw.: Blame Alicia.


That being said, I'd totally play this kind of VRMMO. I'd just not tackle someone holding knife
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-04-28 at 18:53.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 18:48   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Hiro's past was not what I expected it would be. I can understand why Kaede is angry/disappointed with him for quitting after this now.

The way to get him back into the game was pretty much what I thought it would be. I would have asked for an advance payment if I were him though, just to make sure Reona is actually committed and not just stringing him along. Simply fondling her boobs would have been enough.

Regarding Reona's motives, there are two options: either she's stringing him along for reasons unknown, or she's telling the truth and is basically grooming him into her ideal man. In any case, I'm pretty sure she's doing this to spite Kamui, who definitely must brag about being the only person to have completed the game.

Speaking of Kamui, we were told he's the only to have completed the game, but now how many times he has completed it. Since he has a walkthrough for pretty much every option, he must have played multiple times. I guess completing the game is actually the only way to start a new game, short of buying a new console.

Looks like the childhood friend can still be recruited even after you kill her brother. Not only that, she gets a massive stat boost.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 19:09   Link #74
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hiro's past was not what I expected it would be. I can understand why Kaede is angry/disappointed with him for quitting after this now.
Sure, but does she need to constantly treat him like garbage because he quit a sport? It doesn't seem like she really cares about him, she's just mad she can't brag about her track star brother anymore.

Quote:
The way to get him back into the game was pretty much what I thought it would be. I would have asked for an advance payment if I were him though, just to make sure Reona is actually committed and not just stringing him along. Simply fondling her boobs would have been enough.
Bit too high of a hurdle for this guy, I think...

Quote:
Regarding Reona's motives, there are two options: either she's stringing him along for reasons unknown, or she's telling the truth and is basically grooming him into her ideal man. In any case, I'm pretty sure she's doing this to spite Kamui, who definitely must brag about being the only person to have completed the game.
Seeing how he brought it up unprompted in that interview, he must be disgusting about it in private, judging from that "walkthrough".
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 19:22   Link #75
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Frankly, he should have let the childhood friend kill him - That would have reset his game....
Or Lead to an unknown afterlife level :P.
Also... If progress is saved on the console... Wipe the hard drive?
if I recall if he dies in the game is over, he can't reset or anything, and if he wants to start again he will need to buy a new game or a new console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, but does she need to constantly treat him like garbage because he quit a sport? It doesn't seem like she really cares about him, she's just mad she can't brag about her track star brother anymore.
that's what it looked like to me too, even the mother said she just miss the cool brother that she can brag about to her friends.

The only other reason to that hate that I can see is that her friends are making fun of her because of him being a loser who pissed himself.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 19:37   Link #76
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Regarding Reona's motives, there are two options: either she's stringing him along for reasons unknown, or she's telling the truth and is basically grooming him into her ideal man. In any case, I'm pretty sure she's doing this to spite Kamui, who definitely must brag about being the only person to have completed the game.
Whatever Reona wants, it seems its accomplished by having Hiro play the game and either beat it or do new stuff within the game.

I mean, how did she end up with one of the last copies of the game? Either she's obsessed with it because of a prior experience or she's connected to the game somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, but does she need to constantly treat him like garbage because he quit a sport? It doesn't seem like she really cares about him, she's just mad she can't brag about her track star brother anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
that's what it looked like to me too, even the mother said she just miss the cool brother that she can brag about to her friends.

The only other reason to that hate that I can see is that her friends are making fun of her because of him being a loser who pissed himself.
I think it's more just that she's disappointed that he's turned himself into a quitter who can't commit to anything any more and has such a defeatist attitude. That's why she got testy when she found out he quit the game.

Even after he embarrassed himself in front of her and her friend she still believed in him until he lashed out at her and basically became the Hiro we see today.

She liked bragging about him because she admired how cool and confident he used to be.
Quote:
Bit too high of a hurdle for this guy, I think...
The more he thinks with his dick, the worse this game becomes .
Quote:
Seeing how he brought it up unprompted in that interview, he must be disgusting about it in private, judging from that "walkthrough".
Well, that is comparing him as a teenager to him as an adult. He might have grown out of it .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 22:40   Link #77
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
No surprise there as to what gets him to start playing the game again. Hiro does have to realize that Reona has no actual intention of keeping her side of the deal though.

While I can understand Kaede's side of the argument and why she is disappointed with her brother, she still does come off as sort of bratty.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 23:21   Link #78
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, but does she need to constantly treat him like garbage because he quit a sport? It doesn't seem like she really cares about him, she's just mad she can't brag about her track star brother anymore.
She doesn't need to. If it was me I would give up on that garbage. Forunately for him she's pretty cool little sister instead and still trying snap him out of it.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 02:05   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Too cringy. I had to fast forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hiro's past was not what I expected it would be. I can understand why Kaede is angry/disappointed with him for quitting after this now.

The way to get him back into the game was pretty much what I thought it would be. I would have asked for an advance payment if I were him though, just to make sure Reona is actually committed and not just stringing him along. Simply fondling her boobs would have been enough.
I'd demand more of an advance payment than that. It's a matter of trust, and she's proven again and again that she can't be trusted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 02:05   Link #80
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 35
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She doesn't need to. If it was me I would give up on that garbage. Forunately for him she's pretty cool little sister instead and still trying snap him out of it.
Sure, because the best way to snap someone out of a funk is to treat them like shit.
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.