AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-15, 20:10   Link #221
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Huh, so lines about how girls should be are removed from the original, but they keep the lines on how guys should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only thing that bothered me about this fight was how Dai kept zig-zagging all over the place for no reason. It looks cool, but unless you're trying to dodge a barrage of attacks, which he wasn't, there's no point in doing that
If they were drawing the battle scene instead of using CG, I'm sure they wouldn't have gone out of their way to add that random (and pointless) movement.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 09:31   Link #222
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

True final pairing for Popp: Gome.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 22:39   Link #223
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man that arc with Baran felt WAY too long. I was too used to the 2~3 ep battles. Glad its finally over. As someone mentioned before, the sudden uncomfortably with Dai using his powers in front of people, coupled with the memory loss part made it feel dragged out longer that I would have wanted.

This weeks episode had Hadlar back into the fray. Funnily, but not surprising, he got rekt'd so hard and so quick, even with his little plot to be sneaky. I had long passed thought he was unfit to be called "Dark Commander" ever since losing during the Flazzard arc, but man, he has fallen so low. Its weird King Vearn would say he gave him the ultimate body(last ep) but was defeated so easily here. Unless there really is untapped potential, and the whole "secret animal" research or whatever will lead him to fully grasping this power.

Next week is a martial arts tournament. Guess that's as good a cue for Maam to return to the party. Man, can Merle do SOMETHING other than idolize Popp before she gets back :thinking:?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 00:35   Link #224
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Makes you think how weak Hadlar was back in the day. This so-called super body he got could barely handle Dai's incomplete awakening early in the show and at this point just gets stomped instantly. No wonder he went with the assassination option. It really was the only hope he had. Even when facing off against Matoriv he would have straight up lost if not for getting extra help. Will be interesting to see what crazy powerup he's going to get in order to put up some kind of fight against Dai.

I'm kind of glad that Popp was faking his condition. If he seriously just got fully healed and powered up by Baran it would have been a bit silly. Although I'm sure he is objectively stronger than he was before. He at least has to work back up to prime condition.

Really wonder if they are going to give fortune teller girl a moment to shine here. Merle's whole character is obsessing over Popp and it hasn't even lead to anything yet . I mean sure it's nice for her to acknowledge some jealousy when fake Maam showed up. But yeah...she's not really contributing and even that romantic side-plot hasn't gone anywhere.

Either way we're clearly about to get martial artist Maam back which will be nice. At least she went off to get stronger and presumably it has worked. Now she'll be fighting on the front lines and really helping.

Kind of curious if Leona is leaving the party with how she phrased things. I mean certainly she can do a lot while leading her country. But seriously they need a white mage right now. Again Merle is technically there but she's not a great healer. Unless they can replace her with someone equally skilled I'd say she's a lot more useful with the group than running her country.
Old 2021-05-22, 01:05   Link #225
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Hadlar, even in the current state, is not weak. Sure, he is weaker than Dai or Baran, but so are most people. Hadlar losing to Hyunckel and Matoriv doesn't mean that they are stronger than him.
The thing about Hadlar is he is a hybrid class. He needs to utilize both his combat skills and his magic.
Hadlar vs Hyunckel is just a bad match up for Hadlar. Hyunckel's armor basically renders Hadlar's magic useless, cutting half of his strength.
Hadlar vs Matoriv is a bad judgement on Hadlar's part. If he fights a prolonged battle, eventually Matoriv will run out of mana. But Hadlar's arrogance made him engage the greatest human mage in a head-on magic duel, and it ended up badly.
Old 2021-05-22, 06:03   Link #226
Blaat

Man we're going full Dragon ball, this week we have a beam struggle and next week we have the Tenkaichi Budokai.

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2021-05-22, 17:10   Link #227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All this makes me wonder if Avan was really that strong.
Old 2021-05-22, 18:37   Link #228
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Current Hyunckel is probably stronger than Avan.
Dai definitely is.
Popp is better in term of spells, but weaker in overall.

Seriously, a Mage will never win a 1 vs 1 fight against a Warrior or Hero of the same level. Hadlar just did it wrong
What he should have done is either rushing Matoriv before he could cast any spell or dodging until Matoriv ran out of mana.
Engaging a Mage in a direct magic duel is just wrong in so many levels

By the way, I can argue that Hadlar could still win against Matoriv even with his terrible decision.
Matoriv is old and he can't fight for long, so all Hadlar needs to do is to just tank the damage until his opponent can no longer cast any spell (like what Crocodine tried to do with Baran).
But Hadlar was weak-willed so he panicked and called Zaboera for help.
Old 2021-05-22, 18:43   Link #229
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Current Hyunckel is probably stronger than Avan.
Dai definitely is.
Popp is better in term of spells, but weaker in overall.

Seriously, a Mage will never win a 1 vs 1 fight against a Warrior or Hero of the same level. Hadlar just did it wrong
What he should have done is either rushing Matoriv before he could cast any spell or dodging until Matoriv ran out of mana.
Engaging a Mage in a direct magic duel is just wrong in so many levels

By the way, I can argue that Hadlar could still win against Matoriv even with his terrible decision.
Matoriv is old and he can't fight for long, so all Hadlar needs to do is to just tank the damage until his opponent can no longer cast any spell (like what Crocodine tried to do with Baran).
But Hadlar was weak-willed so he panicked and called Zaboera for help.
Wouldn't it be pretty easy for a mage to win against a warrior? Stay in the air where they can't touch you and bombard them with spells.
Old 2021-05-23, 00:19   Link #230
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Stay in the air where they can't touch you and bombard them with spells.
Um no, Warriors can attack targets in the air.
Avan Strash, Hynckel's Bloody Scryed and Crocodine's Anguish Blast are all ranged attacks
Old 2021-05-23, 01:25   Link #231
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
All this makes me wonder if Avan was really that strong.
I'd say relative to the time he probably was. Outside of Baran of course, Avan was likely near the top of the power scale. Doesn't seem like he had busted equipment or a magical origin. Just incredibly skilled and raised himself to being one of the strongest people alive at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matoriv was actually stronger now than back when he was in that party with Avan. Magic is kind of the thing where I don't expect the wielder to fall out of their prime until they get pretty darn old. So in that sense being able to seriously push Hadlar in a match that played to Matoriv's strengths made sense.
Old 2021-05-23, 11:23   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Um no, Warriors can attack targets in the air.
Avan Strash, Hynckel's Bloody Scryed and Crocodine's Anguish Blast are all ranged attacks
And mages can easily dodge. I'm not sure how much range those attacks have either.
Old 2021-05-23, 19:06   Link #233
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Warriors can dodge mages' spells too
And if they get hit, warriors can tank the damage while mages can't.
Old 2021-05-24, 00:53   Link #234
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Warriors can dodge mages' spells too
And if they get hit, warriors can tank the damage while mages can't.
Depends on the spell, if the spell has a large AoE, then maybe not.
Old 2021-05-24, 18:39   Link #235
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

AOE spells tend to cost more MP and/or have lower damage output though.
Old 2021-05-26, 11:37   Link #236
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
AOE spells tend to cost more MP and/or have lower damage output though.
And, if the mage is considerably powerful, again that may not matter.
Old 2021-05-29, 13:50   Link #237
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Telling a female that their face is important -> Censor
Touching a female's breasts -> Censor
What is "manly" -> Okay
Female being violent towards a male -> Okay

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 18:46   Link #238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maam refusing to get the sword for Dai is idiotic. I get her not wanting him to kill his father, but leaving him vulnerable by denying him what is possibly the only weapon that can allow him to defend himself against Baran isn't something a good friend would do.
Old 2021-05-30, 09:26   Link #239
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Telling a female that their face is important -> Censor
Touching a female's breasts -> Censor
What is "manly" -> Okay
Female being violent towards a male -> Okay
It's kinda annoying. I can only be thankful Netflix wasn't involved in this series, or who knows what other "improvements " we would be seeing.

Anyway, I caught up to the last episode. We have Hadler still in a losing streak, now hopelessly outmatched by Dai and in desperate need for a power up.
Ma'am...I'd love to punch her in the face. She is still too naive and idealistic, as if Avan never taught her that kindness without strenght is pointless. How exactly does she expect Dai to save the world without a suitable weapon?
Next episode we'll get a new villain...well, even without the preview, they weren't exactly subtle in making Zamza appear as shady and sinister as possible in the few seconds of screen time he got.
Old 2021-05-30, 13:30   Link #240
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It's kinda annoying. I can only be thankful Netflix wasn't involved in this series, or who knows what other "improvements " we would be seeing.
The show is produced by Toei, and they've got many other shows which show that stuff without any qualms. Blame the time slot instead.

And no adaptation is 100% faithful to the original work, you already should've known that.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake