AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-20, 12:05   Link #21
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Wow, 13-14 years old? I guess they look so old because the mangaka wanted to emphasise the shift in time.

Spoiler:

Everything seemed fine in this episode, but I really hope they don't downplay the drama element, which the manga apparently does. The next episode looks promising in that aspect, though.

Btw, did anyone else think at first that Komori's friend was one of his generic team members from season 1?
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:44   Link #22
kobun

again whats with the weird numbers for the subs.. isnt that supposed to be ep1, of 2nd season, not 27 its odd when all the raws, say 2nd seaons ep01, ep02 and what not

about the ages, i think they might be a little older, around 15-16, they said they 3 years in junior high so thats 9th grade... which makes sense.. since little league can only played by 11-12 year olds... as the offical little league rules...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:53   Link #23
Athanor

Well it's the same show, not another act like for Full Metal Panic.

Do they rename by season for anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball ? But you're all free to rename the file if you want, i don't even get why it's an issue for you guys.

And next episode is gonna be labelled 28 sorry ^__^
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:56   Link #24
jewbagel
-!-

Send a message via AIM to jewbagel
Since MJN subbed the first series I assume they just wanted to keep it correlative, their choice. If any other groups that are subbing it they'll probably use the "season 2 01" naming since they didn't do the first season. Not a big deal

And Komori's friend does look like one of the "other" members of the Dolphins, not sure if he actually is though...
jewbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:56   Link #25
hooliganj
Team Player

Gorou was 9 when he joined the Dolphins. By the end of the season he was 10. Fast forward 4 years from the end, and he is now 14 years old. If this were taking place in the US, they would be entering high school, but since this is Japan, they are just starting their final year of middle school.

And yeah, Komori's Vice-Captain Oobayashi does bear a certain resemblance to Tanabe from the Dolphins. They are both really tall for their age, have the same head shape and haircut, and even play the same position at first base. The facial features are different, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anathor
Do they rename by season for anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball?
It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but just for the record, those shows don't wait 6 months between seasons. Even Dragon Ball changed to Dragon Ball Z in a week.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 14:18   Link #26
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Btw, did anyone else think at first that Komori's friend was one of his generic team members from season 1?
I thought the same thing as well. I'm guessing Komori and Goro will be the only players left from the Dolphis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
And yeah, Komori's Vice-Captain Oobayashi does bear a certain resemblance to Tanabe from the Dolphins. They are both really tall for their age, have the same head shape and haircut, and even play the same position at first base. The facial features are different, though.
So the long-haired bully doesn't play first? It looked like he was playing first in the OP, but that is a bad way to judge those kind of things. So where does he play, third?

I guess I should of expected this to start like the 2nd part of season 1 did. With the team not having enough players and people bullying around Komori.
Elvanvitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 06:24   Link #27
Athanor

And new Major is released XD
the show will start finally ^__^
Old 2005-12-23, 14:27   Link #28
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Question

Is Major being subbed by another group ('Gokuraku' or 'GPC') apart from MJN or is MJN & GCP doing it together?

I ask this because the Major 28 v2's link directs to a.scarywater.net/mjn, and in there we can find the torrents for Major's episodes from MJN and GPC separately. But considering GPC is in MJN's site I thought it was a co-production, like I've seen with other fansubbers.

If it's not a co-production, however, I was wondering if you could tell me with is better, MJN or GPC version? ^^
Old 2005-12-23, 16:20   Link #29
Athanor

GCP is the french version.
Old 2005-12-23, 17:11   Link #30
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
GCP is the french version.
Oh... Thanks.
Old 2005-12-24, 06:23   Link #31
Amuse
BECK

OMG, I just found out about season 2. Watched 27 and 28. Awesome!! Can't wait for 29!! I love this anime Thanks MJN
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 19:45   Link #32
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Hmm

Well, it seems there is drama in the second episode of the second season, but
Spoiler:
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 16:09   Link #33
Bane the ECF
Translator

You're welcome about the 2nd season. MJN almost didn't undertake releasing the 2nd season because their 1st season translator didn't/couldn't participate.

Bane
Bane the ECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 22:36   Link #34
Tonatale
Saizen staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
Do they rename by season for anime like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball ?
No, they don't on their official websites either. However, Major's official website, http://www3.nhk.or.jp/anime/major/, calls it "2nd series, 1st story." Since the anime makers distinctly call it the first episode of the new series, so shall I.
Tonatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 09:57   Link #35
Elvanvitar

Can't wait for the sub of ep3 to come out. I watched the raw, just need to know what their saying now Very good series.
Elvanvitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 13:55   Link #36
Bane the ECF
Translator

Episode 29 (S2x03) is scheduled to be released today 1/2 if all goes well.
Bane the ECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:37   Link #37
CaLBeaR
医者

Actually, I'm not a baseball fan myself. But I find "Major" a good story, and starting to be interested in baseball now.
CaLBeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:45   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Very familiar guest voice in ep 3...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 01:53   Link #39
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Baseball owns and so does Major. I've been wanting a good baseball show for years now, P9 was sorta entertaining but was still eh, especially in the baseball bits. Major fits the bill perfect. There are something like a gazillion volumes of Major Manga, so hopefully NHK will continue on for at least a few more seasons.

Yay shimizu
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 02:03   Link #40
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Goro is still a punk. Shimizu is still a sass. Komuri is still a pushover. Ah, the old characters are back. Gotta love Major.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports