AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-27, 09:00   Link #50361
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Isn't that is Setsuna F. Seiei in a tuxedo?
Well, sorry that I can't draw and can only shop and recolor other anime characters into approximations in my imagination.
Old 2014-01-27, 10:17   Link #50362
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why do I feel like highschool settings are being overused?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 10:28   Link #50363
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

High school setting will always find its place. That's the reason.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 10:37   Link #50364
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well that's true, but sometimes even though the setting is highschool, there's barely any reference to the school at all. I was wondering why we never just outright said that the school is just a giant prop.
Old 2014-01-27, 17:48   Link #50365
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
"Here you go, hot cocoa," he announced as he carried the steaming mugs on a platter to the living room where the both of them were. While Madoka was lying on her back in the sofa, playing some sort of game on her cell phone, Chifuyu was organizing lesson plans for the next month.

"Thanks," she replied offhandedly, pouring over the information contained on three different tablets. Taking a deep breath, she let the tablet she was currently working on fall to the tabletop and relaxed back into the chair. "Such a pain," she sighed, taking the offered mug from Ichika and inhaling the scent from the steaming liquid. "Cocoa, huh?"

"Well, coffee seemed to be a bit much for today," he told her, walking over to where Madoka was sprawled out over the couch. "Here ya go."

“I don’t want it.”

“Oh c’mon Madoka. Have you ever tried it?”
“No.”

“...seriously?”

“Seriously, now leave me alone.” Madoka turned over, facing her back towards him. He sighed.

“Forget it, if she’s going to be like that then just take it back.”

“I don’t want to waste it.”

“So drink it yourself,” Chifuyu was merciless today. “That way, if she wants to, she can share an indirect kiss’ when she drinks out of it later instead of using your mug.”

“I do NOT!” Madoka roared angrily, her face bright red.
I think that reaction is so cute.
Old 2014-01-27, 18:10   Link #50366
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well that's true, but sometimes even though the setting is highschool, there's barely any reference to the school at all. I was wondering why we never just outright said that the school is just a giant prop.
ISA is no giant prop. Its the maintenance base for the ISS Copernicus, includes hangars for all the idols up to Ange Stark (who admittedly has both a hangar on campus and a skyscraper in the city), and recently the idols with new model STR@TOBiKE IS (Kei, Agne/Monique, Tsubomi, Maeo) moved into hangar of their own better equipped to maintain their IS (mostly because they have more money to rent their own hangar).

Every time I need to shield someone from the law, they appear in the ISA. Canon does that too.

Even [The Infinite Stratos] has Ichika and Gotanda rocking up to Rise's hangar because I added more R&D to Byakushiki's operations and made Yukimura Heavy Industries more present in the series since they built the Uchiganes and assisted in Byakushiki's contruction.

Uchikengers may spend most of the time out of school, but they definitely all attend ISA in Class 4 (Sarashiki's class iirc). Come to think of it, Kaoru spends more time interacting with schoolmates than other idols, since there's only 5 of them at first and Ai, Tsukasa and Jun are away very often.

It is why I felt I had to change settings when I got to work on Tainaka Yuuko; to me, using the ISA was getting stale. She's middle school age, didn't make the grade to skip to ISA, and not to mention wouldn't have gotten a STR@TOBiKE if not for Tabane's meddling. To me, it made sense to have an idol based in a different place, for the time being. Although for Yuuko, she moves around quite a bit: there's the Tainaka Detective Agency where Yuuko and her mother live and keep open; there's Moe Moe Kyun Cafe where Yuuko works part time and collects errand requests from the board; she occasionally gets help from Russia Sushi and of course there's Kougami-P's head office in Tokyo where ALL the idols meet up once in a while when they do a big show (and put up with the President's HAPPY BIRTHDAY ham.) Yuuko is the "Idol of Wishes", so it made more sense if she's more in contact with her neighbourhood. Helps me diversify my idol's settings too.

You will be surprised who the 6th biker idol is, but you will understand then why she has no HQ at all but roams freely everywhere.

Will this be a pattern to come? I'm not sure yet, but I would prefer to add people directly to ISA so that they interact with one another, and the main cast more.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-01-27 at 18:20.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 18:10   Link #50367
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I think that reaction is so cute.
I think you should add that to Drabbles.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 19:03   Link #50368
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Meister: Good setting! But other than Tokyo and ISA, anywhere else? They will have to go for a tour at once or another.

