AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2019-01-18, 03:45   Link #81
Archon_Wing
Have some salt
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So many flavors, but people have to choose salty.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 05:52   Link #82
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Whoa, I didn't realize that things get rather salty not long after I dropped my 2-cent comment.

Still though, if not for the thread (which is fundamentally talking about 2018 anime), I wouldn't care that much about whether 2018 is a good year for anime or not. You know me, I don't really care about individual year when it comes to anime. So, it's definitely not something worth getting upset about.

I personally think individual year lacks grand pattern, and I care more about the bigger picture like anime evolution and specific anime eras. For example, I'm forever grateful that we have passed the "dark age" of anime visuals in early 2000s when plenty of TV shows discarded films and went digital but without the HD to support it. To revisit the anime visuals of that era is a rough road of flat & blurry mess.

So, let's not be salty and just continue watching good anime like the "franchise revival"-shows that the year 2018 had generously gave us like the new Gegege no Kitaro (2018), Captain Tsubasa (2018) & Lupin III: Part V . Still haven't watched that damn Peacemaker Kurogane: Omou Michi movie in 2018. Really wish the BD can come out soon.
Old 2019-01-18, 16:43   Link #83
Archon_Wing
Have some salt
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I mean, I actually agree that there's plenty of junk and not much incentive to innovate. People just eat up that LN/mobage bullshit, and I was thinking VNs were already silly enough, but they look better by comparison. You just put a cute girl that smiles on the cover, and then have her cry and give her a hug and this is the height of art apparently. Either that or think your audience are complete morons that haven't seen breasts before and patronize them as such. That seems to work too.

Ultimately though, this is by and large a niche medium meant for late night viewers and making art is generally not profitable. This is probably why anime that does go out of its way to be diffrent should be treasured, not just treated as "lol 7.8/10, good but not mustahpiece"

That being said, I haven't really given a shit at the medium at large for the longest time. None of this does justify the bullshit they pull, but hey there's always some effort put in it here and there, and with stuff like Magus Bride and Bunny Girl, and that coloring book show PA did, proves that there's still people that give a fuck. I don't like to praise mediocrity before, and I do point out the year hasn't been that hot, but let's not pretend anime has been in decline since last year. xD

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 21:54   Link #84
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
....Either that or think your audience are complete morons that haven't seen breasts before and patronize them as such
there's actually some truth in this... we might forget but this industry is still growing, with many new fresh blood joined to fandom every year (they don't coming to this forum tho ), so i think those cliche moe and stupid fan services anime was working and it has become something necessary evil.

生きるってつらいな。。。
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 19:08   Link #85
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Not sure how many other people here watched the Eng. dub of Franxx, but I consider Zero Two the magnum opus of the anime roles I have heard Tia Ballard in/as. Franxx is my 2018 AOTY followed by Zombieland Saga and Pop Team Epic.
Old 2019-01-21, 19:14   Link #86
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Not sure how many other people here watched the Eng. dub of Franxx, but I consider Zero Two the magnum opus of the anime roles I have heard Tia Ballard in/as. Franxx is my 2018 AOTY followed by Zombieland Saga and Pop Team Epic.
I've not watched the dub but I did see this clip of it and though whoever did Zorome is pretty funny.

Anyway, Voting Phase is up.