AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-31, 10:06   Link #121
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
and we keep pointing out how LONG its been since she fought. yes for us readers its been 8 years, but it has not been that long in manga time. these are the volumes since 34 when sakura beat sasori:
35-38 kakuzu/hidan/shika/asuma/begin sasuke
39-40 sasuke
41 jiraiya
42-43 sasuke after itachi
44 sage training
45 sasuke.bee/pain invasion
46-48 pain vs naruto
49-50 gokage summit
51-52 sasuke vs danzo/
53 - prep for war, have war***(if i screwed this up hopefully somebody corrects me

vol 38?, sasuke beats orochimaru 6 months(in manga time) after sakura beats sasori. roughly 3 months later, war breaks out.
within this timeline/storyline, when/where was sakura suppose to get this major fight?
9 months between the Sasori fight and the war?... if that's right then that sounds like PLENTY of time for Sakura to train up other justu. Heck 3 months sounds like enough time. And if it wasn't that much time, and you are actually overestimating then it could have been longer if kishi wanted it to be.

And where could sakura get a major fight? Just about anywhere Naruto or kakashi got one. The easiest places to have given her a fight would have been Pain's invasion where there was a total of 7 people to fight (summoner Pain would have given Sakura plenty of chances to show off her strength, and Konan might have made for an interesting challenge if Sakura's punch was ineffective against her paper-like body), and the war where there was no end to the number of potential fights. Other times would have required nothing more than kishi inserting another minion for the villains into the mix; Akatsuki and Orochimaru could have simply had some more jounin-level minions to help give other characters a chance to fight, especially sakura

Really, most other manga shonen writer don't have this problem. One Piece and Fairy Tail each have like a half-dozen or so characters to juggle and they always find something for them to do in every single arc. All it takes is a little extra forethought. Heck giving sakura's chances to fight wouldn't have even taken that much more time; Sasori took ten chapters, but not everyone of sakura's fights have to be that big and long... in total, sakura's extra fights(depending on how many more you give her) might have added only a few of months to the series 10+ year long run
Old 2013-05-31, 10:32   Link #122
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
9 months between the Sasori fight and the war?... if that's right then that sounds like PLENTY of time for Sakura to train up other justu. Heck 3 months sounds like enough time. And if it wasn't that much time, and you are actually overestimating then it could have been longer if kishi wanted it to be.
not that this is exactly what you're saying here, but i dont get the complaints about characters not having enough time to learn COMPLETELY MAGICAL skills. as if there is a proper amount of time to learn things that are utterly impossible in reality... 'no way. that's not enough time for kabuto to learn sage mode or for naruto to learn chakra mode or whatever...' 'obviously it takes a solid 3 years to learn sage mode for it to be believable' it's a pretty baseless and silly argument. point being, characters can learn whatever kishi wants in whatever time frame he wants since it's all absurd no matter how realistically you look at it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 12:17   Link #123
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i dont get the complaints about characters not having enough time to learn COMPLETELY MAGICAL skills. as if there is a proper amount of time to learn things that are utterly impossible in reality...
Some of the disbelief is based on comparasons between how long it took other characters to learn the same or comparable skills. Unfortunately, most of the arguments tend to be nonsense and the underlying reasons are usually petty things related to their favorite character, like people who wanted Naruto to be the only one to be able to use sage-mode, and somehow reasoned that someone as intelligent as Kabuto learning it(as long as he's been off camera I might add) was an ass-pull.

In this case people just can't stand Sakura because she's in love with Sasuke instead of Naruto, so anything she does will be viewed in a bad light. I really think that if it was Hinata that tried to kill Sasuke on her own for how he's treated Naruto and to end the issue of him being a wanted ninja, some of the same people who condemn Sakura for it would praise Hinata. The scene of Naruto swooping in and holding her in his arms would send them on a frenzy.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 12:51   Link #124
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
When it comes down to it, one of the problems with Sakura is that it seems like kishi has not put nearly enough thought into her abilities.
I won't quote the rest of your post because I mostly agree but there is nothing inherently better in Rasengan + clones than in super strength + self-heal. It's not a question of which skill is better or more entertaining but of how many time she was made to use them and how was it displayed when she did.
Even there her whole smashy smashy thing is technically impressive but boring. Change her few pages of useless chatter into a cinematic composition of her running through the ranks of monsters tearing off limbs, slapping heads off shoulders, destroying the ground just to catch huge boulders off the air and use it as projectiles to crush the Juubimon or bury them underground. Make her purposely take deep wounds in order to protect her comrades and destroy her opponents, healing the damage with one hand while crushing her foes with the other without taking pause. And while she does all that (and it can be easily done in only two 2-3 pages) have Naruto and/or Sasuke react as if was just par for the course, something expected of her instead of surprising. Only then have her reveal her seal and show her do things truly humongous and jaw dropping for all the Alliance like baby shake the Juubi.

No need for chakra scalpel or stuff like that, super strength in itself can give an endless supply of variety if used correctly. I mean would you rather see an Nth Rasengan from Sage-mode Naruto or a scene where he stops a Juubimoon punch with one hand, crush its fist into mush and use one of its mangled claw to split its own head before throwing the body so hard that it pierces through the Juubi's hide like a bullet?

But anyway this chapter is just one instance among hundreds of chapter because beside the whole drama between shippers Sakura's main problem is that except for the Sasori fight her feats in part 2 up until now are to be knocked out by Kabuto's ass and by random rocks. To fail her objectives and require saving from the "real" ninja passing by and generally to be used as an off panel band-aid.
Replace that with a few combats every now and then with meaningful and entertaining interventions helping to defeat the antagonists and her character would be mostly fine even if most people would be angry with her because she wouldn't rub herself against Naruto's leg like Hinata or at the very least express distaste at Sasuke's sight which always make for a popular stance.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:02   Link #125
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
well frankly, three years training with tsunade was enough..the key point remains tho. sakura is a medical ninja. jutsu develop is cool but ultimately a waste of chakra when her primary role is to heal the wounded.

Quote:
And where could sakura get a major fight? Just about anywhere Naruto or kakashi got one. The easiest places to have given her a fight would have been Pain's invasion where there was a total of 7 people to fight (summoner Pain would have given Sakura plenty of chances to show off her strength, and Konan might have made for an interesting challenge if Sakura's punch was ineffective against her paper-like body), and the war where there was no end to the number of potential fights. Other times would have required nothing more than kishi inserting another minion for the villains into the mix; Akatsuki and Orochimaru could have simply had some more jounin-level minions to help give other characters a chance to fight, especially sakura
based on the story kishi as written, imo, the pain invasion is the ONLY place for a major fight for her...but once her again, her primary goal is to tend to the wounded. after tsunade she is the second best medic in the village. she took care of the summon creature for that kid, and she was off to the hospital where a good doctor should be...

Quote:
Really, most other manga shonen writer don't have this problem. One Piece and Fairy Tail each have like a half-dozen or so characters to juggle and they always find something for them to do in every single arc. All it takes is a little extra forethought. Heck giving sakura's chances to fight wouldn't have even taken that much more time; Sasori took ten chapters, but not everyone of sakura's fights have to be that big and long... in total, sakura's extra fights(depending on how many more you give her) might have added only a few of months to the series 10+ year long run
i dont agree there is a problem. kishi is writing the story he wants...he should give one, two, maybe three squats about what the other authors are doing. his character sakura is a super medical ninja who effectively (based on the rules told to us) shouldnt lift a finger to fight unless they can use that seal/jutsu tsunade has...which she now has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Change her few pages of useless chatter into a cinematic composition of her running through the ranks of monsters tearing off limbs, slapping heads off shoulders, destroying the ground just to catch huge boulders off the air and use it as projectiles to crush the Juubimon or bury them underground. Make her purposely take deep wounds in order to protect her comrades and destroy her opponents, healing the damage with one hand while crushing her foes with the other without taking pause. And while she does all that (and it can be easily done in only two 2-3 pages) have Naruto and/or Sasuke react as if was just par for the course, something expected of her instead of surprising. Only then have her reveal her seal and show her do things truly humongous and jaw dropping for all the Alliance like baby shake the Juubi.

