AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-16, 03:18   Link #81
Mentar
Banned

Well, any show with Itou Shizuka in it is a must-check for me in the first place

And don't mind Fluffy too much, I know why he's so irked *grins*

*runs and hides*
Old 2008-09-16, 03:21   Link #82
Westlo
Lets be reality

Meh I don't mind, but I bet the guy who put me on this show (via light novels) is way more elitist than him anyway...
Old 2008-09-16, 09:32   Link #83
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
sorry, i copied the text directly from the one i posted into aru kagaku no railgun. there u go

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...ku/item198096/
Has this been de-bunked yet?
Old 2008-09-16, 15:23   Link #84
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Meh I don't mind, but I bet the guy who put me on this show (via light novels) is way more elitist than him anyway...
I assume you're talking about Andrew Cunningham?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-09-16, 21:56   Link #85
velocity7

Looks like a series I might be interested in, though I've Sound is certainly heavy on techno for the soundtrack given in the trailer so far. Here's hoping for some epic orchestral stuff as well...
Old 2008-09-18, 16:52   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

UOOOUIII!! Update! The official website finally makes another update, with the front page showing the anime version of Accelerator, Mikoto, Motoharu, Kaori, Stiyl, Aisa, Imouto, Kuroko, Touma, and Index!
Cast section has updated too.

*drools*
Looks great... The lolicon Alchemist, Komoe, and Blue-hair... where are they...?

Touma's face really does seem too mature, no matter how many times I look... Everyone else looks fine.
Scary, scary Accelerator-kun... (^^; )

I'm really glad it seems JC Staff is putting effort in this...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-09-18, 17:32   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

That's always encouraging to hear
Old 2008-09-18, 18:30   Link #88
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I will not be fooled by them again... but it looks really good.
Old 2008-09-19, 02:22   Link #89
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
After reading some of the contents of the manga maybe I should try this one.... (kinda interested on the story)
Old 2008-09-19, 18:09   Link #90
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Question for novel/manga readers: Does the main guy improve as the series progresses? On Wikipedia it says " He has the lowest psychic rank possible at Level 0—largely because the people testing psychic abilities can't detect or classify his abilities.". Does that mean he has other powers that nobody else knows about? 'cause I'm freaking tired of "looser boy gets stepped on by everybody", so it'd be cool if he improved.
Old 2008-09-19, 23:24   Link #91
elroid

What do you mean for improving? if u are saying his ability - imagine breaker, then guess it is a no, because it is still limited on the right hand. However, if you are saying physically or mentally improve such as stamina and bravery, then Touma should have improve lol.
Old 2008-09-20, 01:26   Link #92
elroid

part of the OP theme can be heard in the radio broadcast, it should be the type of song i liked.

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorob...dex/radio.html
Old 2008-09-20, 10:27   Link #93
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
What do you mean for improving? if u are saying his ability - imagine breaker, then guess it is a no, because it is still limited on the right hand.
Well... Yeah, something like that. I mean, he lives in a world where everybody has superpowers, and his are the lowest ranked ones. I imagine he gets a lot of shit for it, so it'd be cool if there was more to him than that. I'm really really tired of "handicapped" male leads, when the guy is less than everybody else.
Old 2008-09-20, 10:45   Link #94
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Well... Yeah, something like that. I mean, he lives in a world where everybody has superpowers, and his are the lowest ranked ones. I imagine he gets a lot of shit for it, so it'd be cool if there was more to him than that. I'm really really tired of "handicapped" male leads, when the guy is less than everybody else.
The story goes the classic he has the most powerful ability but its undetectable and bothersome.
I've seen this a lot in manga although anime don't come to mind.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:01   Link #95
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Its typical shounen ideaology that the protaganist gets more powerful over time. Not to say its on the same level as a typical shounen story, 'cuz its not. Regardless, even IF he only has Imagine Breaker throughout the manga, he'll have to use his ingenuity to win in battles. In that sense, it'd be similar to Kazuki from Mx0, and would be pretty interesting to see Touma in that regard(much like he did with Magnius).

And yes, I copied this from my post in the manga thread .
Old 2008-09-20, 12:08   Link #96
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
part of the OP theme can be heard in the radio broadcast, it should be the type of song i liked.

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorob...dex/radio.html
For those of you who are lazy to go through all 32 minutes the thing to hear it, the song starts at 19:25.
Old 2008-09-23, 06:23   Link #97
Same_Shark

The ED is "Rimless~フチナシノセカイ~" by IKU.
Old 2008-09-23, 17:27   Link #98
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
The story goes the classic he has the most powerful ability but its undetectable and bothersome.
I've seen this a lot in manga although anime don't come to mind.
Hmm... Kinda like Maburaho then...

Btw, is there any romance between Toma and Index or is this strictly an action/comedy series?
Old 2008-09-27, 13:16   Link #99
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Now this is something I've completely missed.

I knew JC Staff was going to do Toradora, though looking at the trailer, it seems most of their resources have gone into this. And with Kawada Mami doing the songs, this show already has the Shana and Fate/stay night vibes, though whether JC Staff succeeds is another question altogether. (Not that I'm saying it won't. )

This is going to be a busy anime season, yup.
Old 2008-09-27, 13:19   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

They played what I'm pretty sure is the OP during the 2nd PV for this (1:16), sounds fairly good if you like her stuff, PV is pretty much the same scenes as the first PV though.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen