Old 2009-01-09, 23:22   Link #141
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

But Lancer is cool, too.
Old 2009-01-10, 01:56   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, I consider S&W one of the more mature series in my collection.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:32   Link #143
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

I just finished watching baccano which was animated by Brain's base and the animation was great. So i'm expecting the new season to have much better animation, although Bacanno! is probably more of an action anime than S&W i think the overall animation should improve despite the minor criticisms of the new character designs like Horo's ears and such.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:54   Link #144
bakaneko16
Hitagi Follower

second season? woah, thanks for the news

im really looking forward , and expecting haro and the merchant (forgots name*) to have more romance on their journey
Old 2009-01-28, 02:06   Link #145
Kaguya
an idler

The second season Episode 0 (It not be aired) is released as a privilege DVD of a visual novel.

"Dengekibunko visual novel Wolf and the golden ear of wheat"
Contents: Short novel & color illustration
Release date: April 30
Price: Undecidedness
Appendix DVD
TV anime "Spices and Wolf" second season Episode 0 "Wolf and Amber Melancholy" (about 24 minutes)

We can see Nora again.

I am anxious about the sentence "Episode 0 is released in advance of a second season" in the news.
The second season may be the July start.

-----------------------------

It was announced officially that 2nd season is started in summer.
So,
April 30: Episode 0,
July :Episode 1 -

Last edited by Kaguya; 2009-02-06 at 15:11. Reason: There was an official announcement.
Old 2009-02-10, 10:15   Link #146
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Not sure if this has been posted already..

Spoiler for Season 2 character design:

I'm glad that this series still maintained the original character design despite of the studio changing from Imagin to Brain Base.I thought it will become like Minami Ke...but looking at the character design,guess i don't need to worry that much anymore.

And i wonder who's that 2 new characters under Horo and Lawrence..i'm sure they didn't appear in s1.

And lastly
Spoiler for Spice and Wolf new year wallpaper:
Old 2009-02-10, 11:18   Link #147
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already..

Spoiler for Season 2 character design:

I'm glad that this series still maintained the original character design despite of the studio changing from Imagin to Brain Base.I thought it will become like Minami Ke...but looking at the character design,guess i don't need to worry that much anymore.

And i wonder who's that 2 new characters under Horo and Lawrence..i'm sure they didn't appear in s1.

And lastly
Spoiler for Spice and Wolf new year wallpaper:
Those are characters from the third book, Amati being the young male one. I'd suggest reading the novel, Judge did a great job translating it and I'm sure the anime will cut things out that the novel had, like Lawrence's thought.

Also, I said it before and I'll say ot again: I don't like Horo's ears. They look strange, like they're off at a strange angle or something...
Old 2009-02-10, 13:57   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whoever is drawing the ears isn't doing their head anatomy work... the ears keep moving around the head in various pictures. When animated it probably won't be nearly as noticeable but in still drawings the sloppiness shows. Yeah, I hope those aren't really the technical model sheets.
Old 2009-02-10, 17:28   Link #149
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

They made the white tips of the ears bigger and gave it a kind of 'exploded' effect don't really like that and i think they also made the ears bigger than before maybe its just that i much prefer the light novel illustrations but i hope the animation is better.
I also think Lawrence's nose tip is higher here.
Old 2009-02-10, 20:11   Link #150
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The white tips of the ear seem more fluffy to me than before which isn't a huge gripe for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Whoever is drawing the ears isn't doing their head anatomy work... the ears keep moving around the head in various pictures.
Are you talking about the pictures posted above? If so I can't really tell. The only one I can see a noticable change is the bottom right image of Horo.
Old 2009-02-11, 02:36   Link #151
Kaguya
an idler

Episode 1 is premiered in the Hororon festival II on May 31.

Amati's seiyu is Saeko Chiba (Nina Einstein/Code Geass, Hayami senpai/Minami-ke, Dokuro-chan/Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan).
Her male role may be rare.

Spoiler for 2nd season artwork:
Old 2009-02-11, 05:03   Link #152
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Maybe I'm obsessing but the noses are putting me off especially the side views, they just look so big. They've also made the nose bridge straight rather than have the little curve that imagin had.
That season 2 advertisement makes me so excited i think i'm going to marathon the first season again.
Interesting that Amati will be voiced by Saeko Chiba, now we have three code geass seiyuus, even though i haven't read vol 3, guessing Amati's personality only by the character designs it seems like a good choice but i also haven't heard a lot of Saeko Chiba's work, anyone think this is a good match up?
Old 2009-02-11, 06:47   Link #153
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Horos ears... I don't like them more than noses... Heck they don't look like wolf ears at all, they look more like squirrel ears...
Old 2009-03-12, 08:52   Link #154
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

http://www.spicy-wolf.com/top.html

Wow...what a new design for Horo, lol.
Old 2009-03-12, 15:18   Link #155
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the new designs like most of you guys are. Although I like Brains Base, I wonder why they decided to switch studios anyway. I wonder if there was some sort of problem or something.

And that Blue ray box set, I'd think about getting that instead of the regular DVDs if I knew they were a lot better. (And of course if I found one at a cheaper price) I downloaded some episodes of the Blue Ray version to try and compare them. But if someone has already been through this, if they could tell me if it's much better and thus worth the extra money. Is there any extra scenes or material? Or is it only higher picture quality?
Old 2009-03-12, 15:26   Link #156
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
http://www.spicy-wolf.com/top.html

Wow...what a new design for Horo, lol.
The only thing that really got me worked up in that picture was her face. Something just seemed off.
Old 2009-03-12, 16:30   Link #157
Cinocard

The whole thing is off. Her facial expression is off (especially the mouth). Even the clothing color and style are off. Horo definitely should have a more witted, mature face, and so do her clothes.

Now she looks like a blank-head-seventeen-chick.

And if she went *moe* *moe* now .....
Old 2009-03-12, 16:43   Link #158
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah. Now she looks rather plain moe. On the bright side - at least her ears do not look as atrocious as before.
Old 2009-03-12, 17:20   Link #159
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Yep. I'm thinking it just looks...off as well. But what will really pull it off, if all goes well, is the way the artwork and characters will look as well. Symmetry can do funny things to ones imagination. Also, how well Ami Koshimizu can pull off the slight changes to fit the character in her voice, while not losing that feeling we all fell in love with when listening to Horo tease Lawrence for the first time
Old 2009-03-15, 00:11   Link #160
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Also, how well Ami Koshimizu can pull off the slight changes to fit the character in her voice, while not losing that feeling we all fell in love with when listening to Horo tease Lawrence for the first time
Just to clarify, but not to be spoiled, are you talking about development on Horo's part in the novels warranting a need to change how Horo is voiced?
Closed Thread