AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-04, 07:28   Link #281
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
This is a Dynazenon show, so I hope gridman won't take the spotlight...

The latest gatti, imo, has already made gridknight as the main core, and dynazenon parts are like add-on...they should focus on dynazenon more imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you believe Amemiya-sensei, I wouldn't expect to see Gridman here. He makes a point in interviews about wanting to make Dynazenon a distinct and separate world.
Yeah, let's not expect Gridman in this show. I don't think he'll take the spotlight from our gang with just a cameo, but expecting less will make your watching experience better.
Old 2021-06-04, 07:32   Link #282
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's probably going to be a 3rd series at some point. Maybe that will be one that takes elements from across the mythology and acts as kind of an omnibus storyline.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 07:32   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you believe Amemiya-sensei, I wouldn't expect to see Gridman here. He makes a point in interviews about wanting to make Dynazenon a distinct and separate world.
Separate world, but same universe.

But I agree, with Gridknight already being here to help I don't think Gridman will show up except as a cameo at the very end. Maybe a debriefing with Knight about what happened in Dynazenon's world that could set up the next series.
Old 2021-06-04, 09:38   Link #284
Frontier

You know this is from the same people behind Gridman when we finally get that one trippy episode of the main cast in a dream world. And you know it's going to be a big one when they skip the Opening .

So we end up with a Kaiju that completely consumes everyone, human and Kaiju Eugenecist alike, in their past regrets. A pretty vicious Kaiju, all things considered .

Obviously Yume is stuck reliving life with her sister, and Kano was standoffish and kind of cold to her, but we get to see where she invited Yume to come to her recital. I don't know if we can take the Kaiju's world as an exact replica of reality, but it seems like Kano really didn't kill herself and (judging by Yume's flashback to her own fall) just probably tripped and fell while grabbing for the ankh. She didn't hate Yume, just like Yume didn't hate her, she was just envious of how happy and outgoing she saw Yume as being and wanted to be more like her, while Yume just wanted to be closer to her big sister and was sad she died. Futaba was good to her, but Kano just didn't want to bother him (or anyone) with her problems. It's really all kinds of sad that these two could never have this kind of conversation in reality, but it's nice that Yume was finally able to make peace with her sister and move on from her death .

I love Anti princess carrying Second, and then at the end where she tries t ogive him something to eat. That was so adorable. Also, no surprise that Anti's past regret would take him back to his younger self and be with Akane .

Koyomi flashes back to when Yomogi's boss offered to run away with him with all that money (and Yomogi is somehow able to recognize his boss from back when she was a teenager and didn't dye her hair) and this time actually does it. Although in the end it seems like it wasn't the money that mattered, it was probably counterfit anyways, but I guess it was just that sense of freedom that Yomogi's boss wanted ?

I love how Koyomi is about to probably say something about Yomogi's boss or their relationship and Yomogi is all like "let's go" .

Yomogi really owning up to being a protagonist in an anime, using his feelings for Yume and his desire to save his friends to break through the mental blocks of the Kaiju and save them. It was pretty epic .

Gauma's flashback is back to when he was part of the Kaiju Eugenecists, and even wore their snazzy uniforms, and back when they seemed to be in Japan and had the attention of Gauma's princess. It all went wrong when the country (Japan?) wanted to get rid of the Eugenicists (I assume because of how dangerous they viewed the Kaiju) and Gauma had fallen in love with the princess and chose humanity over his fellow Eugenicists. And then he killed them all. Jeez, that story turned dark quick .

So in the flashback we see Juuga without glasses, but did anyone else find it kind of weird we didn't really see much of Sizumu in the flashback? Like I think he was in one of the group shots but he never said anything or was shown prominently .

When a Kaiju is too fast for Kaiser Gridknight to get a hold on, he'll just do a giant circular blade attack to give it nowhere to run .

Yume has a beautiful singing voice .
Old 2021-06-04, 10:44   Link #285
Random14

Yeah, that sure was a trippy episode. No idea if that was the actual past or just a memory thing. Aside from that Sizumu just looks more and more suspicious (as if that's a surprise by now), just barely saw him in the background of Gauma's past. Sure was weird seeing Gauma in the Eugencists' uniform.

Well, whatever it was, going back to those moments looked like it helped Yume to make peace with her sister's death (and maybe Koyomi, Gauma was already relatively stable). Though I'm still worried about what else is left in the last few episodes, still got more than a few mysteries left. Its pretty crazy when even most of the bad guys are taken out by the kaiju of the week (sounds like less are appearing too, so maybe only a few left and they'll probably all be even more powerful).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 11:21   Link #286
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 10

I was waiting for Yume’s sister to grab hold of the other end of the toy back in reality. I thought she may have actually saved her sister, but alas it was only a dream.

Still, brilliant episode. Nice play on the similar one in Gridman. This one really used SSSS.Dynazenon’s stronger character focus to its advantage.

I still don’t know what the end game is. On to next week!
Old 2021-06-04, 12:26   Link #287
stray
osananajimi hater

That was pretty well done for the 'trapped in a memory' cliche. I would have liked to have seen more of the princess though. Unless there's a second cour planned I'm starting to think she's going to be a no show.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 18:13   Link #288
grecefar

For a look like OP kaiju with that ability that almost destroyed the world, this was the easiest win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 18:27   Link #289
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not sure what to make of the scene with Yume and her sister. This was a dream world based on Yume's memories, meaning this Kano was not real. Everything she told her was most likely just what Yume wanted to hear, and the truth will remain buried forever. I guess the end result is what matters and this allowed Yume to move on, so it's fine.

Koyomi was the only one who was able to change his actions inside the dream without outside interference (even Yomogi was helped by Dynasoldier). Not sure if I should be reading into this or not.

Sizumu is definitely the big bad. Was he even in Gauma's dream?
Old 2021-06-04, 19:12   Link #290
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the scene with Yume and her sister. This was a dream world based on Yume's memories, meaning this Kano was not real. Everything she told her was most likely just what Yume wanted to hear, and the truth will remain buried forever. I guess the end result is what matters and this allowed Yume to move on, so it's fine.
It's really hard to gauge exactly what the Kaiju did and how "real" it was. I mean, Yume probably doesn't have a memory of the Kano she talked to so it was probably new to her, so I'm not sure how much of that was Yume projecting what she wanted to hear. Did Yume ever hear her sing, either?

I do think the show leaning into the idea that Kano's death was an accident is the most we'll get as far as an answer.
Quote:
Koyomi was the only one who was able to change his actions inside the dream without outside interference (even Yomogi was helped by Dynasoldier). Not sure if I should be reading into this or not.
Probably because he had already had some character development and moved on from this moment in his life by this point?
Quote:
I think he was, they just oddly didn't focus on him at all.
Old 2021-06-04, 19:48   Link #291
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

I don't think the "dream" is a total wish-fulfilment material. If it is, Inamoto wouldn't throw away the money in Koyomi's "dream" (and I truly believe the true Inamoto would've done that too). Also, the way Inamoto looked at Koyomi in that final shot, I think signaled to Koyomi that all that Inamoto wanted was his company. That probably drove his regret even further which I don't think he wanted it. So yeah, I don't think the goal of this kaiu dream is to give what the dreamer wanted. I mean, Gauma was still suffering in his "dream", getting betrayed by the country & fighting the eugenecists. So, this "Kano" might as well be a "real copy" of Kano (if Yume did stop her from falling) and all of them are still in-character.

Quote:
He was, but mostly in the far background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Probably because he had already had some character development and moved on from this moment in his life by this point?
Considering that Koyomi was still seen lingered and even attempted to throw a rock at the old school (like what young Inamoto did) during the "coloring kaiju"-episode, I'd say he still had some baggage until this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That was pretty well done for the 'trapped in a memory' cliche. I would have liked to have seen more of the princess though. Unless there's a second cour planned I'm starting to think she's going to be a no show.
Gauma failed to find her in the live-action world. And if Gauma also can't find her here, I can only think of this meme:

How many worlds does Gauma need to go to find her?
Old 2021-06-04, 20:04   Link #292
justavisitor

Well, you can see Kano was still moving after Yume departed, so that's probably the real Kano

In fact, Kano was singing/yelling in the very last scene, and that scene gives me the feeling that Kano was planning to commit suicide, but then she saw Yume. So Kano tried to comfort Yume. But after Yume left, maybe Kano went back to the commit suicide route?

But from Yume's perspective, her own reality cannot be changed. So the biggest relief is that her sister didn't hate her.

Probably read the scene wrong...but it was quite ambiguous
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 22:42   Link #293
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I'm not sure how to read into this episode. The power of that kaiju wasn't locked in. The characters could only interpret it based on what they thought. It was ambiguous that you could take it any number of ways. Honestly it depends on the last episodes and if they return to things like the death of Kano.

Just taking what we saw as reality though, there are still a few ways to look at what happened too Kano. It could have been suicide or it could have been an accident. Did she go up there just to practice or to jump? Did she stumble off the roof in the past or was Yume's sudden appearance so startling that Kano lost her nerve to jump and instead had that heart to heart with her sister? If she was actually envious of Yume in the past and struggling amidst her efforts to change herself...

It probably was right that Yomogi was the only one able to break free on his own. Because his issue at the start of the show is incredibly minor to him now. Not that I think he's fine with his mother's dating life. But he has something and more importantly someone that matters to him a lot more than that right now. What does some minor troubles with his mother matter compared to a girl he likes ? You can say Dynasoldier helped, but I'd say that Yomogi having different priorities prevented it from breaking like the other units did for the other characters. Even Koyomi who chose a different path in his memory/dream/past was still not facing his present.
Old 2021-06-05, 01:11   Link #294
zztop

Voice drama 10.01 and its translation is already up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm_bEkZ8FI
http://barnnn.blogspot.com/2021/06/s...sode-1001.html

Takes place in happier past times, when the kaiju eugenicists were still one.

Once again, Shizumu proves to be suspicious as ever.
Like these 2 exchanges here:

Quote:
Mujina: Sizumu, you don't wanna refill your cup?
Sizumu: No, I'm good.
Mujina: You haven't eaten all that much today.
Sizumu: Just your imagination.
Gauma: You on a diet or what?
Sizumu: Yeah, I'll roll with that.
Quote:
Onija: Anyway... it's back to our job tomorrow, huh?
Mujina: A praiseworthy job, useful to the Country and the people, right?
Onija: Yeah, yeah, sure is. We gotta be up early tomorrow, too... wonder if I'll get up in time.
Mujina: Same. I'd like it if we had a bit more freedom.
Sizumu: Actually...
Mujina: What?
Sizumu: So long as we have the Kaiju, we could be free, without having to follow anyone's command.

Gauma: Don't bring up that kinda dangerous talk, man.
Sizumu: Just kidding.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 02:44   Link #295
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Nice to see some of the same folks still around here although we have switched to discord. I think the seen was meant to be ambiguous mirroring the fact that the real reason didn’t matter, more to deal with her regret that see wasn’t close to Kano at the time.
Old 2021-06-05, 04:02   Link #296
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

So did the writers of this shows has forgotten or was it done intentionally?
5000 years ago there weren't called Kaiju User but Drago User.

*Edit after listening to the voice drama. Okay, so they didn't forget.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 05:10   Link #297
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wanna see some shenanigans?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-06-05, 05:31   Link #298
zztop

Translated interview with Amemiya Akira on Gridman and Dynazenons production and style (original JP interview done in March 2021, translated in May 2021).
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2021/05...ion-and-style/

Good read if you want to know more about how he envisioned/planned both series.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 05:39   Link #299
Alchemist007
*Author

This episode reminded me of Rahxephon with the ambiguous feeling and even artstyle.
Old 2021-06-05, 07:41   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't think the "dream" is a total wish-fulfilment material. If it is, Inamoto wouldn't throw away the money in Koyomi's "dream" (and I truly believe the true Inamoto would've done that too). Also, the way Inamoto looked at Koyomi in that final shot, I think signaled to Koyomi that all that Inamoto wanted was his company. That probably drove his regret even further which I don't think he wanted it. So yeah, I don't think the goal of this kaiu dream is to give what the dreamer wanted. I mean, Gauma was still suffering in his "dream", getting betrayed by the country & fighting the eugenecists. So, this "Kano" might as well be a "real copy" of Kano (if Yume did stop her from falling) and all of them are still in-character.
The difference between Koyomi and Yume is that Yume became fully self-aware and got Dynawing back thanks to Yomogi. That might have affected her dream world. Everyone besides Koyomi was simply reliving their memories.

As for Imamoto, since she's alive, you can make a case she might have been sharing the dream with Koyomi.

At any rate, I doubt that Kaiju could bring back the dead.

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu