AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 12:11   Link #12421
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The other thing is that we got a couple new posters here, and they're simply reviving old topics that the rest of us had before decided were "discussed to death"...

I noticed Kampfer was popular, but despite the harem side to it, decided it wasn't for me...

on a side note, next chapter is out this week

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 12:15   Link #12422
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Barnes and Noble has 50% off their best seller's list. That includes volume 10! If anyone is interested that is.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:50   Link #12423
Chris38

Well, sorry for bringing subjects that have been "discussed to death" Magin.

I hope that this topic hasn't been "discussed to death" already, well it was from chapter 15 of Season II. Well what do you think Inner Moka meant when she said I don't feel that you need to be stronger. Whatever you do it's because my blood is flowing through you. ... Well if you don't remember it's mentioned here .... I'm not asking about the literal meaning, but does that mean that Moka's vampire blood is influencing him in more ways then just changing his body. Well it could be about the topic that even I know that was discussed before ( and that is the mental influence of the vampire blood ) , but Inner Moka could also mean that the vampire blood is somehow controlling ( to a lesser extent then in Tsukune's berserk vampire form, of course ) the actions that Tsukune takes, or I heard that in some vampire myths ( I'm not sure on this one ) a vampire who created a new vampire, by draining all of the newborns human blood and injecting him with his vampire blood ( something similar to what Moka did to Tsukune, without the draining of all blood part, well I can't say that she hasn't drained any amount of his blood, becuase she still sometimes sucks it from him ) ... anyway after that the vampire mentioned before has nearly complete control over the newborns actions ( it depends on the myth ). So could Inner Moka have had a similar "power" over Tsukune ... of course I'm cretin that Tsukune still has his free will, but it might be that Inner Moka could plant some sort of "suggestions" inside Tsukune ... which would make him take decisions that would suit Inner Moka ...

Of course, it's only a suggestion ... so take it as you like
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 16:25   Link #12424
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Actually, that topic's been hit on at the fanfiction club a few times.

She hasn't had to 'drain' Tsukune's blood persay because he's usually in a bad situation where he's already lost a lot of blood to begin with so it still fulfills the requirements. And in other stories/fiction about vampires, there are times where the 'parent' vampire can assert control over another vampire they have 'turned' (I think they call it 'Compel' or something close to it).

Still, Inner Moka wouldn't want to have to resort to forcing Tsukune in such a manner. It goes against what she wants in a relationship with him. Besides the power, the blood really doesn't do much of anything else to Tsukune. Even while fighting, he's only killed when he's been completely under the blood's influence. Another thing against that is that if that were true, Inner Moka would have definitely asserted her power on Ghoul Tsukune to calm him down whenever he went that way.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:15   Link #12425
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, sorry for bringing subjects that have been "discussed to death" Magin.

I hope that this topic hasn't been "discussed to death" already, well it was from chapter 15 of Season II. Well what do you think Inner Moka meant when she said I don't feel that you need to be stronger. Whatever you do it's because my blood is flowing through you. ... Well if you don't remember it's mentioned here .... I'm not asking about the literal meaning, but does that mean that Moka's vampire blood is influencing him in more ways then just changing his body. Well it could be about the topic that even I know that was discussed before ( and that is the mental influence of the vampire blood ) , but Inner Moka could also mean that the vampire blood is somehow controlling ( to a lesser extent then in Tsukune's berserk vampire form, of course ) the actions that Tsukune takes, or I heard that in some vampire myths ( I'm not sure on this one ) a vampire who created a new vampire, by draining all of the newborns human blood and injecting him with his vampire blood ( something similar to what Moka did to Tsukune, without the draining of all blood part, well I can't say that she hasn't drained any amount of his blood, becuase she still sometimes sucks it from him ) ... anyway after that the vampire mentioned before has nearly complete control over the newborns actions ( it depends on the myth ). So could Inner Moka have had a similar "power" over Tsukune ... of course I'm cretin that Tsukune still has his free will, but it might be that Inner Moka could plant some sort of "suggestions" inside Tsukune ... which would make him take decisions that would suit Inner Moka ...

Of course, it's only a suggestion ... so take it as you like
You have to remember that in R+V or in general, Japanese vampires, go by sometimes totally different rules than Western vampires. Japanese vampires are usually treated as living supernatural beings. There are a lot of differences, I'm not gonna list them but R+V does follow some of the Japanese vampire myths. That's why we don't see Moka burst into flames in sunlight, instead we get to she her strut around in a bikini on a beach for a few chapters

The ability for a vampire to control the people they turned seems to be a Western myth. Otherwise, like Tempest said, Moka could have just placated Tsukune instead of trying to rip his heart out. Although there isn't as sort of mind control ability, there is definitely a telepathic quality to R+V vampire blood.

At this point, were not even sure if Tsukune will eventually turn into a full on vampire. It's not known whether that is a vampire ability in R+V.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-11-30 at 18:31.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 19:15   Link #12426
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hn, Kokoa revealed that they (vampires) also have a type of 'charm' ability similar to succubus but that they mostly use it for seducing humans when they want to.
Old 2009-11-30, 19:37   Link #12427
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
You have to remember that in R+V or in general, Japanese vampires, go by sometimes totally different rules than Western vampires. Japanese vampires are usually treated as living supernatural beings. There are a lot of differences, I'm not gonna list them but R+V does follow some of the Japanese vampire myths. That's why we don't see Moka burst into flames in sunlight, instead we get to she her strut around in a bikini on a beach for a few chapters .
Vampires burned by sunlight is a new adding to western myths. At first they were able to walk in sunlight, they just preferred night. BTW at first vampires were able to turn into bats, wolves and mist, with time vampires became stripped of their shapeshifting ability, probably to not be mistaken with werewolves

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 20:42   Link #12428
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hn, Kokoa revealed that they (vampires) also have a type of 'charm' ability similar to succubus but that they mostly use it for seducing humans when they want to.
Yeah, she did but it seems like it's relatively weak and useless. Never saw Moka, Kokoa or Kahlua even bother to use it.

Maybe it's the cause of all the almost-kisses that occur between Moka and Tsukune Tsukune thinks that they're finally gonna do it but then it was just Moka working her charm for a little snack

I doubt it's that but, it could be. Most likely it's just naturally hard to turn away from a girl leaning in for a kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Vampires burned by sunlight is a new adding to western myths. At first they were able to walk in sunlight, they just preferred night.
Maybe they didn't want people to see them sparkle

Had to go there, I tease my girlfriend about that constantly ever since she wasted 4hrs of my life with that crap And I paid Sorry, had to rant

Shapeshifting was already covered in the manga, but I didn't know that death in sunlight was recently added to Western vampire myths.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:31   Link #12429
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Barnes and Noble has 50% off their best seller's list. That includes volume 10! If anyone is interested that is.
I am thinking of buying all of the volumes. There is a really good sale on actually. And with volume 10 half off, its a good deal. I just wish I knew whether or not they are going to do a box set. So, should I buy myself a Christmas gift?
Old 2009-11-30, 23:24   Link #12430
Chris38

Thanks, for clearing that up for me guys. And it's not like I wanted Inner Moka to have such ability, it is much better for her to develop "honest" feelings for Tsukune then something else, It's just that the words she used suggested some hidden meaning (at least to me ), .... maybe I'm just a bit too much oversensitive.

At least it's only less then a week, till the next chapter ... if things go well we might be indulging ourselves in the next chapter soon.

And well I agree with you FriedRice it must be especialy hard for Tsukune who as we all know has feelings for Moka.

So, in a way Tsukune's feelings for Moka is already an opening that she uses ( unintentionally ) to get her snack. Besides Tsukune had to be pretty tough to survive Moka's blood sucking him at the beginning of the series. If you remember back then Moka sucked Tsukune's blood on a daily basis

Well another thing I think I should mention concerning Moka - well this time Inner Moka, do you think that it will be Inner Moka who will make the first move or Tsukune ... personally I think that Inner Moka is going to be the one who will make the first move, especially if we take this momement into consideration. I know Inner Moka did that to provoke a reaction from Kurumu, but Tsukune was a bit hesitant to take the initiative, so it means that Inner Moka must first give the OK sign to Tsukune ... before he is going to take any serious action with her and Outer Moka in the romance aspect . And it's going to have to be a OK sign that will get through to Tsukune, so well maybe rather then Tsukune kissing Moka, it's going to be Inner Moka kissing Tsukune ( so basically Inner Moka is going to be the leading one in her relationship with Tsukune, which kind of suits her, doesn't it ... )

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-12-01 at 05:48.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:02   Link #12431
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am thinking of buying all of the volumes. There is a really good sale on actually. And with volume 10 half off, its a good deal. I just wish I knew whether or not they are going to do a box set. So, should I buy myself a Christmas gift?
Agh. The sale was only for Monday. Damnit! Well, right now everything is pretty much 10% off still so I can wait on the 9th and 10th volumes to go down. No one has anything to add? I'm really not sure what I should do here. Will there be a box set? Should I wait for a better deal? Agh.
Old 2009-12-01, 14:06   Link #12432
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I'm waiting for a box set, too. But, I don't think R+V is popular enough for Viz to create a box set for it

I think it's just better off to buy the volumes individually for now.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:06   Link #12433
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Not only would it have to be popular, it would have to be pretty huge too... take Rurouni Kenshin, for example

Old 2009-12-01, 17:51   Link #12434
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They don't have to get that creative. The Naruto Box Set didn't have that much extra stuff other than a box to put them all in and giving me a good price. Its the price that matters when you come down to it.
Old 2009-12-01, 20:28   Link #12435
servidor

Raw for 25 is out. Haven't seen the scans yet.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 20:43   Link #12436
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I was wondering if the RAW was out... (since I saw Claymore was out)

*goes to DL*

Old 2009-12-01, 20:49   Link #12437
servidor

The old body swap between Yukari and the new guy Won Fan Fan. He seems to be enjoying it more since it is time to the body check of the alumni of the Academy. One funny thing, Gin and the Loli Karate captain have an underground tunnel to peep on the girls.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 21:02   Link #12438
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Yup, we have ourselves a Yukari chapter... she managed to confess to Tsukune, and she apparrently even grew a little bit on the last panel

Old 2009-12-01, 21:04   Link #12439
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Hm....looks like I was right about the next chapter being another light filler. I'm really getting the impression that the Wong's are pretty much here for gags. I guess this is good...need to take a break from all the action. The Snow Village and summer break arcs were pretty heavy.

Spoiler for 25:

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-12-01 at 21:27.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:06   Link #12440
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
she apparrently even grew a little bit on the last panel
Yukari has been looking a bit less loli since this new arc started. I can say the same for Kokoa, too.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire