AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-19, 09:13   Link #7941
bakapervert
A pervert

Finally, the long awaited "The Talk". It really deserves the capital with how long the time it took to finally reach this point. Thought it's really suspect whether there really will be a talk seeing how mute Shiro is.
Old 2017-09-19, 09:20   Link #7942
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Bunch of perverts, those girls.
Better than being damsels in distress though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
did shiro talk with the others? I can't wait for the translation. thanks for the translation btw.
Shiro hasn't said anything yet. So far, on their side it's only Wrath who has been doing the talking - which was pretty much just to say "we're not your enemies, we're just here to talk". ie this chapter is just the warm-up for the discussion.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 10:21   Link #7943
kari-no-sugata II

The following sequence of events could quite possibly happen:

1) Shiro tells the reincarnators that her plan is to return everyone to Earth. She also confirms she can visit Earth.

2) Later the girls privately corner Shiro to make a demand - please bring us some fujoshi manga! Shiro folds under peer pressure.

3) Shiro teleports to Earth... only to realise she doesn't have any money. But, she doesn't want to steal/cheat...

4) Shiro visits D to beg for some money

5) Later, a VERY embarrassed Shiro buys a load of BL manga...
Old 2017-09-19, 16:09   Link #7944
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "304 – The reincarnators"

Fujoshi, scary. Pro-active fujoshi, even scarier.
Old 2017-09-19, 16:33   Link #7945
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

that world is in bad enough shape, no need to pile on. the girls need to be exterminate before the infection spreads.
Old 2017-09-19, 16:51   Link #7946
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that world is in bad enough shape, no need to pile on. the girls need to be exterminate before the infection spreads.
Fujoshi apocalypse?

Well, Shiro plans to return them to the Promised Land (Japan) in a year or so. Hopefully the world can survive until then.
Old 2017-09-19, 17:27   Link #7947
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Fujoshi apocalypse?

Well, Shiro plans to return them to the Promised Land (Japan) in a year or so. Hopefully the world can survive until then.
did she actually promise that?
Old 2017-09-19, 22:45   Link #7948
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

A year dealing with them...I guess this will be a very interesting year for Shiro and her friends xD
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 02:57   Link #7949
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
did she actually promise that?
Well, technically she hasn't but it would make sense. In "Oni 19" she told Sophia and Wrath that they can choose to live on this planet or on Earth. I don't see why she wouldn't be willing to make a similar offer to all the reincarnators (and rather, that was her plan all along).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
A year dealing with them...I guess this will be a very interesting year for Shiro and her friends xD
My guess is that in the short term Shiro will offer to let any reincarnators come with her to the demon territories (with the exception of Shun since he has the Hero title), but they can also go wherever they want.
Old 2017-09-20, 04:30   Link #7950
kari-no-sugata II

A thought on Sariel...

The Past Arc did a lot to explain Sariel. What it doesn't explain is why Sariel restored the Hero system after Shiro tried to remove it whenkilling Julius.

Looking at Sariel in the Past Arc, she is the sort of person to intervene to make things better in the short term even if it makes the overall situation worse in the long term. While Dustin would sacrifice the few in order to save the many, Sariel has would always do what she could to save anybody and everybody and wouldn't accept sacrificing others no matter what the cost (at least in the past).

So why did Sariel restore the Hero system? Wouldn't that be harmful to Ariel? Isn't that about the last thing she would do, going by her past self? Shiro at least interprets it as an "attack" on Ariel which is why she's so angry. I've always wondered if that's the only answer though - it's certainly not impossible that Shiro can make mistakes or be unaware of certain things.

Either Sariel has changed and is now willing to sacrifice people or Shiro's interpretation of Sariel's motives is wrong. If it's the latter then it means Sariel almost certainly had the intent of "saving" someone by doing that. For example, maybe there was some side-effect of removing the Hero system that Shiro wasn't aware of - if so, it would be most likely to affect Ariel (since she's the Demon King, which is tied to the Hero). It's not impossible that Sariel was actually trying to save Ariel rather than trying to harm her.
Old 2017-09-20, 04:56   Link #7951
Breimn

Well, there are boosts with the hero and maou title . Removing the maou title from Ariel forcibly while her soul is already unstable could definetly be a problem on her soul but i doubt Kumo didnt think this through. So she and Ariel were probably aware of it and didnt care as Ariel was already trying to sacrifice herself for Sariel.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 07:46   Link #7952
ooPeaToo

Cover of volume 7

Spoiler for Vol 7:
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 07:52   Link #7953
tsunade666

Shiro still arachne in vol 7? scythe? what!? shiro cool!
Old 2017-09-20, 07:54   Link #7954
Breimn

Oh, nice. She is using a scythe . And is Potimas attacking them again? From background it looks like they could have found one of Potimas's underground hangars so maybe this is when she evolves in LN?Or is he attacking a city?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 08:16   Link #7955
kari-no-sugata II

Mmm, I really like this image of Arachne Shiro. Way better than anything to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Shiro still arachne in vol 7? scythe? what!? shiro cool!
At the end of LN5 she had just become Arachne and she fought with an advanced robot/android controlled by Potimas, while saving Sophia. It was a close fight due to the anti-magic field. Maou shoujo Ariel turned up to save the day though. In LN6 Shiro thinks about how better to deal with the same situation happening again - her main idea is to give herself a permanent weapon by ripping off her own forelegs (and re-growing them of course). That effectively makes them fixed weapons so shouldn't be affected by the anti-magic field (or at least, that's the plan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Oh, nice. She is using a scythe . And is Potimas attacking them again? From background it looks like they could have found one of Potimas's underground hangars so maybe this is when she evolves in LN?Or is he attacking a city?
It's mentioned in the LN7 summary that she finds some ants underground and it's suggested there's combat between our protagonist and Potimas's weapons:
http://store.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/g/g321706000621/

PS Another thought on the current WN chapters: one thing I've noticed is that Shiro seems particularly positive about the people on her side. Obviously she cares about Ariel but she has positive things to say about Sophia, Mera and Wrath. It's not a big change but it's nice to see. Perhaps hinting that Shiro is more likely to stay rather than run away?
Old 2017-09-20, 09:48   Link #7956
kari-no-sugata II

New raw out.

Explanation begins... but it's slow to get going... because it's Shiro

Wakaba Hiiro mode activate!

But Shun turns up...
Old 2017-09-20, 11:45   Link #7957
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Don't let Shun close to my Waifu Ariel! I don't want anything bad to happen to her... ;-;
Old 2017-09-20, 11:47   Link #7958
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

I love the cover for the new volume of the LN! Looks so cool! And I guess things will only get weird...like that one time Vampire Girl said Wakaba Hiiro's name and didn't even realize it,maybe they will bring that up again at some point? (Plus Sensei knowing Wakaba died).
Old 2017-09-20, 15:52   Link #7959
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "305 - Reincarnator conference".

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-20, 19:38   Link #7960
tsunade666

shun go dumb/hero mode with sariel's influence but ended up as desert for shiro~tan.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation