AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 12:16   Link #1
Otaku_In_Training

Looking for a comedy outside of school

I am looking for some comedies that does not focus around school life. Usually most of the comedies that does not involve school that I seen are action/comedy, but right now I am not looking for something that focus on action too. The only ones I seen like that are Detroit Metal City, Skip Beat!, and Arakawa Under the Bridge.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 2010-05-01, 13:53   Link #2
Smithsky

I'll recommend Golden Boy.
Old 2010-05-01, 15:55   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I am gonna say try Bakemonogatari because despite the "technically" school setting it has almost zero reliance on the typical school life for it's comedy.

Also the currently airing series Working is a comedy that you should try since it deals with comedy on a work setting rather than school .
MAL
Old 2010-05-01, 16:30   Link #4
Niji

Did Oh! Edo Rocket involve school in the later epis? not seen all yet, so I am not sure, but it should fit the bill from what I saw.
also kousetsu hyaku monogatari, that one is mixted though. comical totally, but also quite horrory, and trippy.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:58   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, there are no school scenes in Rocket. I doubt the Shogunate would have let any of the characters into an educational institution! Well, maybe except for Sora....

Two recent shows about animals living with Japanese families are pretty funny -- Chi's Sweet Home/New Address and Higepiyo. The latter includes a wonderful performance by Paku Romi in the role of a talking chick who yearns to follow the samurai path.

Hare and Guu attend school in Jungle wa Itsumo Hale noche Guu, but I wouldn't call it a school comedy. There's plenty of other weird and hilarious goings-on outside school as well.

In Welcome to the NHK! the characters have finished with school and lead "lives of quiet desperation" (to use Thoreau's words) as young adults. The show veers from hilariously funny to sad and depressing.
Closed Thread