AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-08, 11:26   Link #61
Frontier

Nagatoro's nightmare is Senpai not paying attention to her and ignoring her in favor of her friends...but in reality, Senpai is considerate enough of her to make sure she's covered up while she's napping so she doesn't get a cold .

Nagatoro is the master of stripping into a swimsuit. She's less of a master of holding it in when she thinks Senpai is about to tickle her armpit .

Nagatoro seems...oddly aroused by shearing and cutting hair. I mean, it takes all types .

Those devious girls, getting Nagatoro out of the room so they could harass Senpai! Then they plan to shave him bald like he's Professor X! Well, Senpai got to feel a girls boobs on top of his head, so I guess it's not all bad .

Cutting the hair of your crush can be surprisingly intimate and cute, as seen with Nagatoro and Senpai here .

Nagatoro really loves shaved ice. Enough to where she's willing to wait in a long line in excruciating heat just to have some of the best. Luckily she's got Senpai there to protect her from leering guys and from getting heat stroke, which she rewards by giving him some nice convenience store ice cream .

What better way for the pair to initiate their Summer Vacation then by finally exchanging contact info? That was pretty sweet, even if it ultimately resulted in more teasing for Senpai as Nagatoro spies him about to go for an indirect kiss. I can't blame him though .
Old 2021-05-08, 11:58   Link #62
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Kind of wish in the eye catch they'd included another after-chapter: Nagatoro's in the doorway as Yoshi finally takes her chance to bury her hand in Senpai's fluff.

First sight of Nekotoro, and looks like we're going to get it in full next week can't wait!

Anyway, I was disappointed last week how they wrecked some of my favorite moments, but this time they were a lot better at keeping the dere along with the S; back to the reason I love this series.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 13:26   Link #63
HandofFate

Each skit was so good this week.
The cold open with Nagatoro's silly nightmare maybe makes her to not go too far. Wonder if she will stop using the hard G word as much or cut it out altogether after this for consistency.

Nagatoro biting off more than she can chew with the tickling, and called it quits before it went on.

Her friends messing with her is great because its just karma coming back around.
You know its very hot when Nagatoro forgets to tease her senpai.
Old 2021-05-08, 14:20   Link #64
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Anyway, I was disappointed last week how they wrecked some of my favorite moments, but this time they were a lot better at keeping the dere along with the S; back to the reason I love this series.
I want to believe that they are saving those moments for an original final chapter since hand holding or any type of kiss are too special.

just like they did in takagi second season with those original chapters.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 16:53   Link #65
Dj0rel
True Believer

Nice! I didn't expect them to give an early hint of Nekotoro like this. One of Nagatoro's "alternate forms".
Old 2021-05-08, 20:47   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Senpai really trusting Nagatoro to cut his hair and she really did a good job
Old 2021-05-08, 23:50   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This show really has developed nicely over time. It's more amazing that they aren't openly dating than anything else. But considering Senpai's personality and Nagatoro's teasing it isn't going to quite get there for a while. Although they are doing quite a bit together.

It's the little moments that really shine though. Things like Senpai holding the idea of Nagatoro cutting his hair close enough to his heart that he actually freaks out at the idea of the other girls doing it and taking that moment away from him. He still doesn't really get her feelings, but he certainly cares enough about her at this point that Nagatoro's nightmare won't ever come to pass.

I like that they do know when to let things play out in a wholesome way. The hair cutting scene was cute and ended with some good feelings on both sides. Sure at the very end she makes some light fun, but the feelings for both were quite good through this.

Same goes for the smugness from Senpai at blocking those guys staring at Nagatoro. Honestly he had a pretty strong episode all things considered. Be it covering Nagatoro up when she fell asleep to dragging her out of the line when she looked like she was going to collapse, he was really on his game today.
Old 2021-05-09, 09:27   Link #68
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Those devious girls, getting Nagatoro out of the room so they could harass Senpai!
Not sure why the anime made them more devilish than necessary.

Spoiler for Manga comparison:

Can't wait for Nekotoro next week.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 09:41   Link #69
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

It seems to make nagatoro friends look more interested in paisen.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 09:52   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:

Wow, they did make it much worse here .
Old 2021-05-10, 17:08   Link #71
GDB

Quote:
Just for fun, I realized the anime is kind of jumping around the manga order so went to see how it broke down.

Spoiler for Chapter to Episode list:
Just to follow up on this since it feels like they're jumping around a lot more now:

Spoiler for Chapter to Episode list:
Old 2021-05-15, 11:27   Link #72
Frontier

You know Senpai's got it bad when he's dreaming of a JRPG Isekai fantasy inspired by Nagatoro .

On the one hand, Senpai's virgin status makes him a wizard, on the other hand, he's sent off by a mage girl in an outfit that reveals her cleavage and thighs quite well...not that he gets to see it .

