AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 16:38   Link #261
G0sic
Overstating the

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Generally speaking, unless you're paying extra for a static IP or have a business class internet connection, you have a dynamic IP which means it can change whenever.
Hehe yeah, I do have a static IP. Which is why I had no clue what prevented me from connecting the other day. Thanks though.
G0sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:50   Link #262
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
My Share just exploded.

"SetNil error at 004F1E77. Access violation at address 7700CF2F in modeul 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0003FFA."

Endless popups of "Out of memory" errors on top of that.

Will pd do the same if 4.82gb of RAM get used out of 8gb in (Vista) Server 2008 x64 lol.
No. Share has always crashed for me after running for a long time, but I've never had PD crash on me. Your mileage may vary.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 14:49   Link #263
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Does anybody know if there can be posted requests on the flow? (PD's message system)
Old 2009-04-03, 11:34   Link #264
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
No. Share has always crashed for me after running for a long time, but I've never had PD crash on me. Your mileage may vary.
How long are we talking about here? Please state your OS and amount of RAM.
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 12:20   Link #265
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vide View Post
How long are we talking about here? Please state your OS and amount of RAM.
I was running Share on a windows XP box with 2 GB of ram... It would crash with memory errors after around 24-48 hours.

I've run perfect dark for 3-4 days on vista with 4 GB of ram with no incidents. Actually, I don't think I've ever had perfect dark crash on me.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-04-03, 13:10   Link #266
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I was running Share on a windows XP box with 2 GB of ram... It would crash with memory errors after around 24-48 hours.

I've run perfect dark for 3-4 days on vista with 4 GB of ram with no incidents. Actually, I don't think I've ever had perfect dark crash on me.
That is quite odd. Here is my Share after 9 days running, (picture link). This is on Windows XP 64-bit with 8 GB RAM, and with no page file. Share has never crashed for me, but I have experienced "Range check" errors (or something similar, can't remember of the top of my head). They tend to only show up when switching between tabs though, but very rarely. I restart Share to make them go away, but it works fine even with them, just have to click OK as you keep switching tabs.

perfect dark has never crashed for me either and seems quite stable. It has also been running 9 days now. My last restart was 9 days ago, I've had both Share and perfect dark running for longer times than that in the past.

Can't really say for sure what would be causing the crashes, but I have been running Share on Windows XP 32-bit in the past with 4 GB RAM, and no crashes there either. I tend to turn the page file off though, not sure if that might have something to do with it.
Old 2009-04-03, 22:35   Link #267
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
That is quite odd. Here is my Share after 9 days running, (picture link). This is on Windows XP 64-bit with 8 GB RAM, and with no page file. Share has never crashed for me, but I have experienced "Range check" errors (or something similar, can't remember of the top of my head). They tend to only show up when switching between tabs though, but very rarely. I restart Share to make them go away, but it works fine even with them, just have to click OK as you keep switching tabs.

perfect dark has never crashed for me either and seems quite stable. It has also been running 9 days now. My last restart was 9 days ago, I've had both Share and perfect dark running for longer times than that in the past.

Can't really say for sure what would be causing the crashes, but I have been running Share on Windows XP 32-bit in the past with 4 GB RAM, and no crashes there either. I tend to turn the page file off though, not sure if that might have something to do with it.
Well, I don't even have share installed on this computer so I don't really care much anymore . I was just saying that Share would occaisionally crash while PD really never crashes ever.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-04-03, 23:03   Link #268
neothe0ne

Well, I started with using pd mainly but I'm moving back toward Share since I care more about new things than filling in the blanks at the moment.

Although maybe switching to torrents is the way to be "new" now, since "Komoe" keeps uploading DVDISO's on TT (some before they even show up on Share).
Old 2009-04-03, 23:06   Link #269
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Well, I started with using pd mainly but I'm moving back toward Share since I care more about new things than filling in the blanks at the moment.

Although maybe switching to torrents is the way to be "new" now, since "Komoe" keeps uploading DVDISO's on TT (some before they even show up on Share).
I'm Komoe actually. Was a away for quite some time, so somebody else decided to register my old nick on Rizon. Just send me a msg if you want verification.

All the DVDISOs are from Share actually, I just have solid triggers set up so they start download as soon as they are available.

I've noticed that perfect dark is mostly for HD content, while Share is still the main source of various other things, including DVDISOs.
Old 2009-04-04, 05:52   Link #270
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
(slightly offtopic)
9 days? pfffft
Code:
USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU WHAT
fluff    pts/1    xx-xxx-xx-xx:S.1 17May08 17:08  46:53m 46:53m rtorrent
(note the login time for that process; it is still running as we post)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 10:15   Link #271
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
(slightly offtopic)
9 days? pfffft
Code:
Having used rtorrent myself in the past I can't say I'm surprised. Running Windows now I can always find some strange reason to reboot. My record uptime is 5 months, but with some dedication and constant ignoring of security patches I'm sure I can go longer. Not sure if Share, perfect dark and µTorrent feels like hanging on for the ride though. I have my doubts.
Old 2009-04-04, 10:20   Link #272
comatose

In the past, I heard PD doesn't play well with WINE, so I didn't even bother trying. Surprisingly, it worked right away and with no tweaks when I actually tried (Fedora 8).

The thing is that Japanese shows up as blocks. It might have something to do with the fact I didn't "install" Japanese (I can't type Japanese), but it shows fine in Firefox.
I googled for installation instructions, but the only thing remotely useful that came up was an Ubuntu guide which is reliant on the Ubuntu repositories - in other words, useless.

So to summarize - does anybody know how to "install" Japanese on Fedora? Has anybody else had this problem before, and how did you solve it?

Thanks

edit: After further searching, it seems all I need is a Japanese UTF-8 font... but I'm not sure where to get one, or more importantly, how to install it ;| I'm also still stuck with getting Japanese input to work. My install doesn't seem to have IIIMF, and I can't find anything that even points you in the right direction.

Last edited by comatose; 2009-04-04 at 10:44.
comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 12:48   Link #273
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
perfect dark ... feels like hanging on for the ride though. I have my doubts.
I've had PD running under wine for three weeks non-stop without a single problem.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:05   Link #274
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I've had PD running under wine for three weeks non-stop without a single problem.
perfect dark stability is definitively one of its strong points compared to Share. I do wish more releases would start showing up on perfect dark sooner, but as a non-Japanese citizen I also have no qualms when it comes to using Share, even if it is "compromised".

But then again 98% of the people downloading DVDISO torrents have Japanese IPs, so I guess they don't care that much either. Or maybe the focus is on Winny/Share/perfect dark/Utatane and they feel that using torrents aren't that risky. Well, I don't know to be honest.

It also seems perfect dark development has stalled, unless I'm mistaken, so maybe that caused some to not switch. There are a couple of things I like better about Share, like triggers and plugins, both of which perfect dark lack to my knowledge.

Maybe another P2P application will come along eventually, else it seems like we'll be using Share for quite some time.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:08   Link #275
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
(slightly offtopic)
9 days? pfffft
Code:
That's impressive. Are you running that on a dedicated box with a UPS?
Old 2009-04-09, 05:53   Link #276
rainrix

Hello I want to know if i can set a limit to the upload rate because it's going to high for me, can we reduce upload rate without reducing the download rate?
rainrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 07:05   Link #277
jfs
Aegisub dev

PD (as well as Share and Winny) are all based on "one byte in, one byte out": Your download and upload rates can only be set symmetrically. Anything else would destroy the network, the idea is.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 07:14   Link #278
rainrix

The problem is that right now i'm uploading at 90 Kb/s while my download is 9 kb/s, pretty asymetrical don't you think. By the way ou can set your upload rate one edonkey and torrent clients, and the network ddin't die as far as i know.
rainrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:07   Link #279
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrix View Post
The problem is that right now i'm uploading at 90 Kb/s while my download is 9 kb/s, pretty asymetrical don't you think. By the way ou can set your upload rate one edonkey and torrent clients, and the network ddin't die as far as i know.
That's right, get angry! I'm sure the PD developers care...

If you don't like it, don't use it.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-04-09, 08:08   Link #280
jfs
Aegisub dev

Tell that to the Japanese. (Also, AFAIK, in Japan, symmetrical lines are the norm, rather than asymmetrical lines such as ADSL which are the norm in Europe and the US.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark