AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-29, 00:27   Link #161
Tenzen12

And I don't think she does it in mean spirit.If she were just mean spirited, her remarks would be probably much less harmless.

Well, I don't disagree on second point. Regardless whether we call it being stupid or wrong genre savvy, point is, using smoke bombs would work if he lit them and that it's his sole responsible for that being failure.
Old 2021-05-29, 09:16   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's not bad advice, that's just Hiro being stupid in using them.
It was bad advice. Alicia's main asset is her speed, he'd never have time to light them up. It would only work against her if it was instantaneous, like he assumed.
Old 2021-05-29, 09:22   Link #163
Tenzen12

If he has enough time complain about game design whole fight, he would have also enough time to lit the fuse.
Old 2021-05-29, 09:33   Link #164
Frontier

Quote:
And I don't think she does it in mean spirit.If she were just mean spirited, her remarks would be probably much less harmless.

Well, I don't disagree on second point. Regardless whether we call it being stupid or wrong genre savvy, point is, using smoke bombs would work if he lit them and that it's his sole responsible for that being failure.
I don't think she means any serious harm, but she's basically mocking him or just generally getting a rise out of him. She's not that nice a lady .

I get Hiro was responsible, but I also get why Hiro made the mistake he made...
Old 2021-05-29, 09:47   Link #165
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Point being is that Reona is the worst totorial Fairy ever, and if that is her job she should seriously consider getting another one.
Also her not being malicious? seriously guys? He asks for Game A, she deliberately packs Game B, which is not only not what wanted, but also so shitty the company that made it got sued into oblivion, because it can actively destroy your console.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 10:58   Link #166
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think she means any serious harm, but she's basically mocking him or just generally getting a rise out of him. She's not that nice a lady .

I get Hiro was responsible, but I also get why Hiro made the mistake he made...
Well, I agree with that. She's not nicest girl around... Eeh scratch that, she is nicest girl around just by virtue of not wanting kill/mutilate him. But that is very low bar I aknowledge that at least.
Old 2021-05-30, 03:10   Link #167
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Point being is that Reona is the worst totorial Fairy ever, and if that is her job she should seriously consider getting another one.
Also her not being malicious? seriously guys? He asks for Game A, she deliberately packs Game B, which is not only not what wanted, but also so shitty the company that made it got sued into oblivion, because it can actively destroy your console.
She is then type of fairy who has tendency to push a player off the cliff, and she thinks it is fun. Some forum viewers dislike her so much, they say if they meet her in VR game, her end will be a tenga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was bad advice. Alicia's main asset is her speed, he'd never have time to light them up. It would only work against her if it was instantaneous, like he assumed.
Alicia's kick and punch are powerful. You can say it is due to the momentum. I think her weakness will be her default status. He can beat her due to his variables. Once he has more physical training, his nervous system can fire off neurons more easily. As the consequence, his game character can move more swiftly.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-02, 10:01   Link #168
Frontier

Hey, at least Reona was willing to sit on Hiro's head. That must feel nice .

Well, that counselor might have been a little harsh, but he isn't really wrong that this is technically Hiro's fault for agreeing to something he was ill-prepared for on a whim. I mean, that isn't even the kind of counseling he's supposed to be offering, so he was just being honest .

With the way she sells games, Reona is the last person who should be complaining about extortion .

I love how that nun is kind of hot and the only way she can think to help Hiro is by carrying a big bucket of holy water to splash on him .

I feel bad for Cathy. She seems like a genuinely nice person who cares about Hiro, even grabbing Amos to save him from getting beaten, but she gets intimidated into saying she isn't his friend when you can tell from her face that she knows she's lying. But then she's the first one to speak out about how bad an instructor Amos is and what Hiro has been going through, redeeming herself .

I guess it kind of figures that Reona's "fairy power" would be just her using the fact that she can interact with the world without being seen to do something underhanded and sadistic which means messing with Granada's stuff and framing him for stealing an old nurses' panties and then implicating Amos in messing with Granada. Reona using her powers for good, from a certain point of view .

Did Reona go too far? Well, it can't be denied that the people she messed with had it coming and it finally turned the tables on Hiro's tormentors, but it was basically bullying the bullies. Was it the right thing to do? Although it didn't seem like Hiro was going to come up with a solution on his own anyways .

So it's finally time for the big day to fight the goblins...and Hiro knows he's pretty much screwed, but he'll take this game as far as he can. And that resolve to keep going finally lets Reona be honest with him about why she's really doing this and wants him to complete the game. Looks like we're getting her backstory next week .
Old 2021-06-02, 15:28   Link #169
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Writing this as I watch:
"A Fairy's special power" - Sitting on the MC's head? 0

Reona's tongue out face after Hiro asked her why she even let him go: Who are you Iowa? Because that's how she looks like after taking heavy damage...

I still can't help but think Cathy is actually Cie-Sensei from Danganronpa, even the eyes partially fit.

Well looks like Granada's sword turned into Shitiburn...Not Caliburn but Shitiburn, because you know, he pulled it out of shit.

That being said, somehow Reona only punished the muscles, but not the brains. That being said, the guards only talking now makes them almost as shitty as blonde guy.
At least Cathy didn't need any help to realize her own conduct. - Maybe Junko started playing this game and did her Lobotomy magic?

That being said, Reona went a bit too far with Amos. Sure he is a shitty asshole, but Reona should have done something that makes him want to be better at his job, which would have probably been a much worse punishment to begin with.

How many episodes do we even have left here? The ED makes Alicia look far more important than she is, I can't really see this having more than 13 Episodes though... I really hope the entire buildup wasn't just so mAlicia could save him during the Goblin fight

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-06-02, 15:50   Link #170
Wandering Soul

While Amos and Granada were jerks and deserved it, I do have to wonder if it's a good idea to get rid of your strongest recruit and instructor before a huge goblin attack.
Old 2021-06-02, 16:14   Link #171
Tenzen12

Instructor was just relieved of his position and wasn't fired yet. He may not train anyone, but he can still fight as part of guards.

Either way its probably not good idea, but Hiro was really on edge and might have just drop out if pushed even further.
Old 2021-06-02, 16:35   Link #172
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
How many episodes do we even have left here? The ED makes Alicia look far more important than she is, I can't really see this having more than 13 Episodes though... I really hope the entire buildup wasn't just so mAlicia could save him during the Goblin fight
Kamui said that the route where you kill your childhood friend gave him a better chance of survival, so I can only think Alicia is involved somehow .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
While Amos and Granada were jerks and deserved it, I do have to wonder if it's a good idea to get rid of your strongest recruit and instructor before a huge goblin attack.
It would be such a Hiro thing if Reona doing something "nice" for him ended up screwing him over...probably as revealed by Kamui .
Old 2021-06-02, 17:14   Link #173
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Instructor was just relieved of his position and wasn't fired yet. He may not train anyone, but he can still fight as part of guards.

Either way its probably not good idea, but Hiro was really on edge and might have just drop out if pushed even further.
I disagree.
In fact, Granada would have died first, because he didn't really have confidence. All he had is bravado.
And confidence is something a commander can need, bravado is what gets people killed.

*Totally didn't ripp that one off from Skyrim*

Anyway, even if he hadn't died of Bravado, he would have died first due to the Worf-Effect

In either case, the guard is better off without him. If nothing else, his treatment of Hiro showed that he isn't a reliable ally and won't come to other soldier's help when they need it.

Frankly, I'd rather have 5 Hiro's with me than one Granada.

Quote:
Kamui said that the route where you kill your childhood friend gave him a better chance of survival, so I can only think Alicia is involved somehow .
By that logic, you would have to be able to have the same chances if you manage to convince Alicia to join the guard together with you. They made it rather clear from the beginning that she has crazy high stats, I really wonder how she got them though.

Quote:
It would be such a Hiro thing if Reona doing something "nice" for him ended up screwing him over...probably as revealed by Kamui .
Well she somehow managed to register herself as Hiro's personal support character with the game... Earning him punishment titles.
Well at least the title no longer says that he wet his pants

Old 2021-06-02, 18:47   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Granada quit just because he was bullied a bit. He might have been strong physically, but the moment he would have seen a goblin kill someone, he would have ran away immediately.

Reona did nothing wrong. That said, she's a gigantic bitch for laughing alongside Granada and Palu during Cathy's scene.
Old 2021-06-03, 10:09   Link #175
grecefar

Even if reona did a "nice" thing for hiro helping him with the bullies, it doesn't change who she is.

Well its always good to see some karma pay out.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 02:17   Link #176
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Granada quit just because he was bullied a bit. He might have been strong physically, but the moment he would have seen a goblin kill someone, he would have ran away immediately.

Reona did nothing wrong. That said, she's a gigantic bitch for laughing alongside Granada and Palu during Cathy's scene.
The goblins are too strong in this game. When they wer in town, they easily killed a couple of guards.

Granda is a valuable fighter, but his extortion behavior is impacting the morale of the guards. He puts his hand on Cathy's shoulder as if they are very close. Later Cathy reveals that she is terrorized by him. The toxic environment is not good for troop's cohesion, since they cannot work side by side with confidence
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 02:58   Link #177
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Reona's the biggest piece of shit in this show.
Old 2021-06-04, 09:00   Link #178
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Reona's the biggest piece of shit in this show.
Which is kind of saying something in this kind of series .
Old 2021-06-08, 18:40   Link #179
Strahan

Quote:
Her joining in the bullies laughing at Hiro at the whole Cathy friend thing doesn't really support that idea very well.

She's such an annoying trash character. Almost everything she does is annoying lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 23:43   Link #180
Tenzen12

And ai disagree. You seen what she can do when she get mean, but when it come to Hiro she tries to support him both practicely and mentally.

And that she get few chuckles for his misfortune in online game? That I approve. Hiro can handle that much.

Tags
harem