Meet Nekotoro! Nagatoro if she were a cat girl in a cheerleading outfit! She's super capable and cute .

You thought this was just going to be a cute coupling party? Well, so much for that as Gamo-chan and Yoshi show up, with Gamo in a form-fitting thief outfit and Yoshi as a Bunny Girl! He may not appreciate their involvement in his normal life, but at least he can appreciate the view here .

You know it's a dream when Nagatoro starts out pretty tame and genuinely affectionate, even outright kissing him on the cheek, but then it turns into a nightmare when the girls turn into Demon Lords and make Senpai their slave...of course, it's still the dream of a horny teen, so they're in sexy Demon Lord outfits .

Senpai actually drew Nekotoro! You can tell Nagatoro was genuinely flattered by it .

Nagatoro has Senpai's number (in more ways than one) when she calls him about him wasting the Summer away, and drags him to the beach along with Gamo-chan and Yoshi. Sure they tease him a lot, but they also strip into their swimsuits, and they're all in bikini's they fill out quite well. Lucky Senpai .

Usually it's the guy rubbing the sunscreen on the girl, so that was a nice reversal, even if Senpai dismissing their relationship causes Nagatoro to get a little rough with him. And then the rest of the girls join in on rubbing the sunscreen on him with their feet, which is even lewder .

Ah...Senpai drew swimsuit Nagatoro! That's so sweet .

Did you enjoy the RPG fantasty dream? Well, here it is as an 8-Bit Ending for the show .

Next week, festival and yukata time .
Old 2021-05-15, 12:25   Link #73
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pretty good. Honestly I was hoping they'd keep the nightmare and the manga bit separate though. Have the first half be his nightmare, ending with him going to school and her greeting him with a cat pose for no clear reason. Then in the second part have him dazedly continuing his manga, with his original heroine departing with a creepy grin and him being comforted by Nekotoro, who keeps following him around and messing with him, but when Yoshi and Gamo try to hit on him jumps forward and starts hissing at them. Gives a bit more context to her response since he'd actually written a fair-length arc around their interactions, not just a couple pictures. It was still pretty fun though.

Either way, liked how they made Yoshi into an actual Yoshi, even if for just a moment.

The second half was real good at playing up the dere. Her jealousy over the other girls' boobs (though she's much better stacked than in the manga), her anger when he notes that they're not in a "relationship", her protectiveness... her dere side is always simply adorable.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-05-15 at 12:36.
Old 2021-05-15, 20:45   Link #74
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that got to be the best way to have suntan lotion put on

Senpai had one funky dream maybe should cut down on the isekai
Old 2021-05-15, 23:44   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While they definitely gave Senpai's dream more time to work with, I do like how both characters have gotten a similar scene to start the past couple of episodes. It is a nice way to explore their respective fears and issues.

Nagatoro was pretty clear with hers. Afraid of pushing things too far and losing her senpai to her friends. Or at the very least afraid he'll start ignoring her. On the other hand Senpai has clear fears of betrayal. That if he gets too comfortable and trusts Nagatoro too much that he'll be kicked down. Having her reveal that she was just messing with him the whole time and never had any real interest in him would hurt.

That lead pretty easily into the beach episode. Not willing to let her apply the lotion (at least in the way she was going to) with a lack of trust in what's building between them. Understandably she just got frustrated. It was enough that he was (fairly) reacting to her friends in their swimsuits, but then even when she went over to see him he still keeps his distance.

A lot of good moments to be sure. Things did get rather extreme with the suntan lotion but not going to say it was a bad scene at all . The bit of her finding the drawings of Nekotoro was great too. Her face said it all .
Old 2021-05-16, 09:37   Link #76
GDB

Them removing the kiss from episode 4 (I think it was 4, at least) hurts this episode a lot. Now, Nekotoro's kiss has zero context and just seems out of place in this grand betrayal nightmare.
Old 2021-05-16, 16:34   Link #77
Dj0rel
True Believer

Magayoshi has stats ten times higher then others except intelligence which is 1.
And if Nagatoro is jealous of her friends' racks... well... she ain't seen nothing yet.
Old 2021-05-16, 19:54   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

When they spend half an episode on complete nonsense, you know it is anime-original material. Well, I skipped that part 30 seconds in though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 20:02   Link #79
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
When they spend half an episode on complete nonsense, you know it is anime-original material. Well, I skipped that part 30 seconds in though.
Uh, what are you talking about? They may have rearranged stuff slightly and expanded the demon king dream (and gave parts to Yoshi and Gamo in the dream for some reason) but there really wasn't much "anime-only" content. And I don't think any of it could be called "nonsense".
Old 2021-05-17, 03:54   Link #80
GDB

Yeah, they expanded it (mostly via the dragon fight if I recall, and took the space of "two chapters" based on how they've been adapting it thus far), but that was totally a manga chapter.