AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-28, 14:59   Link #421
SeaDoor

Anime-only viewer with no knowledge of the source material...

This was an odd experience for me. The further into the series I watched the less I was invested in the story of the two principle characters but the more interested I became in the world and the side characters. By the last episode, I had lost any character attachment and was just watching things play out as expected. Thought the emotional aspects were pretty shallow, largely unearned and bordering on just pandering to the audience. Key-story lite.

I am left thinking there is a way more interesting story here than what I watched in this anime series.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 23:12   Link #422
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I think you're confused. Chtholly wasn't reborn, the ending scene of the last episode was a flashback to her birth 15 years in the past. So basically this anime started with Chtholly's death and ended with her birth.
i read differently. that it was a new leprechaun that had the same soul Kutori did.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 00:38   Link #423
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i read differently. that it was a new leprechaun that had the same soul Kutori did.
honestely this still one of my big issues on that serie, i'm still want to know, WHY THAT GIRLS ARE CALLED LEPRECHAUNS AT THE END????, WHAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON with a little race of most beard males wearing green or blue cloths, i'm really honestly want to know the reason if just "stupid plot or really have something, which so far the excuse i saw still bad and looks like just for the sake of "lulz".
Old 2017-06-30, 02:26   Link #424
Zefyris
図書館狼

That's a flashback showing Chtholly being born, not a flashforward showing her being reborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
honestely this still one of my big issues on that serie, i'm still want to know, WHY THAT GIRLS ARE CALLED LEPRECHAUNS AT THE END????, WHAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON with a little race of most beard males wearing green or blue cloths, i'm really honestly want to know the reason if just "stupid plot or really have something, which so far the excuse i saw still bad and looks like just for the sake of "lulz".
That's simple.
Let's demonstrate it rather than just give the simple conclusion :
1) Willem knew of leprechauns more than 500 years ago. At that point of time, there was no reason to create the faeries to fight beasts since beasts appeared after Willem got petrified (as he didn't know of them before he was taught about them when rescued from the surface and un-petrified). Yet, leprechauns existed.
2) the current "leprechauns" are secretly being created using necromancy. Such a process of creation is obviously not being publicly known, since even Nygglatho doesn't know about it, and Willem had to get the answer from the man who created those himself.
3)The official explanations for those faeries being able to wield weapons that only humans can use is that "they're leprechauns, leprechauns can use human's tools, so that's why". *
4)Leprechauns are clearly stated (even in that verse, by willem, who is surprised they changed appearance so much) to not have that "little girl" appearance 500 years ago.
5)Leprechauns are faeries that used to live in humans towns, in our legends. Humanity was wiped out of the map very quickly.

My conclusion : the real leprechauns went extinct together with humanity, they didn't make it to the floating islands. The officials are using the "leprechauns" name for the "faeries" because it's very convenient, as there's no real leprechaun anymore to deny what they are, and that this makes a believable explanation for why they can wield human weapons. Considering how those "faeries" are created, they wouldn't want peoples to be too curious about where they come from. The real leprechauns were probably far more similar in appearance to what you're thinking of. We'll never know, because there's no way that a race that was basically living in town's storehouse and the like could survive what happened 525 years ago.

So those are not real leprechauns, that's why they don't look like real leprechauns. QED.
Old 2017-06-30, 02:36   Link #425
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
You could just as well ask how trolls look like normal people.
Old 2017-06-30, 03:01   Link #426
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That one has already being discussed and there's plenty of legends (actually more than with monstrous features) of trolls looking like humans.
The only reasons people nowadays automatically associate troll with big monstrous appearance is that tolkien chose that type of legend for his troll, and tolkien heavily influences most of the modern fantasy.
The type of Troll legend used in Sukasuka is the human looking troll that live away from human cities in proper houses, and will offer hospitality to human travellers that find themselves outside when the night come. offering them dinner, and the like, before eating them during the night. That type of troll cannot look monstruous.
Old 2017-06-30, 06:25   Link #427
magnuskn

Well, you learn something new every day.
Old 2017-06-30, 14:30   Link #428
AB079
Banned

Y'all need to watch American Gods or read the book, talking about breaking stereotypes. Hopefully this discussion about leprechaunts wont happen again.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 15:16   Link #429
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Wrote quite a long post about the lovecraftian influences in character naming scheme of this show. Its really quite fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Already answered multiple pages ago. There are more than few types of trolls and troll-witches in folklore, most of whom are shapeshifters.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 15:06   Link #430
Applehell

Good show. I had my grievances with how it handle certain things and the ending didn't hit me as could have but this was ultimately more of a sum of it's parts. Willem and Chtholly relationship was quite well done and shows just because a romance starts from "love at first sight" does not mean it cannot be compelling and develop muturally. Ending was good, but everything happened was perfunctory for this type of bleak tale.

Of course there still tons questions and whatnot the anime could not reasonably anwser since it is an adaptation at it's core. However this provided enough of a closure to most important and immeditate matters which largely revolved around the two leads which was generally satisfactory to me. Agree with SeaDoor that sometimes it did feel like a Key show.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-07-01 at 15:41.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 01:31   Link #431
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

At least finish off until vol 5 some day lol.....You can't just end it midway through the first series.

still waiting for my Horizon S3
Old 2017-07-03, 05:46   Link #432
Calca
Expressionless

Well my body is dead, but I suppose a detached head can somehow live on.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 10:56   Link #433
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
At least finish off until vol 5 some day lol.....You can't just end it midway through the first series.

I hate you
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 11:57   Link #434
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
thats also the impression I got from the scene, as Ctholly crying happily wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

That, Tomodachi, TeenageRomcom (8-Man ftw), NGNL, Code Geass, Re Zero and a dozen of others

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 03:29   Link #435
Vaans
NEET

The ending was somehow confusing or open ended. But it would seem like Chtolly isn't dead. Nor is Nephren and Willem.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, light novel adaptation, post apocalyptic, science fiction, tragedy