AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-16, 09:59   Link #921
tsunade666

I'm not sure but I think I read it somewhere here that. The wings are related to one's awakening but after reading the part about accelerator and kakine. I doubt that mikoto did awaken with wings are supposedly those 2 being special. BUT if its really the AWAKENING then the level 5's have the potential to awaken their wings like the 2.
Old 2009-11-16, 12:04   Link #922
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
I don't know if she "awakened", but she gained/make some sort of (electric) wings:

Spoiler for Wings for Mikoto:
..............okay, I'm seriously out of the loop here.

Just WHAT the heck is going on, now?

And it looks like the Railgun-yuri fans just got some jet fuel..........
Old 2009-11-16, 13:01   Link #923
Miraluka
Banned

I don't know but I remember that scene from the 7/8 part of Railgun mininovel.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:31   Link #924
LockeManuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't know but I remember that scene from the 7/8 part of Railgun mininovel.
Yes, it's the 7th part.
In the 8th there's winged Mikoto with a coin in her hand (and she shoot it).

In another minipart there's Saten in swimsuit (and other thing) watching the sky (and some.. F-22 Raptor passing by?)

Maybe there're other scan in mininovels n°1-2-3... but I have to find them.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:27   Link #925
Ashaman

What is 'Awakening'.
I've heard about it, but i've never seen an explanation for it.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:03   Link #926
LastResolve

these wings resemble people that have similiarities to these 3 gods?
Old 2009-11-16, 15:04   Link #927
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Has Mikoto awakened or not? I heard she did in some side novel or something when Kuroko was in danger.
She hasn't.
Spoiler for special ln:

On a separate note, with regards to both that information from vol 19
Spoiler for future events:
Old 2009-11-16, 15:28   Link #928
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
She hasn't.
Spoiler for special ln:

On a separate note, with regards to both that information from vol 19
Spoiler for future events:
Maybe but I'm seeing the missing Full Tunning for a future to fit this role, some reason have to be her existence.
Old 2009-11-16, 18:09   Link #929
EvilSamurai

question, if you guys can read the novels when they are not in English yet... why haven't you tried translating small portions at a time and posting them? Maybe a page a week or two so that those of us who cant read anything but English won't get more and more depressed from being unable to read them.
(translation question: is it really that hard to translate a page every week (about 4 or 5 sentences a day) , and is anyone going to translate the novels before number 12?)
**this post was NOT made in a whining tone**
Old 2009-11-16, 18:41   Link #930
LaoED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
question, if you guys can read the novels when they are not in English yet... why haven't you tried translating small portions at a time and posting them? Maybe a page a week or two so that those of us who cant read anything but English won't get more and more depressed from being unable to read them.
(translation question: is it really that hard to translate a page every week (about 4 or 5 sentences a day) , and is anyone going to translate the novels before number 12?)
I pretty much agree with this. Would be a lot faster. Ahaha, a picture of Takasugi right under the user EvilSamurai!

Last edited by LaoED; 2009-11-16 at 18:41. Reason: GINTAMA SUPPORT!!
Old 2009-11-17, 02:37   Link #931
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
I don't know if she "awakened", but she gained/make some sort of (electric) wings:

Spoiler for Wings for Mikoto:
In before the V-Gundam/Voiture Lumire exclamations.
Old 2009-11-17, 03:23   Link #932
Rava

Quote:
Yes, it really is THAT hard to actually translate directly. Either your brain is wired that way (which makes it easy) or it is not (which means you understand but it is a royal pain to explain).

No offense, but if someone has to ask "Is it really that hard" the answer is always

YES.

If it wasn't that hard, Engrish would not exist.
Old 2009-11-17, 03:23   Link #933
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Bata-Tsuki is translating the novels.
Also, translating from Japanesse to English ain't as simple as it looks, especially not with novels filled with technical terms like Index.

For those who read the novels, summarizing and answering questions is light years simpler and less exausting then translating. And a lot of people here are thankful that someone is willing to answer our questions.
Old 2009-11-17, 03:52   Link #934
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Personally, in my case. I just want to say..... I am actually NOT good at English. I have declined a number of offers to join translation team because of that (well technically, I do have one translation project in hand, but that is more than enough workload, and it is not even a continous project). And most importantly; when you are translating things, you really don't want to read it if there is no editor to proof read it first.

Quote:
I thought the name was Ourrelius bad reading
Nah, it is just there are alot of ways to romanize a same term. So there is really nothing to worry about when you rmonaize something differently than someone else.

Quote:
Maybe but I'm seeing the missing Full Tunning for a future to fit this role, some reason have to be her existence.
This one I agree. But I expect Mikoto to be on Alister's black list.
I would much prefer things to occur this way: LO's brain burns out->Alister boot up Full Tuning and it turns out to be a perfect clone of Mikoto-> So the original is useless and must die
Then:
Mikoto found out about LO->Further blames Accelerator for making her Sisters' lives miserable->Mikoto get into a quarrel with Accelerator over the custody of LO->Alister's assasin arrives->Mikoto and Accelerator establish an alliance against Alister.

In this way, Full Tuning gets a reason to exist and give an oppertunity to resolve the grudge Mikoto has against Accelerator for killing over then thousand copies of her.

Last edited by shmaster; 2009-11-17 at 22:52.
Old 2009-11-17, 04:06   Link #935
tsunade666

Quote:
Its hard very very hard. Specially Index. SB also said that Index is like a translators nightmare. With all the science and magical terms and the way some characters speak. Its like a living hell for translators. Just imagine translating what accelerator would say that will make it more understanding for those who can't read japs and like imouto and LO. And those magical arsenals......

well its not like its been taken as a offensive sentence but its just that its always been taken like that way when someone ask for translating a novel

and it also reminds me. While I'm in B-T forum. I can't find the part for Index. Its not even minor or anything.

Good luck to the next translation .......

EDIT:

I kinda agree with last tuning. Because uptill not theirs still no info about her right? Like I only know that she's with frog face? right? or is it komoe?,,,,,,,,, not sure though but I think its with frog face.

But for mikoto and accelerator to have an alliance then that's a thing to behold. But for that to happen. Mikoto should also go to russia for a climax battle or unless it will still drag on for more battles. Which I hope. and also what happen to Aiwas? is he still in academy city? and is their even a picture for Aiwas?
Old 2009-11-17, 04:11   Link #936
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
and it also reminds me. While I'm in B-T forum. I can't find the part for Index. Its not even minor or anything.
Index tread on BT forums
Old 2009-11-17, 05:32   Link #937
tsunade666

Thanks so its one of the minor projects or is it even considered minor? like minor minor?
Old 2009-11-17, 08:28   Link #938
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its hard very very hard. Specially Index. SB also said that Index is like a translators nightmare. With all the science and magical terms and the way some characters speak. Its like a living hell for translators. Just imagine translating what accelerator would say that will make it more understanding for those who can't read japs and like imouto and LO. And those magical arsenals......
Just like Sayonara Zetsubou sensei for the fansubs XP

Quote:
But for mikoto and accelerator to have an alliance then that's a thing to behold. But for that to happen. Mikoto should also go to russia for a climax battle or unless it will still drag on for more battles. Which I hope. and also what happen to Aiwas? is he still in academy city? and is their even a picture for Aiwas?
In that way is not necessary it can be a only science side story like vol.15
Old 2009-11-18, 07:27   Link #939
tsunade666

what did happen in vol 15 for it to become like it? If I remember vol 15 is a royal rumble in esper side and a bloody one by accelerator and kakine.

but zetsubo sensei has been sub by the all so mighty GG subs. So its no prob for me. I love their subs.

and while talking about accelerator I found this one funny.

Spoiler for accelerators correct way to use redirection:
Old 2009-11-18, 08:13   Link #940
LastResolve

Quote:
they still take a shitload of time to translate i mean come on the raw manga's are till 28 and the translated are barely at 22 and its a monthly manga

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen