AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-05-24, 14:34   Link #1
Plsfan

Wink Forbidden Love Rec for Picky Romantic

Hey guys! I'm looking for a really good romantic anime (nothing super mature, more like PG-13) and I don't want it to be "kiss-at-the-end" type of story where it takes the whole show for them to be together. Lots of kissing or romantic scenes! Leave my heart pumping!

I also love the idea of forbidden love- like running away or eloping or things like that. Or hate-to-love.

It has to be well-written with round characters and a good plot.

I just finished Toradora and *loved* it, but I just wish it had a few more episodes and more than one kiss!

Anything you recommend will help. Thank you so much!!
Plsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 04:08   Link #2
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

There's Toradora and that's pretty much it in this department. And by pretty much I mean that's it. The next closest thing, which isn't close at all, that I can think of is Ano Natsu de Matteru.

You'd have to switch away from Japanese stuff to get more like that. If you're up to read, I can recommend Unbalance x2.
Old 2021-06-21, 22:36   Link #3
Strahan

Funny, I came here to ask basically the same thing. I also griped about Toradora; all that investment and they don't hook up till right at the end. (sigh)

Best example of what I'd like to find is one like Itazura na Kiss. That's ideal, long running and doesn't end on a "will they/won't they" either. I also liked Lovely Complex and Ore Monogatari. Haven't delved into a romance in awhile, pretty sure there were others that were decent but I can't recall right now.

The forbidden aspect brings Koi Kaze to mind.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance (not mc)