AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-07, 18:05   Link #2421
Judoh
Mystery buff

Hey Teehee. I've been rereading episode 2 and I found something that you could put in your notes. I think this is important.

Note: When Shannon is around George and Jessica she refers to herself as furniture, but when she is around other people (Like Kanon) she says that she is not furniture and refuses to follow orders.

My theory is that since Kinzo is dead and Jessica isn't interested in being the head. Shannon having faith in George somehow came to beleive that she was George's furniture. (This is assuming she knows that Kinzo is dead from Natsuhi) It could also explain why she says "I wonder..." all the time because she wants to know what George's decision will be.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-02-07 at 18:17.
Old 2010-02-07, 18:06   Link #2422
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Even if we assume Asumu's Battler was a live birth (and you might argue a stillbirth is still giving birth), there's no real indication that child didn't just die within a few hours of being born. I suppose there's more hints to the other Battler still being alive than to him/her not being alive, but on the other hand there's not a whole lot of solid evidence either way. We just know our Battler isn't Asumu's. That doesn't immediately tell us who Asumu's was, after all.
Old 2010-02-07, 19:50   Link #2423
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Maybe he just forgot...?

But I wanted to know what did the magic circle showing in that flash mean. It hasn't appear in the game at all, IIRC.
Actually I looked back on the scene I saw in the flashback and I think what I found was a programming error. The Rosa sprite isn't supposed to be in that flashback saying that. The person saying Battler was lucky because he didn't have to talk about the inheritance was actually Kyrie not Rosa. So in the episode 5 ??? flashback scene with meta Battler the sprites must have gotten mixed up somehow. Or it was deliberate and put there as a red herring.

Should I post screenshots of this error in the translation board? I'm not sure if that's what that board is used for so I wanted to ask here to make sure

This is the way the scene looks in the flashback:

Spoiler for space:

and this is how it actually happens:
Spoiler for space:

If this is a programming error it's a pretty bad one. I mean using the wrong sprite twice? in the same scene?

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-02-07 at 20:04.
Old 2010-02-07, 20:20   Link #2424
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
But I wanted to know what did the magic circle showing in that flash mean. It hasn't appear in the game at all, IIRC.
I got a screenshot of that just for you. It seems to be a magic circle for summoning Gaap and your right it hasn't been used yet so it's strange that it's first appearance is in a flashback. You have a good eye!

Spoiler for unknown magic circle in episode 5:
Old 2010-02-07, 20:42   Link #2425
LaplaceNoMa

Regarding the 'I'll be killed' scene from ep1:

I don't know if that's a hint, but right after Rudolf speaks these words there's a thunder blackout and Battler's phrase saying something like 'his face looked so pale it even looked like another person.'

Well, I'm probably overthinking things but who knows...
Old 2010-02-07, 21:52   Link #2426
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I got a screenshot of that just for you. It seems to be a magic circle for summoning Gaap and your right it hasn't been used yet so it's strange that it's first appearance is in a flashback. You have a good eye!

Spoiler for unknown magic circle in episode 5:
Actually it was used at one point I think. When Gaap first appeared.

Also I think you are over thinking it Laplace. Battler could just mean that Rudolf didn't look like his normal self.
Old 2010-02-07, 21:59   Link #2427
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
If this is a programming error it's a pretty bad one. I mean using the wrong sprite twice? in the same scene?
In context, the zombie Hideyoshi error is funnier, but this one... wow. Has anyone read a Japanese forum talking about this, or sent something to 07th? Is this an error or a hint?
Old 2010-02-08, 02:03   Link #2428
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

Quote:
Hey Teehee. I've been rereading episode 2 and I found something that you could put in your notes. I think this is important.

Note: When Shannon is around George and Jessica she refers to herself as furniture, but when she is around other people (Like Kanon) she says that she is not furniture and refuses to follow orders.

My theory is that since Kinzo is dead and Jessica isn't interested in being the head. Shannon having faith in George somehow came to beleive that she was George's furniture. (This is assuming she knows that Kinzo is dead from Natsuhi) It could also explain why she says "I wonder..." all the time because she wants to know what George's decision will be.
I hope you are enjoying my notes thus far. EP1 will be surprisingly juicy (but probably not as lengthy as EP2).

About your personal note: you noticed it; I didn't. If you can give me some more context (e.g. specific scenes where you noticed these patterns), then perhaps I could submit some original notes. I won't cut and paste your notes without some sort of confirmation of your findings.

Sometimes, I like being able to support these things with quotes if they are seldom mentioned.

Last edited by TeeHee; 2010-02-08 at 13:02. Reason: Removed pointless banter.
Old 2010-02-08, 03:34   Link #2429
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
In context, the zombie Hideyoshi error is funnier, but this one... wow. Has anyone read a Japanese forum talking about this, or sent something to 07th? Is this an error or a hint?
Like Rosa and Kyrie are the same person? XD
That would be great...

Honestly I don't know how this could be a mistake... The scene was already there you just needed to make a screenshot of it... How did it happened that Kyrie's tati got switched with Rosa's tati. Of course this is way too preposterous to think it has a meaning, but still... how did that happen?

Old 2010-02-08, 14:38   Link #2430
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Like Rosa and Kyrie are the same person? XD
That would be great...

Honestly I don't know how this could be a mistake... The scene was already there you just needed to make a screenshot of it... How did it happened that Kyrie's tati got switched with Rosa's tati. Of course this is way too preposterous to think it has a meaning, but still... how did that happen?
It's possible he "faked" the screenshots by reconstructing them with the same background and dialogue and simply confused who was in the scene. /ros/ and /kir/ (I know, I know, but Battler is /but/ and Ange is /enj/) are nothing alike though.

More strange, the Kyrie sprite is kir_komarua1, and the Rosa sprite is ros_waraia2. So it's not even a case of accidentally using the right expression for the wrong character. It's a completely different emotion altogether (Kyrie is concerned and tired, Rosa is laughing).

If it's an accident, it's a very odd one. If it's intentional, I can't imagine what it means.
Old 2010-02-08, 15:51   Link #2431
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's possible he "faked" the screenshots by reconstructing them with the same background and dialogue and simply confused who was in the scene. /ros/ and /kir/ (I know, I know, but Battler is /but/ and Ange is /enj/) are nothing alike though.

More strange, the Kyrie sprite is kir_komarua1, and the Rosa sprite is ros_waraia2. So it's not even a case of accidentally using the right expression for the wrong character. It's a completely different emotion altogether (Kyrie is concerned and tired, Rosa is laughing).
I was thinking this too.

If you look closer at the screenshots, in the ones with Rosa, Battler has a different expression sprite too.
Old 2010-02-09, 03:32   Link #2432
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Checking the japanese original I noticed that the text is exactly the same. There is no doubt that it has been copied.

But in that case why they didn't just copy the whole script? Why they just copied the text and then redid the tati? Or why they didn't simply made a screenshot from the original game. Because even in the game it is just an image a screenshot.

Old 2010-02-09, 03:53   Link #2433
ijriims

Alternatively,

Can you find a scene having the same sprites and lookings?

Maybe someone did not copy the sprites wrongly but copied the texts wrongly...

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
Old 2010-02-09, 19:48   Link #2434
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Alternatively,

Can you find a scene having the same sprites and lookings?

Maybe someone did not copy the sprites wrongly but copied the texts wrongly...
No. Not in episode 2 anyway...
Old 2010-02-09, 23:31   Link #2435
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

So, did anyone else think that this was an inexplicable plot twist in EP5?

Spoiler for Space:

Last edited by TeeHee; 2010-02-10 at 08:50. Reason: etc
Old 2010-02-10, 14:13   Link #2436
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
Also, I find this to be inspiring.
Wow, thanks for pointing that out! I've been around so much yet this is the first time I noticed that! I've thought about learning something like onscriptor or renpy but laziness has proved to be an impregnable border...
Old 2010-02-10, 22:27   Link #2437
Judoh
Mystery buff

Since Klashikari is in charge of graphic/editing at witchhunt maybe we should ask if she knows any details about this error or if it is one at all...
Old 2010-02-11, 05:29   Link #2438
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Since Klashikari is in charge of graphic/editing at witchhunt maybe we should ask if she knows any details about this error or if it is one at all...
I asked Chronotrig and this is what he replied:

Quote:
Yes, we actually had to go to some extra trouble to re-create those pictures for the patch. Had to edit the script, instead of just jumping to the section and printscreen. The Battler sprite and Rosa-Kyrie switch are there, and the one with Genji and Krauss changes their expressions, I think. Might have been another expression switch somewhere along the line. It might just be a mistake on Ryuukishi's part, but why not just take screenshots of your own game instead of re-making the scenes from scratch? I have wondered about that...but I doubt there's anything too deep behind it. Also, this is the game of zombie Hideyoshi...

Old 2010-02-27, 00:25   Link #2439
CainSonozaki

Sorry to break any current conversations but i just started reading episode 5 yesterday and i dont know if this was addressed before or happened to anyone else.

Spoiler for pic:
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
Old 2010-02-27, 01:01   Link #2440
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Obviously, Gaap's incredible powers allow her to be in so many places at once she phases slightly out of reality.

In all seriousness, that's a weird bug and you should maybe ask in the Translation thread, where WH members sometimes hang out. I don't remember that happening in the ep5 patch for ep5.
Closed Thread