Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 23:51   Link #61
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Gah, you Wing shippers and your crazy terminology. You made me waste a whole minute trying to figure out your pairing codes.
Indeed, what's the point of it.

Quote:
Yeah, the pairing codes are really messy. There's also the 3xC (Trowa/Catherine) pairing which as later proven to be incestuous and invalid.
About this, besides her calling herself his big sister when he was going through amnesia, where was it said they were actual brother and sister? Was it in one of the manga?

Last edited by Sanger Zonvolt; 2010-04-28 at 00:08.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 02:12   Link #62
wingzerosnuggles

The main point of it was the fact that most of the names in GW have numerical meanings (e. g. Quatre is obviously 4 in French, the Wu in Wufei is 5 in Chinese, etc.). Not sure is it was the Japanese fans or the Western ones who created the system though. xD All I know is it's been around for ages. Since the fandom started, I think.

3xC is incest as proven in the Episode Zero manga. Also, in the Endless Waltz novelization, Cathy notices scars on Trowa's back, scars he's had for as long as he can remember and are implied to be from the accident when he was a baby and got separated from his family. Then it's heavily implied that accident as the same one where Cathy lost her brother, Triton Bloom. There's also the numerical link since both Trowa and Triton equate to three in name meaning. They're biologically brother and sister but don't know it and probably never will.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 15:03   Link #63
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Yeah, I figured them out those three after a minute, I should have been a bit more clear. The code isn't too hard to break, and at least those pairing names make a little more sense than RoyxHawkeye -> RoyxEye -> Royai (at least I think that's how they got Royai) At first I thought Royai was people fanGurling for Roy real hard.
I know this is the wrong thread to talk about that but Royai actually does make sense if you take into account that "ai" is the romanization of "eye".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
The main point of it was the fact that most of the names in GW have numerical meanings (e. g. Quatre is obviously 4 in French, the Wu in Wufei is 5 in Chinese, etc.). Not sure is it was the Japanese fans or the Western ones who created the system though. xD All I know is it's been around for ages. Since the fandom started, I think.

3xC is incest as proven in the Episode Zero manga. Also, in the Endless Waltz novelization, Cathy notices scars on Trowa's back, scars he's had for as long as he can remember and are implied to be from the accident when he was a baby and got separated from his family. Then it's heavily implied that accident as the same one where Cathy lost her brother, Triton Bloom. There's also the numerical link since both Trowa and Triton equate to three in name meaning. They're biologically brother and sister but don't know it and probably never will.
Thanks to the whole brother-sister revelation I have weird White-day fan comic ideas for them...
Well, in my lexicon shipping is not always about romance. That's strange, coming out from a lunatic shipper like me...

@wingzerosnuggles:
Let's talk over YM/MSN~Is it okay that I PM you?

And I would like to apologize for starting all the wing pairing codes again...Sorry...
Old 2010-05-01, 16:06   Link #64
wingzerosnuggles

@dec4rhapsody Added you! I ship Trowa with Middie from Episode Zero or I leave him single. I mean, come on...not really plausible that all seven dudes (Zechs/Noin and TreizeUne included) end up neatly paired up and blissfully happy. Though I hear Trowa/Une is a pretty popular alternative pairing.

I've added you. Hope we can chat soon! Time zones are troublesome.

And random shippiness since I love Quatre/Dorothy. I made two AMVs with some manipulated footage of them.

I'm particularly proud of how I took this:

And this:

To make this:

And here's the final vidlet using Ke$ha's Disgusting:

Plus another one featuring a cover of Bad Romance. The first scene here is the manipulated one:

If canon won't give me what I want, screw it and let's make shit up. xD

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-05-01 at 16:16.
Old 2010-05-01, 19:20   Link #65
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

@wingzerosnuggles
I will get definitely on YM if my headache gets better, sigh, insomnia is killing me.

Sony Vegas is just evil...
I switched from Premiere Pro CS3 to Sony Vegas 6, and...well, it just hates me.
Aaargh I wish that I could draw and make doujinshi (obsessed).
I am currently working on a Hokuto Musou MAD using Northern Cross from Macross F, will finish a Gundam 00 X YUI Again and upload it to nico when I have time afterwards.

Back to Wing...Forgive me that I totally forget the existence of Treize sometimes...
How could I?

As for TrowaXCatherine, I loled how fast he switched from "sister" to "Catherine" once he retrieved his memories, so I can't have enough 3->C angst in that aspect (with Catherine seeing him as no more than her brother or brother surrogate).

I also like HeeroXRelena, though not as much as DuoXHilde or ZechsXNoin and regarding your post in the 00 romance thread...well, I don't think SetsunaXMarina resemble them that much aside from the Terrorist & Pacifist Princess aspect. They may have started out as something alike, but IMO, Marina is too gentle (or weak) to be Relena and Setsuna...likes Gundam XD.
Old 2010-05-01, 19:36   Link #66
wingzerosnuggles

I'm using Sony Vegas 8 + New Blue FX. Extremely amateur though. I can't do the extreme trace around a character masking to save my life. xD Can't draw either. Wait, are you Japan-based?

Lol, Treize is made of awesome. But he sucks at the whole romance bit. Ok, bouquet of roses and calling Une "my love" is sweet and all but she's in a fricking coma and can't see or hear him. -_-

As for bro-sis, it might be the genetics that repels her from him. Watched a documentary saying most people are not attracted to relatives because their scent has something in it that repels anyone with similar genetic make-up. It just won't work. And if it did, super major angst when the deformed babies are born. @_@

My top pairings for GW are Heero/Relena, Dorothy/Quatre and Duo/Hilde.

Sometimes, I use Zechs/Noin as a fun plot device. They're usually the smug wise married couple when I write fic. And of course, Noin's there to keep Zechs and Heero from trying to kill each other whenever Relena's back is turned.

As for Dorothy/Quatre, they're fun, kinky opposites. He's too nice for his own good and she can be mean as a rattlesnake when she wants to be. Sort of an inversion of the stereotypical good girl/bad boy trope. It's a "Taming of the Shrew" thing. oodles of fun despite being crack. xD

And how can Duo/Hilde not be meant for each other? I love that "date" they have at the end of EW Special Edition. And even in the EW OVA, they're together in the junkyard. You don't come back to someone after the fight of your life if she's not special. Besides, they lived together during the series. She was buying groceries for them and everything. I'm just saying...two teenagers caught in a war, hormones and everything...and they were just roommates? I don't think so. I'm not saying they had sex but...

As for that other post, yeah, Marina can't bitchslap a kid. Relena can. Case closed. xD And Heero's obviously not in love with ZERO since it keeps screwing with him. Actually, if I recall correctly, ZERO once gave Heero a vision of killing Relena and he was utterly horrified. (Episode 30) Methinks ZERO was jealous.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:33   Link #67
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Well, I am involuntarily Japan-based since I can't access Youtube for obvious reasons.

If you ask me Zechs sucks much more in the romance section...
I nearly ruined my screen with tea when I saw him covering his face with a notebook (or what was that again?) in the infamous 6X9 EW reunion.
Relena should do something about her brother...

As for DuoXHilde and hormones, I stumbled over a Japanese art blog yesterday whose owner is totally crazy (positive) over the the fact that the novelizations used "同棲/dousei" to describe their living-together status.
Well, I wanted to be careful about posting in Japanese since I got flamed the last time I posted too much Japanese in the FA sub-forum...but forgive me, this HAS to be said XD.
I checked the dictionary for this, while 同居/doukyo simply means living together under one roof, 同棲/dousei has the underlying meaning of the two being a couple. Nuff said.

There is also Duo comparing their mech-store to "a newlywed's clumsy business". Now I have to get a copy of that novel.

And even without all that above Duo's dinner-request for steak speaks enough for me.

I think I like 3XC fics in the honobono genre, which mainly focuses on an ambiguous, warm, family-like relationship between them two. A tiny bit Trowa->Catherine may also do. As I said before, their relationship hasn't to be necessarily of a romantic nature.

As for WufeiXSally, never thought of them before, but there some fics/fan comics out there that were a nice read. And all of my QuatreXDorothy knowledge comes from your fanfics, dear Miss wingzerosnuggles XD.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:14   Link #68
wingzerosnuggles

Yeah, Zechs needs some relationship advice. If Noin wasn't so damned nice...

Lol, I'll be sure to share that with the GW het shippers on my ML. They'll eat it up. 2xH is canon love! When exactly did he make the newlywed reference and request steak? *fuzzy memory*

Are you familiar with the Episode Zero manga though? Middie was cute. She even sort of admitted to herself that she loved him.

I'm ok with Wufei/Sally but I'm still primarily for Wufei/Meiran despite her being...dead. Well, they were married, after all. Takes time to recover from that. Meiran's nickname was Nataku and he called his Gundam that until he let it go in EW. I guess he let her go then and that's why he went with Sally. That's what Meiran would have wanted.

And yes! Another one converted to 4xD! ^_^ Have you read The Perils of Bondage or Sexual Orientation yet? Those are my favorite out of all my 4xD fics so far since the Polite Acrimony ficlet series isn't done yet. [latest involves a furry Roman sex toy ]
Old 2010-05-09, 10:53   Link #69
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

I feel bad for liking Char/QuattroXHaman (CDA/Zeta) now, knowing this is probably the most dysfunctional relationship in Gundam-verse.
Old 2010-06-18, 02:12   Link #70
Washu-Chan