AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 05:40   Link #281
codygameman3@aol.com

wow

This is way late but my favorite character was always Mokoto
codygameman3@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 23:47   Link #282
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A group called Retrofit has taken Ishin's subs and put them onto the R2 DVD release...

I don't know if they're going to stick with it and re-do all the episodes (1 & 2 have been released), but K2K2 sure does look a lot better...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 17:59   Link #283
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Double post!

Retrofit has come out with episode 3, and hopefully more are in the pipeline!

And OTL has finished the 2nd Kanon Minase Sanchi drama CD using the visuals from the game to visualize the drama CD!

And they are planning to work on the Minase Sanchi Akiko-san no hirugohan drama CD next!

Old 2008-06-25, 00:15   Link #284
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Nice news, hope to see another episodes soon.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 13:30   Link #285
Kylon99

I'm glad there are people watching our Minasesanchi releases... ;__; I hope you guys enjoy it.

It's been pretty brutal working on the animation for CD2 as a few people had to go back to school and most of it was left up to me. Thankfully the editors, QC'rs and translators are still there.

CD3 requires even more new art resources and so we're on a bit of a hiatus to explore some new technologies and solve those art problems first before we fully commit to actually doing it. We definitely need more artists and/or animators.

For example, the major hurdle in CD3 is the Summer uniform for Kanon. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 13:34   Link #286
drmr

(I hope this hasn't been answered before! if so please ignore and if possible provide a link to the info)

Ok I loved the 2006 series! it's my all time favorite anime so here's a few questions I'd like to ask:

1) Is the 2002 version still available for download?

2) Is it worthwhile getting the 2002 version even if one has seen the 06 version?

3) How does it stack up and are there any major differences between the two versions?

4) Are there any links to a few snapshots of the work?

Thanks in advance guys!
drmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 04:32   Link #287
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
1) Is the 2002 version still available for download?
Yes.
Quote:
2) Is it worthwhile getting the 2002 version even if one has seen the 06 version?
Maybe... I think it worth watching, not expect the same level as in Kanon 2006, but it's good and interesting too.
Quote:
3) How does it stack up and are there any major differences between the two versions?
Yes, there are differences, sometimes not major. Keep in mind, that Kanon 2006 is very close to the original game, many events are directly from the game, when in Kanon 2002 scenes sometimes differs with alternative retelling, even some scenes that you will not find in the game are also here. It's like Air Movie, Clannad Movie, but still closer to the original scenario.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:58   Link #288
drmr

Thanks Littm! I'm now looking forward to watching this. As always you've been very helpful!
Old 2008-07-02, 13:05   Link #289
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

You're welcome.
Old 2008-07-06, 22:07   Link #290
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

hmmm. i just got done watching the 2002 like a week ago. it wasnt all that to me personally. i dont know maybe it was just that i couldnt stand looking at yuichi's mouth so high up, but hen on the other hand i usually dont care TOO much about the art as long as the story is good. but from what i here it is one of the best so i hope the 2006 one is better.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 01:27   Link #291
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Yes, Kanon 2006 is better and more closer to the game.
Old 2008-07-07, 16:47   Link #292
drmr

Well I just finished watching the 2002 release and wasn't totally impressed with the art , I suppose they tried to match it as close as possible to the game art, even so I'm glad I watched it.

And man what was all that fan service about? (you know what I'm talking about! all those closeup shots of the girls skirts) Just happy they decided to drop it from the 2006 release it just didn't suit the anime. Additionally I really enjoyed the alternate ending that they included (Kazahana), I'm just curious why wasn't it added to the 2006 release? (EDIT: I think I figured it out, "because the 2006 was made as close as possible to match the game", Am I right?)

Anyway for those that don't know anything about Kanon and wants to watch both releases I'd suggest that they watch 2006 before the 2002 (that's only my opinion! so do as you please).
Old 2008-07-08, 00:39   Link #293
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Kazahana was as a bonus on special DVD for a real fans. To grab this DVD disk you should collect a special amount of points at first. Bought all disks of Kanon ? Here're some points. All OST's too ? Here're some too. And so on. Really, this isn't and ending, but an addition. Nothing unusual but interesting.
Old 2008-10-28, 14:47   Link #294
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

OTL Fansubs has released the first three tracks to the Kanon drama CD 3: Minase Sanchi Akiko-san no hirugohan!

As before, they use the game visuals to help "visualize" the drama CD.

-------

Youtube links to the first 6 tracks of the first Drama CD:

Minasesanchi: Akiko-san no Asa-Gohan CD Part I 1/3
Minasesanchi: Akiko-san no Asa-Gohan CD Part I 2/3
Minasesanchi: Akiko-san no Asa-Gohan CD Part I 3/3

Old 2009-04-18, 01:41   Link #295
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Double post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
OTL Fansubs has released the first three tracks to the Kanon drama CD 3: Minase Sanchi Akiko-san no hirugohan!

As before, they use the game visuals to help "visualize" the drama CD.
And now they have released the second three tracks! And like the first batch, a job well done!

Track 4 was a riot!
Old 2009-08-10, 23:22   Link #296
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Triple post!

Once again, OTL has released a new batch: tracks 7-9 of CD 3!

Old 2009-10-14, 17:32   Link #297
Kylon99

Hmmm... I'll keep working on Minasesanchi, but it's getting harder and harder with each new release. 8) Too much new artwork required...

And this one is taking awhile because I just came back from a four week vacation in Japan. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen, toei