AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 13:21   Link #301
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I liked the fact that Mana used her brain. Surprising how she was the only one who realized that the bad guys can travel from one place to the other, so the mirror can't be the only way. I was thinking about it just before she started her evil laugh. I'm proud of her, for now she is a very capable leader.
Hopefully, this means one less filler (the quiz episode), unless Makoto is actually dumb when she enters Mana's school.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 11:11   Link #302
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's an almost-mirror of Sailor Mars' pose.
Don't you mean Sailor Venus?

Spoiler for Sailor Venus:

Spoiler for Cure Diamond:

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 11:39   Link #303
4Tran

We were discussing the group shot:

But yes, Cure Diamond's regular pose is very Sailor Venus. With Cure Rosetta's Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury impressions, Dokidoki is looking to have more Sailor Moon than any other Precure show. And that's despite the actual presence of Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury in the previous two shows.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:52   Link #304
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Just watched Smile movie. It was good. This is how smile series should have been.
Also reminded me how big the budget was with smile compare to Doki. The transformation and beam spam is much better. Too bad the story is bad and characters is incompetent (but still fun to watch). Doki is so good right now but would be much better with higher budger.
Now that I think about it, right now it seems that Smile's cures are stronger than Doki's right now in term of both physical and beam power. (But they failed so much because of the lack of brain)
Old 2013-03-19, 12:58   Link #305
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:

But yes, Cure Diamond's regular pose is very Sailor Venus. With Cure Rosetta's Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury impressions, Dokidoki is looking to have more Sailor Moon than any other Precure show. And that's despite the actual presence of Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury in the previous two shows.
Ahh sorry... I must've missed that part of the episode, I don't remember the group shot at all. ^^;

But yes, Cure Diamond does seem to be mirroring both Sailor Venus and Sailor Mars in her two finishing poses.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:32   Link #306
Midonin
Last Engage

I've found my new favorite pixiv tag related to this series. Mana Harem.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 02:55   Link #307
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:

Not surprising, since after all, Sailor Moon contributed with the revival of the magical girl subgenre back in the 1990's.

This is like a sort of funny homage by the likes of TOEI imbued in PreCure, and I don't believe this is the first time that happened. Fresh also had some Sailor Moon references or allegories, and just like probably the other Pretty Cure shows in the franchise.

Another reference in this season is Makoto being an idol in the public eye, singing for her songs to reach her princess. The Sailor Starlights performed too as idols to sing their songs in order to contact and to find their Princess.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:44   Link #308
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Not surprising, since after all, Sailor Moon contributed with the revival of the magical girl subgenre back in the 1990's.

This is like a sort of funny homage by the likes of TOEI imbued in PreCure, and I don't believe this is the first time that happened. Fresh also had some Sailor Moon references or allegories, and just like probably the other Pretty Cure shows in the franchise.

Another reference in this season is Makoto being an idol in the public eye, singing for her songs to reach her princess. The Sailor Starlights performed too as idols to sing their songs in order to contact and to find their Princess.
I already beat you to the punch:
Quote:
The bit with Mana laughing and the queen using her spear/staff was pretty good. But what really struck me was how many Sailor Moon elements were in the episode, even beyond the regular ones that all Precures have - there's the mirror motif from Nehellenia, Search For Your Love, and lots of Sailor Moon 44 in general.
It's not so much that Sailor Moon contributed to the magical girl genre, but that it basically created the fighting magical girl subgenre. Almost all magical girl shows of this type owe an awful lot to that show. It's just a bit more obvious with Precure since it's a direct descendent of Sailor Moon. Still, Dokidoki is being a lot more blatant about it - I think that all of the Starlights and Princess Kakyuu callbacks are placed purposefully.
Old 2013-03-21, 15:20   Link #309
VampirePaladin

Quote:
I already beat you to the punch:

It's not so much that Sailor Moon contributed to the magical girl genre, but that it basically created the fighting magical girl subgenre. Almost all magical girl shows of this type owe an awful lot to that show. It's just a bit more obvious with Precure since it's a direct descendent of Sailor Moon. Still, Dokidoki is being a lot more blatant about it - I think that all of the Starlights and Princess Kakyuu callbacks are placed purposefully.
Cutie Honey, Darna, Mary Marvel, Dream Hunter Rem, Devil Hunter Yohko, Majokko Megu-chan, Amethyst and She-Ra all predate Sailor Moon as magical girl warriors. And not all of them are Japanese if you look them up. Sailor Moon wasn't even the first to do a team of magical girls. Off the top of my head I know Majokko Club Yoningumi: A Kuukan kara no Alien X did it before Sailor Moon were a group of magical girls who went into space to fight tentacle monsters on the moon.

What Sailor Moon did was important in making the magical girl warrior part of the magical girl family, but don't call it a first in areas where it wasn't the first. It made the subgenre a hit and well known around the world, but it was not the first.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:37   Link #310
elior

here the next episode titles:
episode 9: Nonsense! Ai-chan Goes to School
episode 10:The Transfer Student is a National Super Idol!!

ai chan go to school i wonder why she go to school?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:38   Link #311
Midonin
Last Engage

I wonder. If Dabi has a human form (that's gained a lot of fan attention), will we get to see the other fairies' human forms? Also, I expect Makopi's transfer to result in a lot of fun first day antics like Ellen.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:14   Link #312
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
here the next episode titles:
episode 9: Nonsense! Ai-chan Goes to School
episode 10:The Transfer Student is a National Super Idol!!

ai chan go to school i wonder why she go to school?
Sounds a lot like Ojamajo Doremi's 4th season, where the baby turns into a grade-schooler and attends school.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 21:14   Link #313
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Cutie Honey, Darna, Mary Marvel, Dream Hunter Rem, Devil Hunter Yohko, Majokko Megu-chan, Amethyst and She-Ra all predate Sailor Moon as magical girl warriors. And not all of them are Japanese if you look them up. Sailor Moon wasn't even the first to do a team of magical girls. Off the top of my head I know Majokko Club Yoningumi: A Kuukan kara no Alien X did it before Sailor Moon were a group of magical girls who went into space to fight tentacle monsters on the moon.

What Sailor Moon did was important in making the magical girl warrior part of the magical girl family, but don't call it a first in areas where it wasn't the first. It made the subgenre a hit and well known around the world, but it was not the first.
And which of these shows bears much resemblance to the modern magical girl shows?
Old 2013-03-22, 00:46   Link #314
VampirePaladin

Quote:
And which of these shows bears much resemblance to the modern magical girl shows?
Cutie Honey, Darna, Mary Marvel, Amethyst and She-Ra. Though in the case of Mary Marvel I am refering to her original version when first premiered not her later status in DC. The plot of Majokko Club Yoningumi: A Kuukan kara no Alien X I would also count if it weren't for the fact it was a one shot OVA crossover of magical girl idols fighting tentacles in space with lightsabers then using a group special attack with wands. Majokko Megu-chan I sadly can not commit to answering one way or the other as I have not seen it yet.

Don't get me wrong, Sailor Moon was important in the history of magical girls especially with how it added in Super Sentai tropes into the mix and really making the magical girl warrior subtype a standard. I just dislike attributing firsts to it that it did not do first.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 05:17   Link #315
elior

here the episode titles for episode 11-13:
11: Wake up! Precure's New Power! ~ New Group Attack
12: Mana's Determination! I take the disciple me!
13: Finally found! ? Princess clue!

a clue to find the princess this will be intresting

Last edited by elior; 2013-03-22 at 06:02.
Old 2013-03-22, 23:52   Link #316
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 7. A Fight to the Very End! Good-Bye, PreCure!

I would have loved this episode had it been expanded into two episodes, but the drama worked on me to love and cared for the people of the Trump Kingdom.

Princess Ange from the Trump Kingdom breaks completely the mold from previous sovereigns in the PreCure franchise, whom actually goes into the battlefield to literally guide and fight alongside her people; those guts from her reminded me to the Princess Zelda's incarnation from the Twilight Princess game.

Anyways, it's good to see that for almost the entire episode the girls had to brave the perils and traps without their PreCure forms, which were saved up to the start of this episode's climax against Bel.

I have to be honest that listening to both Makoto and Davie alternating their sides of the story made me very upset and non-empathetic to the Jikochuu and their King.
I hope that Doki Doki follows the traditional Pretty Cure formula that by the time the storyline closes in to its ending the animators won't be pulling off something silly as trying to humanize or make empathetic King Jikochuu out of the blue; I don't mind if it ends up purified at the end...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 00:17   Link #317
4Tran

Quote:
a clue to find the princess this will be intresting
We'll probably see the Princess 3-8 episodes before the end as usual.
Precure doesn't work as well if the Cures are working under the auspices of an authority figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Anyways, it's good to see that for almost the entire episode the girls had to brave the perils and traps without their PreCure forms, which were saved up to the start of this episode's climax against Bel.
I wish that they actually used Mana's solution rather than use a random mirror shard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Cutie Honey, Darna, Mary Marvel, Amethyst and She-Ra. Though in the case of Mary Marvel I am refering to her original version when first premiered not her later status in DC.
So four works that have no impact on the anime zeitgeist, and one anime that's barely recognizable in modern magical girl shows, right?
Old 2013-03-23, 16:50   Link #318
elior

it seems we can forget about makopi transfer to mana or alice school becouse the full name of episode 10 is: The new boy, a national super idol!
Old 2013-03-23, 19:03   Link #319
elior

Spoiler for doki doki episode 8:
Old 2013-03-23, 20:03   Link #320
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
it seems we can forget about makopi transfer to mana or alice school becouse the full name of episode 10 is: The new boy, a national super idol!
There's a picture of Makoto wearing Mana's school uniform already.

Tags
action, magical girl