Oi, have you read my past post? The one which "Industrial Idols Group failed and found out what they're truly for".
Old 2014-01-28, 00:40   Link #50369
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

No I haven't and I still can't find it. Could you link it to me?

But are you talking about a WUG! setting? Haven't actually gotten to that point yet. The closest would be the Kougami-P idols that got mixed in with the superhumans recruited by Tabane. They predated the story though, and were initially filler characters so their back stories are comparatively thin. I tried to expand on it with a "SHOOTiNG ST@R: Idols of Stratos" setting like a certain comic book company tried but that didn't really go anywhere. Even so you could consider them failed idols since Kougami-P was going bankrupt and main branch was thinking of repurposing them as test pilots. Then Tabane happened. Which led to their comeback... As test pilots that were idols. Lol.

Once Kougami Metallurgy had enough data and bought the bike IS patent from Kawasaki, they made STR@TOBiKEs and so the newer idols are equipped with those IS instead of a model bought from other companies.

Never really focused on the comeback bits since it was mostly a rags to riches story from the perspectives of Karon and other "pre-Decade" "riders". Perhaps I could, but I'm already busy as Chifuyu's manslave.

The idols will go on tour eventually. Just need to bother with writing.
Old 2014-01-28, 01:46   Link #50370
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I want to just thro away all my past notes on cosmic and stratos... I just can't imagine a successful meld of IS nd cosmic energy.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:01   Link #50371
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

All right, so I'm going to type it again:

Quote:
Characters: Temporary assign as O, W, X, Y and Z

- X: Core of the group. Typical sugar-high girl. See singing as a hobby, but as her parents don't accept her choice, she joined the group as an act of rebellion.

- Y: Rival of X. Ojou-sama, but her family got bankrupted. See singing as a mean to regain her wealth.

- Z: Kuudere. A timid girl who want to be accepted. See singing as the road to fame.

- W: Scion of a famous entertainment enterprise. Adore his father, who organized for many idols to their sucess. However, as an adopted son, after his father's death, he must fight for the inhertance with another daughter and possible heir. The one discovered X, Y and Z's talent. Very ambition, and even cruel sometime.

- O: W's adopted little sister, and his enemy in the war for the enterprise. Used to possess a little infactuation for W, but they soon seperated. Y's old friend - could be said they are sisters. An Idol herself.

Basic Plot:

- The discovery of X, Y and Z's talent, one years before the story.

- Training. Because W have no idea how did his father do this, he imposed his own strict regiment. A boot camp, in which the girls were seperated from their families and taught everything to be idols.

- Starting competition. The group joined a singing competition. The last battle is between X-Y-Z and O, with the three girls won it, but O got the fan's choice.

- The war. W manipulate everyone, even O, with their mind (greed, ambition,...) and their bodies.

- The revelation. W find out more about his father. Crack down, with the climay as W ending his ambition plan.

- Recovering, Re-meeting and Re-loving.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:02   Link #50372
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Fire its a reasonable basis, just no place in my work. Mine's a rather light-hearted piece and you guys are masters of grimdark anyway.

Whatever I touch seems to turn into crack so I'm really bad at writing dark stuff.

Quote:
I want to just thro away all my past notes on cosmic and stratos... I just can't imagine a successful meld of IS nd cosmic energy.
How about this: Cosmic energy is absorbed by IS cores for use in its various functions and Astroswitches are essentially Capacitors of cosmic energy that can release them into a core at very high bursts, granting immense power for a short period of time.

*is silenced by Kougami Industries assassins for leaking classified information*
Old 2014-01-28, 03:04   Link #50373
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was just leaning into that idea but it contradicts a plot device I actually want to put into play. Namely Tabane denying cosmic energy. Because Cosmic energy runs on human bonds. Something Tabane believes is complete and utter bull. Also, she tried to use cosmic energy but found it not enough to run her IS.

I was thinking of mass producing Fourze belts or something

Zodiarts like switches are kind of stand alone last resort equipment. The ones in the show kind of remind me of self-destruct switches anyway.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:04   Link #50374
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Note: W is 18 during the prologue, and X, Y, Z, O are 16.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:44   Link #50375
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I was just leaning into that idea but it contradicts a plot device I actually want to put into play. Namely Tabane denying cosmic energy. Because Cosmic energy runs on human bonds. Something Tabane believes is complete and utter bull. Also, she tried to use cosmic energy but found it not enough to run her IS.

I was thinking of mass producing Fourze belts or something

Zodiarts like switches are kind of stand alone last resort equipment. The ones in the show kind of remind me of self-destruct switches anyway.
Why not? She's in space, possibly emitting a field around Earth that is blocking out cosmic energy. Meanwhile, only IS she made is fed cosmic energy via the IS Network.

Then maybe the Astroswitches are the ones that are converting kizuna into chikara, since they only can be activated by a friendship and power increases the deeper the bond.

Wait, this sounds like P4. IS THAT WHY YOU WERE SO KEEN ON NANAKO?!

ONORE DEMINO!!

(In before each switch yielding the power of a demigod.)

Come to think of it, I haven't bothered with explaining the Fourze STR@TOBiKE. As a tech demo of the STR@TOBiKE's possibilities, each bike testing different ways at bending how the world thought about IS.

The first model was built to emulate/transform into all leading models of MPIS via the use of StratoCards. This is the power of SHOOTiNG ST@R Dieci, Katsuragi Kei.

The 2nd model takes that further by storing enormous data in memory sticks, and is a 2-in-1 model that combines into a large potent machine. The SHOOTiNG ST@R is aptly named Double, and is piloted by twins Agne and Monique.

The 3rd model was based off silicon chips created when Thai zoologists fed animal DNA into an IS core in attempt to create a revolutionary means of monitoring wildlife. It ends up in the hands of an orphan named Chalani who is able to call upon the genetic power in the chips when used in combos of three. Likewise, her stage name is SHOOTiNG ST@R OOO.

And so, after pushing technological boundaries in the other ways, the 4th model was made a direct challenge to Dunois versatility. Essentially, an IS with FORTY BUS slots. Each Equalizer is stored in small plug-and-play modules. Up to 4 can be activated at once. Currently in the process of trying to make the price point cheaper. Meanwhile, the unit-of-the-line is piloted by Kougami Tsubomi/SHOOTiNG ST@R Fourze.

As a side note, the 5th model was made by Tabane tinkering around with a magical girl concept. Which is to be expected considering that she is Tabane...

But the 6th model...uses what?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Note: W is 18 during the prologue, and X, Y, Z, O are 16.
Sounds good. Although, it does sound like you took the iM@S Relations manga and turned it into a WUG! manga.
Old 2014-01-28, 04:16   Link #50376
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I count Tabane as the type of person who... doesn't like kizuna Remember that she's a sociopathic hermit with a exact selectivity when showing civility.

She believes in cold fusion, she believes in baryonic decay, she even believes in pair annihilation. Out of her analysis, Cosmic energy amounts only to... Entropy realigned into usable energy. She is well and capable of creating things using and compatible with cosmic energy, but due to her... uh... social disposition, the results are more than usually less than stellar

I think I'll still keep the whole concept of clearance with the presenter though. It makes for that really awkward hax moment.

Oddly enough, the bad guy basically formed thousands of "holes" around the earth. It siphons cosmic energy from other universes into the IS-verse. This is to prove Tabane wrong by using the cosmic energy to advance his research.

PS: I'm still finishing the Answer but I must stake a partial claim on that loli!
Old 2014-01-28, 04:19   Link #50377
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What the heck is WUG?

Oh great, stucking in my fatherland - A.K.A a village in the middle of an agriculture delta - with only my 2G phone. Now I couldn't continue writing.

Hmm...Anyone have original idea about mass-production 2nd IS?
Old 2014-01-28, 04:23   Link #50378
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm...A funny idea: Tabane made IS, so she must be a support of Feminism, right? But if she also support the idea of Ichika having a Harem, as long as Houki is the main girl, then would she promote Menism?
Old 2014-01-28, 04:23   Link #50379
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@demino: Can Astroswitches be used via equalizers?
Old 2014-01-28, 04:28   Link #50380
demino_hellsin
That one guy

they... need special ports. It was always like that in my conceptual design. Remember that they use different types of energy. The mechanism for how the cosmic energy becomes matter is kind of different too I think. Though I believe it all boils down to the same thing.

Modify existing atoms via rearrangement of subatomic particles. Creation of new matter. Alignment of atoms into proper shape and material as per data instructions.

Cosmic energy though is different. I would think that maybe in my fanon, cosmic energy tools are created similar to how gaia memories work. The information of what is being formed is being inscribed into the energy itself. There is no middleman to give orders to free form atoms.

02, you have given me one hell of a route to explore.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest