AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-02, 23:36   Link #23241
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

'Moonies' founder Sun Myung Moon dies at 92

I remember watching a documentary about him. One of his ex-daughter in laws didn't have good memories about himparticular about spending donation money by his followers at Las Vegas. Or he funded anticommunist guerrillas in South America.
Old 2012-09-02, 23:50   Link #23242
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-03, 03:26   Link #23243
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

At Jackson Hole, a growing fear for Fed independence
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88109Q20120902

Bad news for movie fans, U.S. drought hits popcorn crop
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88101W20120902

Edit : 125 étudiants de Harvard accusés de triche ( 125 students of Harvard accused of cheating)
( article in french) http://www.lefigaro.fr/international...-de-triche.php
125 semm high, especialy than it's for a single test .

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-09-03 at 05:23.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:54   Link #23244
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In Beijing, Clinton to Discuss Island Disputes
Quote:
As part of a 10-day, six-nation swing through Asia that may include her last visit to China as secretary of state, Mrs. Clinton and her senior aides said that the United States would urge China to enter discussions with its neighbors over conflicting territorial claims in the South China Sea.

The Chinese have resisted holding such talks with the regional bloc, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, and since Mrs. Clinton’s last visit to Beijing in May, the Chinese have acted more boldly in the maritime disputes. Mrs. Clinton received support from Indonesia’s foreign minister, Marty Natalegawa, who has scrambled in recent weeks to forge a unified position among the association’s members to create a code of conduct aimed at averting clashes over the various claims.

“Absent a code of conduct, absent a diplomatic process, we can be certain of more incidents around the region,” he said, appearing with her.

With recent developments, however, it is not clear China is interested in any such code. The official media in China has adopted an increasingly confident tone in the South China Sea disputes, asserting that the United States should accept that it is in decline.
For those wondering about the comment that this may be Mrs. Clinton's last visit to China, that is not a prediction about the 2012 election. She has already announced that she intends to step down next year regardless of whether Barack Obama wins re-election.
Old 2012-09-03, 18:00   Link #23245
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...an-dead-at-54/

Very sad month for the Hollywood community. First, it was Tony Scott. Now, it's Michael Clarke Duncan.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:28   Link #23246
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

Very sad month for the Hollywood community. First, it was Tony Scott. Now, it's Michael Clarke Duncan.
Guess I'm not gonna be getting that five dollars then
Old 2012-09-04, 03:43   Link #23247
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

No....... Not Big Mike.
Old 2012-09-04, 05:19   Link #23248
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Election day for Québec.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4517191/
A hard choice this time; the PLQ is probabl the more competend but have lost the trust of too many, the CAQ don't have much credibility but some few star-candidate, ad the PQ seem to live on his own world and the referendom or the sovereignty than much of his core members want is only wanted by a small part of the population ...
Old 2012-09-04, 05:32   Link #23249
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hope no one post this yet...

Teen Lashed for having Pre-Marital Sex
Old 2012-09-04, 08:01   Link #23250
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hope no one post this yet...

Teen Lashed for having Pre-Marital Sex
I think a comment offered by one misogynist fails-the-human-test jackass in the article says it all:

Quote:
Another, identified as Dhivehi Hanguraama, volunteered to administer the lashing.
"I myself would volunteer to whip this creature, as would any of self-respecting, esteemed, members of the ulama (religious scholars)."
Much of the world is still backward, ignorant (no matter crap paper/scroll/book they wave around as justification), and misogynist. This is more of that, Wahhabi Islam on the ugly end.
Old 2012-09-04, 10:32   Link #23251
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Election day for Québec.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4517191/
A hard choice this time; the PLQ is probabl the more competend but have lost the trust of too many, the CAQ don't have much credibility but some few star-candidate, ad the PQ seem to live on his own world and the referendom or the sovereignty than much of his core members want is only wanted by a small part of the population ...
I second that opinion from where I am too. The PLQ still earns a lot of respect for holding the province out of the hole caused by the global financial crisis. The CAQ should soon rise into a confirmed strong political party in 2 years at the most. Meanwhile, the PQ and their members embody a lot of the bigotry that a number of unilingual French Quebeckers show towards Anglos and Allophones (who, let's be honest, speak at least 2-3 languages well enough for most of them, including French and English). Since the 1995 referendum and its aftermath, I swore I'd never vote for the PQ as long as a strong racist tag hangs upon their heads like it does this time.

I hope it isn't so, but a PQ-led government would be a nightmare for Allophones like me and Anglophones who never said no in learning another language (French) when established here. Bigotry, racism, discrimination and out-of-reality thinking to come if that happens.
Old 2012-09-04, 13:41   Link #23252
konart

You know that shit just got real when

Chuck Norris Warns America "1000 years of Darkness" if Obama Wins
YouTube
Old 2012-09-04, 14:03   Link #23253
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Chuck's been a loose screw for decades. Nothing new here.
Old 2012-09-04, 14:05   Link #23254
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I hope it isn't so, but a PQ-led government would be a nightmare for Allophones like me and Anglophones who never said no in learning another language (French) when established here. Bigotry, racism, discrimination and out-of-reality thinking to come if that happens.
You should also beware of the CAQ, they aren't as bad nor as dogmatic as the PQ but they still have eated-up the ADQ.
At least, there's the possibility of a minority gouvernment, which usualy end up to last shorter.
Old 2012-09-04, 17:07   Link #23255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
You know that shit just got real when

Chuck Norris Warns America "1000 years of Darkness" if Obama Wins
YouTube
Sorry Chuck, but you can only get hit in the head so many times... frankly, "celebrity" (B list? C list?) endorsements for any party are insulting attempts at currying favor. There's often a reason they give them their lines to read.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:00   Link #23256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Chuck's expansion for World of Warcraft will be out soon (Mists of Pandaria). That is enough.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:25   Link #23257
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You should also beware of the CAQ, they aren't as bad nor as dogmatic as the PQ but they still have eated-up the ADQ.
At least, there's the possibility of a minority gouvernment, which usualy end up to last shorter.
It looks to be so. Still, the sight of PQ winning the election really irks me considering how their platform is really not solid and how racist/sectarian the people of this party are.

What's even worse is how the PQ are looking to reinforce that infamous Bill 101 about forcing people to send their kids into French schools and mostly block people from attending English schools. Who the feck would need a bill about languages at school and also go against bilingualism when knowing 2 languages or more with some fluency is always helpful?
Old 2012-09-04, 22:57   Link #23258
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He became an Internet meme.
Old 2012-09-05, 00:04   Link #23259
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I blame Bruce Lee for making him snap by tearing out his chest hair.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-05, 00:51   Link #23260
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
YouTube
I have to say, this is exactly why I never liked jury trials.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international