No need for chakra scalpel or stuff like that, super strength in itself can give an endless supply of variety if used correctly.
1) i wager this is exactly how tsunade fought as a sannin. in fact this is how she fought against madara. i suspect sakura has the same battle prowess...............now
tho technically the seal has to be activated for her to be that buck wild

2)exactly. super strength is enough. (still not sure why superman needed eye beams j/k
Old 2013-05-31, 14:01   Link #126
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Change her few pages of useless chatter into a cinematic composition of her...
Only then have her reveal her seal and show her do things truly humongous and jaw dropping for all the Alliance like baby shake the Juubi.
You finally revealed your Sakura-fanboy side

Quote:
Replace that with a few combats every now and then with meaningful and entertaining interventions helping to defeat the antagonists and her character would be mostly fine even if most people would be angry with her because she wouldn't rub herself against Naruto's leg like Hinata or at the very least express distaste at Sasuke's sight which always make for a popular stance.
Unfortunately she was always used as a plot device when Naruto and Sasuke were around. As if there was a law that the closer those 2 are to her the weaker and dumber she becomes
I usually don't even complain any more because of such things, often it's made obvious from the begining that someone will be used as a plot device in a scene or battle, and of course those who like that character can't do anything else than complain in the forums. For example Kabuto was insanely strong in his last battle, he could have beaten almost anyone alone, and if he even combined his power with a few of his kage level edo tensei zombies he would be able to beat anyone (the 5 kages he could beat easily), yet when Kishimoto decided that he has to face Itachi and Sasuke it became obvious that poor Kabuto can't show off how powerful he became, not even once.

Quote:
(still not sure why superman needed eye beams j/k
I was informed just a few days ago that those beams are very important: he can't shave his beard without those beams
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 14:07   Link #127
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
Some of the disbelief is based on comparasons between how long it took other characters to learn the same or comparable skills.
yea i thought about that when writing that post, but dismissed it since nobody trains quicker and with faster results than naruto. in kabuto's case, he was always a great ninja. he was outclassing naruto back in the forest of death when naruto was barely able to beat the likes of kiba. so i have no problem with kabuto's sage mode and i assume it still took him longer to achieve it than it did naruto. as for sakura, i also have no problem with her super strength. my only problem is her character's lack of limelight between sasori and now. kishi was unwise to not have had her in one more impressive fight. taking out one of kakuzu's hearts or one of the pains or konan or just a new character all together would have been enough to keep her relevant. i half expected her to be somewhat relevant against kakuzu since he was kind of a medical ninja, but she was the most useless ninja there as usual (well sai too, but he's another failed character...)

Quote:
In this case people just can't stand Sakura because she's in love with Sasuke instead of Naruto, so anything she does will be viewed in a bad light. I really think that if it was Hinata that tried to kill Sasuke on her own for how he's treated Naruto and to end the issue of him being a wanted ninja, some of the same people who condemn Sakura for it would praise Hinata. The scene of Naruto swooping in and holding her in his arms would send them on a frenzy.
haha that's most likely true. i actually liked that part of the story. i have no qualm with her attempt and failure to kill him. it was a little too melodramatic prior to the event with naruto and the k11, but it wasn't bad. and i really liked when she tried to convince sasuke she was on his side and then stab him in the back. that scene would have held a lot more weight if she wasn't so continually useless in other fights. like Hunter just reminded me, it all started going back downhill when kabuto's ass randomly knocked her out on the bridge and she needed to be saved. the sasori fight gave her character hope, but that part was like a nail in the coffin
Old 2013-05-31, 15:08   Link #128
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You finally revealed your Sakura-fanboy side
No, I revealed the reason why I feel nothing one way or the other for her character. That's how she could have been decent, as it is she is a waste of panel.

Quote:
I was informed just a few days ago that those beams are very important: he can't shave his beard without those beams
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 16:22   Link #129
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

In many ways Naruto has changed from a (anywhere but Japan) 16+ to an 12+.

- The way how painful and tragic Haku and Zabuza died.... was rarely seen again.
- How quickly and without any mercy fodder was slain by Gaara in the woods. Even after begging.
- How Orochimaru in the woods seemed like a true kid molester. A pedophile.
How he caused fear in Kakashi... making him tremble being unable to take action...

Changed to... dbz where everyone got revived. Yes.. i've read most of the posts here and it is weird why they didnt open the barrier and attacked the Juubi with everything they had. (Long range attacks obviously). With another one bomb like that everyone of them will be reduced to dust.

As some said: Madara no longer seems to care about what happens.
Now everyone wants to become Hokage.
The cheerfull faces even though thousands have died, their parents and friend Neji. Didnt seem to affect anyone after Sasuke joined in. Sasuke who also seems to have not changed at all. Dont get in my way bla bla. Naruto yelling and bragging again. Sakura having her glory and shining periode for just 2-3 pages. Then gets saved again.

