AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-04, 10:36   Link #61
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
^That was chapter 45... Although it didn't have anything to do with babies.
no it's in further chapter 67 ^^ but in raw form so I's not accurate... but knowing little about hiragana I could say that there was mentioned about makeing a child (it was "ko-do-mo" and that means kid,baby,child) by shinobu ^^ still I dont know why she wants that buy I assume that she thinks it would be the best birthday present for her mom ;] (a grandson/daughter).....but well will wait for future tranlsation to be sure ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 02:53   Link #62
Solafighter
Hige

For all those, who didnt/dont notice, scanlations till chapter 49 are aviavble and the scanlation team is translating with fullspeed.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:44   Link #63
zibi88

heh chapter 50 has been released today.... hmmm and now I'm starting to wonder if Misaki (Ikuto's sister) is his blood-releated sister or is she adopted/half-sister/ or step sister ^^

Since it's kinda strange that Misaki wanted to go on a date with her own brother to tell him something...... and what it turned out that they went on a date and at the end she said that they are not blood releated ! ^^ and all those skin-ship from her side and blushing could mean that she has a crush on Ikuto [heh brother complex...]

So maybe in future (since till ch82 current chapter nothing happened in this dirrection) it happens that Misaki ended up on the island too... while she was looking for Ikuto..... she would tell him what she wanted to tell him on the date that they were supposed to go....(onii-chan did you know that we are not blood releated.... Ikuto=> WHAT !!!? xD ) that kind of thing would trigger mega jelousy on the island and war over Ikuto would start ;]

Well in the anime (that ended in last year) the letter that Ikuto throwed (in the manga he throwed it too) somehow ended up in Misakis hands and she went to search for her brother.... well it ended up kinda crappy situation (I didnt liked the ending at all....) but maybe they will use in manga the opposite....so misaki lands on the island too XDXD hope so it would be itneresting and that could be a reason why not to stay on the island and forget about liveing (since his sister is safe with him)

Time will show.....but kinda I would be glad if the author could move some development ^^
Old 2009-02-23, 22:10   Link #64
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

While not as bad as Hayate the Combat Butler (although some may viciously disagree with me at the very idea), but is it just me, or are there starting to be signs that the author is starting to write/draw himself into a corner? I mean, the part about
Spoiler for Nagasarete Airantou Ch 75-ish:
was an interesting backstory and foreshadowing and all, but still...little less in-between side-character fanservice/ship tease and a little more actual story (or what counts as a story) development please?

I second zibi88's comment about throwing Misaki into the mix, not so much as a third party, but as a driving force to push Ikuto into having to make the inevitable choice: Stay on the island, or leave? (although I'll admit I am a bit interested in seeing more of her character)
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 00:46   Link #65
passin'gass
Cropduster

Was it ever mentioned, on average, how many people get washed ashore in the 120+ years of Airantou's history?

Was "50 chapters already" really mentioned by obaa-san? Haha NO-BALLS Ikuto, how accurate!

The islanders are well versed in drugs and chemicals, aren't they? Just slip him a date-rape err morality-loosening drug and get it over with! Erase his short term memory too, he won't know what happened for another 50 chapters or so (3 months) right?
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 09:44   Link #66
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I really enjoy reading this manga, but no word on any US publishers picking this one up that I've seen. Not sure I'd still buy it though. I've found that most US publishers alter mangas too much for my tastes. All, but the DELRAY publisher. They even use the honorifics. They publish NEGIMA! with no major changes.
I like how the manga story moves better then the anime. Shinobu's inclusion in the manga is very adorable.
Old 2009-02-27, 09:48   Link #67
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Someone can tell me if the manga keep after the anime ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 12:32   Link #68
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Someone can tell me if the manga keep after the anime ?
Manga is way different comapred to anime.... so dont compare them....
Old 2009-02-27, 14:34   Link #69
ReddyRedWolf

Shinobu is cute. Her joining the game just to get a pat at the head makes me think she is seeking a father figure of sorts.

The girls at one time or another must remember their fathers or boys around their age before they disappeared.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 17:41   Link #70
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The men disappeared like 10 years ago, so only older girls like Machi and Ayane would remember with some degree of clarity what it was like. Shinobu would've been four.
Old 2009-04-13, 08:51   Link #71
zibi88

Ehh I wonder when in the manga we will see some serious development ^^ there are 83chapters (54were translated so far) and till that time nothing serious happens besides Suzu slowly showing signs of jelousy over Ikuto (she is more aware of other girls [example in c83 Rin was standing close to Ikuto and put her arm on Ikutos shoulder....Suzu saw that and she jumped between them xD )

Anwyay I hope that something big will happen.... I would love to see Misaki (ikuto's sister) going to the island or at least a letter from her drifing to the island and reaches Ikuto (like in anime saying that she will try and find him or something) and so she would come to the island

I'm very currious about Misaki...and what she said in ch50...... dont know but I have a feeling that she and Ikuto are not blood related and so she wanted to say this to him.... and the date thing is becouse she loves him....and well if they are not blood related than there is no problem to be a couple..... maybe she was adopted or something since Ikuto is 14years old (and was born in february) while Misaki like Ikuto mentioned in next month was about to have birthday in may and end so she would be 14years old.... so she must be adopted of from different mother.... ehhh want to know more about what she meant (I assume she wanted to say that she loves him not as a brother but as a buy ^^ )

anyway that guy that brought that mediccase.... his scar is VERY similar to the one that Suzu's dad had (around c75 there is a story of suzu's parents and how they met.... and welll her father had the same scar position)

well there is a possibility that its him... since all men driffted away 10years ago... so if misaki gets the message and that guy is Suzu's father than he mostly will say to misaki where ikuto is.... so there is a possibility that misaki would come to the island (but first a letter would be nice)

I hope for the story to move on according misaki ^^ (all that ikuto need on the island is misaki I suppose....since mostly she is for ikuto the only family [iktuo hates his father after all... and he was the purpose ikuto run away from home] )
Old 2009-04-13, 17:43   Link #72
Solafighter
Hige

Well yeah im following this manga with much exciting as well and waiting so hard for some good developments.

Hope to see them very soon but well, lets see.
Old 2009-04-13, 23:39   Link #73
Johnny
Working the bags...

The girls fighting and trying to get one up amongst each other is the reason I read it. I kinda lost interest in Ikuto after they kept using the nosebleed gag. The first few volumes I can see, and I can let another few go by. But were into 14+ volumes and their still kicking the dead horse. However, I'll let ch 84 's nosebleed slide...money shot!!!
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:44   Link #74
TechnoToy

Does the manga go past the anime?
TechnoToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:05   Link #75
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoToy View Post
Does the manga go past the anime?
The anime after the half maybe little more stopped to stick to manga and had its own development and ending (like misakis letter ect.) while manga still continues.... with little suzu emotion development :P
Old 2009-04-14, 00:24   Link #76
Quorum

Nah Ikto simply has the ideologic "guy needs to protect girl" and so he doesnt like if someone is doing bad things to others...
Quorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 01:08   Link #77
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorum View Post
Nah Ikto simply has the ideologic "guy needs to protect girl" and so he doesnt like if someone is doing bad things to others...
Ehh I relooked new ch84 and man I kinda think that the mangaka doesnt have any idea how to push the story further.... well this manga is kinda a gag manga but well there is no plot to it..... maybe the biggest plot development would be

1) Drifted letter from Misaki to Ikuto
2) Misaki herself drifted to the island after getting Ikuto's letter she went on a jurney to find him but ended up just like Ikuto on the airan island (here she could finish what she wanted to say from ch50 about keeping that promise thing)

3) Ikuto stopped nose bleed every time he sees more skin on the girls.....(ehh I dont understand him... if the girls have no objections to make Ikuto see them naked or stuff he should accept that thing like a men and not faint after huge nose bleed (since that shows how not matured he is)... I kinda understand that different cultures but he has to accept this culture here since he is stuck on the island)

4) Ikuto finaly growing his brain... and started to understand the girls a little (sinec Ikuto has no balls now...to even notice a thing... not mentioning doing something)

5) Ikuto finally started to take normal baths with Suzu (ehh why is she not threatening him.... like no bath together no food XD <-- that worked good in 1chapter)

6) Ikuto finally marry Suzu or at least sleep in the same futon.... anyway finaly love blooming between them (or other girl) but it must be 2sided...

Well long to write but something huge has to happen since lately it started to be less interesting since nothing big happens on the island and between Ikuto and Suzu
Old 2009-04-14, 02:59   Link #78
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Ehh I relooked new ch84 and man I kinda think that the mangaka doesnt have any idea how to push the story further.... well this manga is kinda a gag manga but well there is no plot to it..... maybe the biggest plot development would be
Sometimes I compare this series with Hayate no Gotoku, and given the fact that there's been some plot development in recent chapters of Hayate, Nagasarete is losing ground...fast

But just to be fair, Nagasarete Airantou did do the mini arc regarding Suzu's parents when they were younger. What exactly does that have to do with the main plot is something that's beyond me though.
Old 2009-04-14, 03:36   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Lol, sorry, not to be rude but I can't help but laugh when people keep asking "where's the plot" in manga like this. Manga like this don't have plots; they're not supposed to, lol. It's an episodic comedy manga, that's all. You're looking for rivers in the desert; you'll find the occasional plot in your straight-comedy manga/anime, but not often. Hayate no Gotoku doesn't have a plot. Lucky Star didn't have a plot. Nogizaka Haruka didn't have a plot, and it porbably still won't in the upcoming season 2. That's just the way it works in Japan. They're making manga for Japanese readers, after all, not U.S. readers.
Old 2009-04-14, 17:39   Link #80
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, sorry, not to be rude but I can't help but laugh when people keep asking "where's the plot" in manga like this. Manga like this don't have plots; they're not supposed to, lol. It's an episodic comedy manga, that's all. You're looking for rivers in the desert; you'll find the occasional plot in your straight-comedy manga/anime, but not often. Hayate no Gotoku doesn't have a plot. Lucky Star didn't have a plot. Nogizaka Haruka didn't have a plot, and it porbably still won't in the upcoming season 2. That's just the way it works in Japan. They're making manga for Japanese readers, after all, not U.S. readers.
Oh geez...

If the series established itself from the very beginning as an episodic comedy series, then there wouldn't be any complaints. But since it decided to introduce the romance element to the series, it created this sense of expectation that the author's going to resolve that somehow. Nobody's (except maybe some trolls) going to be happy if the author just simply went "Romance? Nah, it was just there for the lulz"

Can't say much about Nogizaka Haruka, but I don't think anybody was expecting anything from Lucky Star, simply because it's 4-koma. If it wraps itself up quite nicely in the end, it'd be a pleasant surprise to everyone. Hayate no Gotoku, on the other hand, very much does have a plot that's (loosely) holding everything in place. Sure it might be going all over the place with it, but there's at least some noticeable character development as the series progresses on, and the love polygon isn't exactly something to blow off either

If the series has some really obvious UST, then if nothing else, that by itself is the plot.

Tags
romance, shounen