AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-26, 10:01   Link #141
Frontier

So Hiro now has the perfect chance to finally drop the game and never look back...but then it turns out by killing Martin and getting his ghost to pass on, he's somehow found a better chance to survive the mercenary route in Ted? How? Is Alicia going to save him somehow? Is Martin's ghost going to inspire him or something ?

As harsh as Kamui is, it seems like he's...begrudgingly respecting Hiro's play choices now? At least to the extent where he wants to see if Hiro can clear a hard route only Kamui was able to. He still thinks Hiro's trash though .

It's nice to see Hiro trying to work to repair his relationship with Kaede. I think they still have a ways to go, but this is the first step .

So what's the mystery of Ted? Is it what's driving the goblin's to attack? Does it have anything to do with that moaning Hiro heard? Is there more going on here than we know ?

Well, I guess the merc job isn't all bad if it lets you get a hug from the beautiful Queen Govern voiced by Shizuka Itou .

I would say the fact that Reona doesn't care about seeing Hiro strip because there isn't much there as a clear indicator she doesn't really see him as a romantic interest, but I'm sure her teasing will still have the desired effect on Hiro .

Cathy seems really cute and genuinely nice. And is that Kanae Itou I hear voicing her? She kind of feels like the love interest of this specific path (and Bob the best friend character?), but knowing this series I expect something is going to happen to her because she's too nice and conventional compared to the other girls in Hiro's life. That and she isn't in the Opening .

Oh great, Hiro's trainer is the guard who arrested him. It's bad enough that he's a high schooler trying to learn swordsmanship and combat from square one, but his teacher hates his guts too .

"You've been made fun of enough!" Says the girl who is probably making fun of him the most .

Hiro's getting beaten up and bullied in the game again, to the point where he's once again questioning why he's even bothering, but I guess him finding the will to overcome the mercs here will allow him to finally move on from his bullies in real life? We hope .
Old 2021-05-26, 14:02   Link #142
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Amos used Taunt.
It's very effective.

As for the swordfight...
Take it as baseless bragging, but I would have done better. Not saying I would have won against Amos, but Hrio screwed it up right from the beginning by letting himself get taunted.

That being said, I wouldn't have killed Martin either.

As for Hiro's general skills... Let me say it in the words of a certain walkthrough... "Use a goddamn shield, l0053R"

Of course, even the strangely familiar looking girl suddenly decides he isn't worth the bother... Actually where have I seen her before... Uhm Danganronpa?
At least she is actually trying to teach him later. She and the other guy are probably the recruitable NPCs for this Story arc.

Oh btw...
Reona....
Worst...Tutorial fairy...EVER.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 15:24   Link #143
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Amos used Taunt.
It's very effective.

As for the swordfight...
Take it as baseless bragging, but I would have done better. Not saying I would have won against Amos, but Hrio screwed it up right from the beginning by letting himself get taunted.

That being said, I wouldn't have killed Martin either.

As for Hiro's general skills... Let me say it in the words of a certain walkthrough... "Use a goddamn shield, l0053R"

Of course, even the strangely familiar looking girl suddenly decides he isn't worth the bother... Actually where have I seen her before... Uhm Danganronpa?
At least she is actually trying to teach him later. She and the other guy are probably the recruitable NPCs for this Story arc.

Oh btw...
Reona....
The only thing Hiro really has going for him is his speed. That's what he should be emphasizing at this point.
Old 2021-05-26, 18:12   Link #144
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The only thing Hiro really has going for him is his speed. That's what he should be emphasizing at this point.
He could have done way better if he had had a shield, but for some reason anime characters with swords seems to be unable to use shields.
It's frankly the same issue as with Eris vs Rudy in Jobless Reincarnation.

Rudy could have actually won that just by having a shield. The same goes to Hrio here.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-05-26, 19:43   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Boobs played a big part, but his little sister's fit seems to be a large reason Hiro's still playing the game when anyone else would have dropped it by now. If his sister knew all the details though, she'd probably tell him to quit...
Old 2021-05-26, 23:33   Link #146
Tenzen12

Quote:
He could have done way better if he had had a shield, but for some reason anime characters with swords seems to be unable to use shields.
It's frankly the same issue as with Eris vs Rudy in Jobless Reincarnation.

Rudy could have actually won that just by having a shield. The same goes to Hrio here.
There is no scenario there Rudy could win though.

And here it's game, you can't equip something you don't have. Last time I checked, Hiro didn't have exactly lot of money to buy equipment.
Old 2021-05-27, 03:49   Link #147
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
There is no scenario there Rudy could win though.

And here it's game, you can't equip something you don't have. Last time I checked, Hiro didn't have exactly lot of money to buy equipment.
The equipment came from the guard, so it's their failure to not provide one, and Hiro's to not ask for one.

Old 2021-05-27, 04:31   Link #148
Tenzen12

I didn't see any written agreement they are obliged to provide any and every equipment he ask for.
Old 2021-05-27, 06:11   Link #149
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I didn't see any written agreement they are obliged to provide any and every equipment he ask for.
No, but they have to provide proper equipment that's suitable to keep him alive, and it's rather clear from Hiro's physique that he needs to compensate for his lack of muscles.

None of them has shields btw. which is dumb to begin with, if you consider how these goblins would even give Goblin Slayer a run for his money.

Old 2021-05-27, 10:16   Link #150
Tenzen12

I disagree with first argument, but your second one is good. I can't reasonably argue Hiro lack of shield is tied to his financial situation when noone else have it either.
Old 2021-05-27, 22:42   Link #151
Strahan

Quote:
Oh btw...
Reona....
Yea, I think if I were him I'd tell her to leave me alone or see if I can swat her with the sword, lol. She's more of an annoyance than anything.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-28, 08:09   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, the next episode title implies Reona will finally do something useful (other than poke eyes).
Old 2021-05-28, 09:04   Link #153
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, the next episode title implies Reona will finally do something useful (other than poke eyes).
Well, we (and Hiro) can hope at this point .
Old 2021-05-28, 13:32   Link #154
Tenzen12

Quote:
Well that poking eye literally saved Hiro's virtual life, she also give some pretty good advices along the way.
Old 2021-05-28, 16:47   Link #155
Frontier

Quote:
Well that poking eye literally saved Hiro's virtual life, she also give some pretty good advices along the way.
Well, occasionally. I guess sometimes she's right that he should be a little more careful and tells him what a likely next step is (even if it doesn't really turn out well anyways).
Old 2021-05-28, 18:33   Link #156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
And some pretty bad ones like buying smoke bombs that he needs to light up.
Old 2021-05-28, 19:08   Link #157
Frontier

Quote:
And some pretty bad ones like buying smoke bombs that he needs to light up.
And just generally insulting him at almost every opportunity...
Old 2021-05-28, 21:15   Link #158
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Interlude pickup is here, but no Arthur Pendragon... Just Batty.

Old 2021-05-28, 22:30   Link #159
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And just generally insulting him at almost every opportunity...
She makes fun of him so what? How insecure one have to be be unable handle little banter.

Quote:
And some pretty bad ones like buying
smoke bombs that he needs to light up.
That's not bad advice, that's just Hiro being stupid in using them.
Old 2021-05-28, 23:01   Link #160
Frontier

Quote:
She makes fun of him so what? How insecure one have to be be unable handle little banter.
I think it's more mean-spirited on her part than just simple banter.
Quote:
That's not bad advice, that's just Hiro being stupid in using them.
It's more like it keeps not kicking in for Hiro that this doesn't work like a game .

Tags
harem