I am now slightly certain that Madara never wanted to destroy the world with his plan or just put everyone into some fantasy. It's just that he wanted someone to bring back Hashirama and Hashirama would only fight him seriously when the world would be in some sort of danger. Madara still somehow being a good guy. Just like Danzou. It's a matter of perspective.

The possibilities that Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke become jounin-sensei's has been reduced to something that is illogical because of their insane abilities. All three of them poses abilities to reduce a village or small village to nothing but air. Sakura just punches a new grand canyon, Naruto can bijuu dama and nuke it... Sasuke can just burn it down for 7 days with Amaterasu.
Old 2013-05-31, 18:14   Link #130
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
In many ways Naruto has changed from a (anywhere but Japan) 16+ to an 12+.

- The way how painful and tragic Haku and Zabuza died.... was rarely seen again.
- How quickly and without any mercy fodder was slain by Gaara in the woods. Even after begging.
- How Orochimaru in the woods seemed like a true kid molester. A pedophile.
How he caused fear in Kakashi... making him tremble being unable to take action..
1 - Asuma, Jiraiya, Itachi, Minato and Kushina, Rin, Yahiko, Nagato and Konan all had pretty tragic deaths
2- Kabutomaru did a lot of that recently. kisame slaughtered his team. hidan mowed down fodder and sacrificed them to his religion
3-he's still a pedo. just check the kabuto backstory
4-the fear thing is mostly gone but i think that would get stale after a while. especially since all the main characters are now at top levels. pain did it to kakashi and jiraiya a little. sasuke did it to sai and cee
Old 2013-05-31, 18:33   Link #131
PinkBunnyChan

I think the whole reason Kishi made Sakura be saved by both Naruto and Sasuke was to show that Team 7 is back, not that Sakura is 'useless'.
PinkBunnyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 18:51   Link #132
Slayerx

Quote:
well frankly, three years training with tsunade was enough..the key point remains tho. sakura is a medical ninja. jutsu develop is cool but ultimately a waste of chakra when her primary role is to heal the wounded.

i dont agree there is a problem. kishi is writing the story he wants...he should give one, two, maybe three squats about what the other authors are doing. his character sakura is a super medical ninja who effectively (based on the rules told to us) shouldnt lift a finger to fight unless they can use that seal/jutsu tsunade has...which
one of THE overarching theme's of sakura's entire character was the fact that she was always being left behind by Sasuke and Naruto; this has been a major part of character since after the zabuza arc when she realized how far ahead naruto and sasuke were. Through out the next arcs she would try desperately to prove she was good enough. In fact that's exactly the point she's trying to make in this very chapter by stepping on to the front lines; she's trying to claim she is their equal. Heck she even calls back to when she cut her hair fighting Ino as her promise to get stronger. The Sasori fight was the first time she really showed how far she came... but since that kishi has forced her to the sideline as an after through that he wasn't quite sure what to do with

Also you ever heard the phrase, "the best defense is a good offense"? If you can defeat an enemy early on, then he will hurt far fewer people and thus doctors won't need to heal as many people. Its something that kinda comes up when dealing with combat medics, especially when they are really powerful... Heck in other stories you might have a really powerful combat medic sitting on the sidelines doing nothing so they can heal the wounded, but as it turns out they probably could have prevented a lot of the damage had they fought because they are indeed, powerful enough to effect the battle. Another good combat medic would be Chopper from one piece and he ALWAYS gets fights while finding time to also take care of the wounded... for a medic their place is on the sideline, but combat medics can be a bit more flexible, especially in a shonen series; they can be where ever the author wants them to be whether it be healing the wounded, or fighting the enemy on the frontlines... and unfortunately for Sakura, Kishi decided to just keep her on the sidelines where no one could see her and give her no chance to show off her fighting ability

Quote:
based on the story kishi as written, imo, the pain invasion is the ONLY place for a major fight for her...but once her again, her primary goal is to tend to the wounded. after tsunade she is the second best medic in the village. she took care of the summon creature for that kid, and she was off to the hospital where a good doctor should be...
Pain/konan attack the Hospital; Sakura must now defend hospital. Or; Pain figures out that Sakura is Naruto's partner and decides to go after her; Sakura must defend herself. Not so hard to give her a reason to fight.

