Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-05, 06:09   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mix Season 2

Adachi returns to our screens again. Here's hoping he actually finishes this series, as anime will surely follow if he does.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/st...697687048?s=20

Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 06:55   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh god when did season 1 air again?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 06:56   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

2018 I think.
Old 2022-08-05, 09:54   Link #4
Frontier

The Uchida siblings reunite with Yuuji Kaji as a third wheel .

But it'll be nice to return to this series .
Old 2022-08-05, 17:08   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I remember enjoying it a lot but my memories are pretty blurry. Or rather, they're getting mixed up with my memories of other Adachi series, which I'm sure everyone will admit are extremely similar.
Old 2022-08-05, 20:15   Link #6
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
So nice that this is coming back.

I think I have a decent handle of what happened in season 1, but I might re-watch the last few episodes anyway.
Old 2022-08-06, 13:07   Link #7
ditn

let's go
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 09:25   Link #8
Decel

Wow didn't expect this one to come back, especially after the ending frame of "s1"
Old 2022-08-07, 19:12   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's a Touch sequel. If Adachi finishes it, anime will finish it. An exchange from the comments on my S1 finale post at LiA"

Quote:
Comment: This episode’s ED is indicative that we are highly unlikely to get a second season of Mix. It’s an epilogue of what happens thereafter which we have not even gotten to the start of yet in the manga. If there is to be a second season of Mix, it would be in the far future when Adachi is close to wrapping it up.

My reply:I disagree. There’s too much in it for too many parties for it not to happen.

2021 or 2022, assuming Adachi doesn’t take any extended breaks.
Old 2022-09-07, 23:23   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Airing Spring ‘23.
Old 2023-02-09, 19:25   Link #11
MCAL

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...pril-1/.194691

April 1st to be exact.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-01, 09:38   Link #12
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-04-08, 10:00   Link #13
Frontier

I guess we're not going to see that epic Koshien match with Mita and his team. Figures we don't need to spend time and animation on something that doesn't really matter to Meisei at this point .

Does Arisa have a throwing arm on par with her brother? To the point that she can deliberately miss when she throws an eraser at Otomi? And she was enough of a good little sister to attend her brothers' Koshien match and cry on his behalf !

You know it's significant when Otomi brings up her and Sou's biological dad .

Young Akai still looking wistfully at baseball...

Imagawa and a returning Nikaidou team-up to clear the air with Nishiki and bring him back to Meisei! Nothing like the power of self-reflection and the influence of a rich kid to get things done .

Nishiki's definitely got the talent and the drive, he's just a little rusty from not having played for a while, but they can drill that back into him .

Coach Ohyama is still Coach Ohyama. Is he the best coach? No. Does he deflect the teams' issues on them instead of himself? Yeah. But he does put in the work to create a thorough and detailed training plan for each members, so it's clear he has potential, just like the team does. And Sou is supporting him, if only because he wants to get with his daughter .

First Haruka gymnastics scene of the season! And she's as stunning and flexible as ever! Even if she doesn't enjoy getting ogled by a bunch of guys .

Although poor Ohyama. His wife is writing a baseball short story but doesn't even bother to get advice from him rather than two kids from his team. Although she seems to enjoy drinking as much as him...and Sou is happy to treat Haruka's mom .

All those self-ware comments about romcoms and formula's that we get Adachi literally calling in to complain for them to stop .
Old 2023-04-19, 11:18   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just rewatched all of season one, and it left me with a couple of questions.

Mix seems to have more ecchi content than earlier Adachi adaptations like Cross Game. There were countless scenes where the camera obsessed over every curve on Otomi's body when she was wearing her swimsuit. I remember similar scenes in Cross Game, but I don't remember them being so lenghy and so focused on the shapes of the girls' bodies. Was this a decision by the anime director, or does it reflect a real difference in Adachi's underlying content?

Mix season one was full of self-referential jokes and scenes that "broke the fourth wall," like the poster for the series in the boys' room, and many people reading H2, Cross Game, and other Adachi manga. Again is that from Adachi, or a directorial decision?

I still have a hard time looking at Tou and Otomi and not thinking they are Kou and Aoba.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 12:02   Link #15
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Mix season one was full of self-referential jokes and scenes that "broke the fourth wall," like the poster for the series in the boys' room, and many people reading H2, Cross Game, and other Adachi manga. Again is that from Adachi, or a directorial decision?
Adachi has always been self-referential, even way back in H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
]I still have a hard time looking at Tou and Otomi and not thinking they are Kou and Aoba.
That's because your exposure started with Cross Game. If you were exposed to him via his most famous earlier series, Touch, you would say they are similar to Tatsuya and Minami.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 10:24   Link #16
Frontier

Kenjo High is shaping up with skilled newcomers and a manager...while Meisei is more rough around the edges and not starting off on as great a foot on that front outside Natsuno, but that's what the protagonists in a baseball series are all about .

I don't know if I should be impressed that Arisa actually got audio evidence of Otomi telling her Aki would join the soccer club or that she doctored it. Although Nonomiya keeps giving her away .

Huh, fancy that Nishiki would just randomly see the old coach he punched...and he was actually there! For some reason .

It's a tragedy what happened to the Akai siblings. Even if they weren't related by blood, they were still brothers, and were close and supportive of each other even if Ryou was self-conscious about how good his older brother was (even though he was just older). Then one harmless walk with the family pup that ended badly because Akai just didn't tie the leash tight enough while trying to help an old lady...and he and his brother were never able to really talk or hash it out. I guess there's your car accident of the series .

But Akai still wants the best for his brother, and even if that means making him the bad guy to push his brother to excel at baseball to surpass him, so be it. So Ryou finally joins Meisei. And even with Natsuno needling him, he's proving he's got the talent to be a star player for the team .

Speaking of complicated relationships for siblings not related by blood as Touma stares at Otomi...not to mention her implying she might be interested in Ryou within earshot of Touma

Well, I guess Haruka won't have to worry about being oggled by boys now that the rhythmic gymnastics club has closed down. Is that why she didn't get Otomi's help because she knew it was pointless? I guess now she can just focus on being the baseball manager

Sucks Nikaidou's dad passed away, but at least it was peaceful and he had everything sorted out with his family and otherwise before he passed. I didn't even think Nikaidou himself might bite it until everyone assumed that's what the Tachibana siblings were implying .

Oh hey, we're finally going to find out about that mysterious guys' deal next episode .
Old 2023-05-06, 11:11   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The story about the homeless guy has gotten tedious. Will it end soon?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-06, 11:30   Link #18
Blaat

Lots of fanservice for Touch in the latest episode but man seeing those love rival siblings from Touch triggered me, as there were so many boring filler episodes in the latter part of Touch focusing on their hi jinks.
Old 2023-05-06, 11:41   Link #19
Frontier

I have to imagine there was some genuine emotion on Noriko Hidaka's part when she said "Minami" .
Old 2023-05-06, 23:35   Link #20
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You'll get more traction if you post on the current series thread.

Just for the record, the homeless guy is now officially identified as maybe the 4th-most important character from Touch so no, his story isn't ending anytime soon. To each is own but I think Harada is great, and Banjou Ginga is clearly having a lot of fun.

Tags
baseball, sports