AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 16:10   Link #81
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is true, buy you can't deny that she's very obviously 'inspired' by Haruhi.
Sure, but I can deny that such a thing has any impact at all on my own personal potential to enjoy the show. I enjoyed Haruhi; if this is similar but brings a new twist, it could be great as far as I'm concerned! I personally think that people get too wrapped up in "originality" sometimes. My philosophy is, as long as it's enjoyable, who cares what inspires it.

Quote:
The real thing everyone was complaining about was "Bawww Little Busters is delayed".
Which has always been completely baseless. This is being produced by an entirely separate production committee with no other relation to the Pony Canyon/Movic/TBS/Kyoto Animation team that has been working on the mainline Key game adaptations for the past few years. Just because it's being produced in collaboration with Key doesn't mean the other group couldn't also be working on an adaptation of Little Busters according to their already-planned schedule (nobody ever said it was planned for 2009 anyway). This isn't some great cosmic trade-off; the Key brand is popular enough to support more than one anime production, I'm sure. In other words, as I said before, snap conclusions based on preliminary and superficial data. In the end it's just a lot of fretting-about for nothing.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:38   Link #82
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sure, but I can deny that such a thing has any impact at all on my own personal potential to enjoy the show. I enjoyed Haruhi; if this is similar but brings a new twist, it could be great as far as I'm concerned! I personally think that people get too wrapped up in "originality" sometimes. My philosophy is, as long as it's enjoyable, who cares what inspires it.
I think the same thing, actually. >_>

I can see why people would complain though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
*snip*
Which is what I've been saying.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 05:27   Link #83
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

This looks interesting.. Haruhi rip-off or not.
Although I don't really know what this is abut, I'm looking forward for it.
I love the character art~ <3
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 08:57   Link #84
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
how about what if their God that they actually met in their afterlife was actually Haruhi herself?
in Key version world & not KyoAni version?, an epic crossover in the history of anime studios!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:55   Link #85
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDAM H.E.X. View Post
how about what if their God that they actually met in their afterlife was actually Haruhi herself?
in Key version world & not KyoAni version?, an epic crossover in the history of anime studios!!!
Please no. Haruhi is crap, if that's the reason why Yurippe rebelled against God, I fully sympathesise with her. (and maybe dealing with hate that she has a similar face to Haruhi, and with all the raging Haruhists in the process).

Kyoto Animation is getting old, let another studio take the spotlight.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 13:28   Link #86
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Please no. Haruhi is crap
To all the other people reading this, I ask you not to bite the bait and derail the thread. There are other places for discussing Haruhi and KyoAni.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 15:09   Link #87
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
To all the other people reading this, I ask you not to bite the bait and derail the thread. There are other places for discussing Haruhi and KyoAni.
True, then that means we should avoid every single comparison to Haruhi then. No more "blah, blah. Angel Beats is rip of Haruhi." then.

Is there any information if this is only anime exclusive or will there be a game as well?

Also, plotwise...
Guns vs. Supernatural forces? Too bad angels don't use swords and staffs. >_>

Old 2009-06-04, 16:35   Link #88
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Guns are ridiculously powerful. I can see them making a, heh, dent in those using the 'supernatural forces'.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:15   Link #89
blitz1/2

Quote:
Guns are ridiculously powerful. I can see them making a, heh, dent in those using the 'supernatural forces'.
unless those supernatural are like spirit wolves and such, maybe "spiritual" guns are useful? (maybe we can pop a minigun in there somewhere)

Old 2009-06-04, 21:11   Link #90
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
unless those supernatural are like spirit wolves and such, maybe "spiritual" guns are useful? (maybe we can pop a minigun in there somewhere)
Spirit bullets. Bullets formed from, like, ectoplasm.

That'd be AWESOME. Fire ectoplasmic bullets out of minigun.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:33   Link #91
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

do not care much about chara design/story/whatever
it's key so I gonna watch it.
heard somewhere that there's gonna be 30++ charas?^^;; isn't a bit too much for 13 ep anime?^^:;
Old 2009-06-04, 21:49   Link #92
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post
heard somewhere that there's gonna be 30++ charas?^^;; isn't a bit too much for 13 ep anime?^^:;
Who said it was going to be 13? 26 would be nice, this anime seems to lean on a rather epic scale, especially with 30+ characters.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 21:55   Link #93
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post
I see no problems with such a huge cast, if they have gone to lengths to make some of the background characters with a tad more personality than usual all the better.

well I like the look of it so I'll be watching this.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:17   Link #94
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Who said it was going to be 13? 26 would be nice, this anime seems to lean on a rather epic scale, especially with 30+ characters.
the radio streaming or something said that it's gonna be 13 ep
Old 2009-06-04, 23:00   Link #95
Ryusiangel

I wanted little busters but angel beats hopefully its good :3 how come i never heard of angel beats o.O i wikied it up and there was no game i could find if they made it or not?
was it made? when was the game made if there was?
Old 2009-06-04, 23:02   Link #96
Midonin
Last Engage

It's a completely new project. Nothing to pre-judge it on, not much knowledge of the world it's about to create.

It's a beautiful thing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 23:07   Link #97
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusiangel View Post
I wanted little busters but
Because Key working on an original anime project automatically mean Kyoto Animation is involved, right?

We'll be seeing Little Busters this fall, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's a beautiful thing.
Like I posted before though,the danger of original animated works is that they can end up either ridiculously confusing or just terrible.

This looks more on the "ridiculously confusing" side than "terrible."

Like a BONES original.
Old 2009-06-04, 23:09   Link #98
Midonin
Last Engage

I find I'm mostly immune to confusion and terribleness. Whether that's obliviousness or my own tastes (whatever they are) is unknown. But mostly, not having people constantly comparing it to an original source is something I'm glad to get when I can.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 23:14   Link #99
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

maybe I'm one of the few people who didn't want LB! anime that much
...exception if they make an anime based on EX..I want Tokido-san
Old 2009-06-04, 23:36   Link #100
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I find I'm mostly immune to confusion and terribleness. Whether that's obliviousness or my own tastes (whatever they are) is unknown. But mostly, not having people constantly comparing it to an original source is something I'm glad to get when I can.
Frankly, the only reason adaptations exist in the first place is to sell the original product.

The reason you get comparisons at all is because the fans enjoyed the original work (which is the reason it was made into an anime in the first place) and so I think you can understand why people would be pissed when there are changes made for reasons that are not very understandable.

Honestly, I watch anime for a good story so I tend to notice when the plot derails itself completely.

This is what will very likely happen here, looking at the rather, um, interesting premise, and looking back at the track record of original anime.

Whether people notice or care is another story entirely. I'll just be happy if people don't start claiming "waifus" the minute more character designs are released. God I hate K-On.

Tags
key