And really, the Pain invasion is not the only place. She has accompanied other characters into the field plenty of times that could have given her a fight if Kishi just added one more villain/minion to the mix. Like the battle at the bridge; Kishi could have used the bridge battle to be the introduction to sasuke's minions later on such as Karin and Suigestu. Karin's own obsession with sasuke could have lead to her and sakura having something of an antagonistic comedic rivalry that in turn could have actually gotten interesting after Karin is betrayed by sasuke and captured by the leaf. Suigestu on the other hand could have proved an interesting challenge for Sakura given his water like body makes him more resistant to brute force. Or Heck Sakura could have gone up against Kabuto; that fight could have acted as a call back to tsunade's fight with him... or orochimaru could have had anyother random minion. Same goes for Akatsuki; we know its not unheard of for the members to have jounin level minions and thus a fight against one or two akatsuki could have easily turned into a fight against 3 or 4 villains, thus giving Sakura someone to fight and show off

I'd also note that sakura does not have to beat all of these people once and for all. She could win only for them to escape; they could fight to until their fight is interruppted and/or cut short... heck she could even LOOSE and still get credit so long as she put up a REALLY good fight (people enjoyed rock lee's fights against Garra and Kimimaro despite the fact that he lost both fights)

Only a very small amount of rewritting a fore-thought would have been needed to give sakura the fights readers wanted to see.

Quote:
in kabuto's case, he was always a great ninja. he was outclassing naruto back in the forest of death when naruto was barely able to beat the likes of kiba. so i have no problem with kabuto's sage mode and i assume it still took him longer to achieve it than it did naruto.
Ya i didn't have any issue there either. Heck The frog's seemed kinda of overpowered with how much they were able to give Naruto when compared to other summons; so it was kinda of nice to know the same could be gotten through the snakes; though i might have preferred if they got a different power up...

Though what i did take issue with was Minato's Kyuubi-mode... that didn't make much sense at all considering that he was never a host for the kyuubi and the only reason Naruto was able to achieve such power was through his friendly relationship with the kyuubi. I mean how would minato even know he COULD do that much less how he did it; I mean konoha didn't even know that kind of control over the demons was possible since naruto had to learn it from the Cloud... Though i would have been nice for Naturo to have that was truly unique to himself, especially since kyuubi mode kinda shows how far Naruto has come since the kyuubi started off as a curse for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunnyChan
I think the whole reason Kishi made Sakura be saved by both Naruto and Sasuke was to show that Team 7 is back, not that Sakura is 'useless'.
considering that when team 7 was a thing, Sakura was useless, Sakura needing to be saved and being useless would indeed be a way to show "team 7 is back".

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-05-31 at 20:32.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 19:35   Link #133
sayde

Quote:
Though what i did take issue with was Minato's Kyuubi-mode... that didn't make much sense at all considering that he was never a host for the kyuubi and the only reason Naruto was able to achieve such power was through his friendly relationship with the kyuubi. I mean how would minato even know he COULD do that much less how he did it; I mean konoha didn't even know that kind of control over the demons was possible since naruto had to learn it from the Cloud... Though i would have been nice for Naturo to have that was truly unique to himself, especially since kyuubi mode kinda shows how far Naruto has come since the kyuubi started off as a curse for him
The following is nothing more than my own crackpot theory. But to put it as simply as I can, what if Kurama's chakra contains a spiritual link to it thereby connecting the consciousness present in the Yang chakra with the Yin chakra in Minato? In other words, what if the Yin half of Kurama's chakra was not it's own separate conscious entity that Minato had to subdue to use the 9-tails chakra mode? That could potentially mean that the only reason Minato is able to do that in first place is because Naruto made peace with Kurama. And since Minato's a genius and was able to immediately figure out that Naruto was currently fighting side by side with Kurama, he knew that it was currently safe to freely draw upon the Kurama's Yin chakra within him. I hope that makes sense.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 21:40   Link #134
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
1 - Asuma, Jiraiya, Itachi, Minato and Kushina, Rin, Yahiko, Nagato and Konan all had pretty tragic deaths
2- Kabutomaru did a lot of that recently. kisame slaughtered his team. hidan mowed down fodder and sacrificed them to his religion
3-he's still a pedo. just check the kabuto backstory
4-the fear thing is mostly gone but i think that would get stale after a while. especially since all the main characters are now at top levels. pain did it to kakashi and jiraiya a little. sasuke did it to sai and cee
True, but its more or less the pace. Just when you dont stand a chance and beg for your lives and it just ends there. Gaara did it without thinking.
All of the named characters indeed died a tragic death but they really gave a good fight. Sometimes.... characters really dont stand a chance. Like Shizune who got her soul ripped out... but... the effect disappeared because she was brought back. Minato, Kushina, Asuma, Itachi, Zabuza and Haku died in a way where i could feel that it was really sad. The other deaths didnt move me that much.
Probably because of the impact.

Life is just too short and too unexpected especially if you face life and death situations but the endings are so predictable. Anyway... you brought up very good points and i agree with you.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:13   Link #135
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Only a very small amount of rewritting a fore-thought would have been needed to give sakura the fights readers wanted to see.
i understand other readers wanted to see sakura more in action, but the route kishi took makes alot of sense to me and im fine with it. and after we see what this build up has been for, ill be exceptionally fine with it (fingers crossed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The following is nothing more than my own crackpot theory. But to put it as simply as I can, what if Kurama's chakra contains a spiritual link to it thereby connecting the consciousness present in the Yang chakra with the Yin chakra in Minato? In other words, what if the Yin half of Kurama's chakra was not it's own separate conscious entity that Minato had to subdue to use the 9-tails chakra mode? That could potentially mean that the only reason Minato is able to do that in first place is because Naruto made peace with Kurama. And since Minato's a genius and was able to immediately figure out that Naruto was currently fighting side by side with Kurama, he knew that it was currently safe to freely draw upon the Kurama's Yin chakra within him. I hope that makes sense.
a spiritual link isnt necessary i dont think.
but u may be right. minato simply sealed the kyuubis chakra within himself, while sealing the actual kyuubi in naruto. his process was much like the tug-of-war naruto had in the tail beast shrine, where he was able to use the nine tails chakra without consent...

and as far as konoha not knowing how to tame the nine tails previously, im not so sure...
every since it was mentioned that mito uzumaki could sense murderous intent ive wonder whether she had the glowy mode as well. madara, hashirama, and tobirama have all seen narutos/minatos cloak and no one has provided any insight so maybe she didn't.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:38   Link #136
itachi-san314

Quote:
a spiritual link isnt necessary i dont think.
but u may be right. minato simply sealed the kyuubis chakra within himself, while sealing the actual kyuubi in naruto. his process was much like the tug-of-war naruto had in the tail beast shrine, where he was able to use the nine tails chakra without consent...
my understanding of minato's kyuubi mode is that he was sealed in the death god with half kurama's chakra in an eternal struggle. so it makes sense to me that he knows how to do pretty much anything with it after all that time. naruto's is probably stronger since he has kurama's soul and personality behind it. it might not need a very complex reason

Quote:
and as far as konoha not knowing how to tame the nine tails previously, im not so sure...
every since it was mentioned that mito uzumaki could sense murderous intent ive wonder whether she had the glowy mode as well. madara, hashirama, and tobirama have all seen narutos/minatos cloak and no one has provided any insight so maybe she didn't.
i would assume she did but like you said, we don't and may never know. as for taming the kyuubi, it must have been tamed in konoha back when hashirama was hokage since that was one of his major powers. after that i think they just contained it
Old 2013-06-01, 00:59   Link #137
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
my understanding of minato's kyuubi mode is that he was sealed in the death god with half kurama's chakra in an eternal struggle. so it makes sense to me that he knows how to do pretty much anything with it after all that time. naruto's is probably stronger since he has kurama's soul and personality behind it. it might not need a very complex reason

i would assume she did but like you said, we don't and may never know. as for taming the kyuubi, it must have been tamed in konoha back when hashirama was hokage since that was one of his major powers. after that i think they just contained it
1. badassness would have been 9000 if yondaime had come to the battlefield with cloak lit up

2. im thinking his version has a limit since naruto has the actual kyuubi who takes time out to knead chakra.

3. yes madara mopped the floor with the 5 kages, but what about the 5 HOkages!! show him that will of fire is real son!

4. if sasuke is not good for real, im calling flame sword/itachi dream sword to hashiramas back. the exact scene when he "killed' madara
Old 2013-06-01, 01:56   Link #138
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Sakura's seal is not the same as Tsunades. Sakura's called Byakugou.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:18   Link #139
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunnyChan View Post
For the good taste's sense Team 7 should had never been revived after what has happened.

Naruto is silly kids' show and super annoying. It's even morally twisted.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 03:34   Link #140
Rydrallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
-
The more you kill the faster you become a Kage.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion