AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 11:25   Link #421
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Just saw the first two eps right now, seems good so far and the mecha design is quite catchy too, I just hope that they keep it up.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 11:25   Link #422
desrtsku
Nympholept

Oh, yeah, I forgot the main boss is a pirate woman with an ultra-nice body. I still feel bad for my bros but she should make up for their loss.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:49   Link #423
bastek66

I love these scenes
Spoiler for gifs:

Last edited by bastek66; 2013-04-09 at 15:14.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 12:10   Link #424
leokiko

^you should spoiler tag that, as not everyone here watched the second episode (I did though).

Last edited by leokiko; 2013-04-09 at 14:15.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:01   Link #425
Kirarakim

Although it isn't anything major it would be nice if people were considerate to those waiting for the legal stream and not post spoilers outside a cut for episode 2.

Thank you!
Old 2013-04-09, 15:41   Link #426
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I love these scenes
They even made the night sky move during the dance. Now that's what I call dedication to quality.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:33   Link #427
Domonkazu

definitely my fav series this season
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:20   Link #428
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Oh, yeah, I forgot the main boss is a pirate woman with an ultra-nice body. I still feel bad for my bros but she should make up for their loss.
the so said boss
Spoiler for ラケージ:
Old 2013-04-09, 19:59   Link #429
jzmagic
flargansbog

Lol the lasers are like the the weapons from War of the Worlds where they just make you go poof!
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:26   Link #430
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
So anyone want to take a guess at how the Gargantia's crew will respond after witnessing what a dedicated annihilation weapon is capable of.

Bellows and Amy didn't seem particularly overjoyed at the fact that Red vaporized the pirates.
SHOCKED is the term that comes to mind. Even in their wildest dreams, they probably could never have imagined something as instantaneously powerful as Jumbo-tron. Then the sudden, sinking feeling that life as we know it is changing, right here, right now, and not for the better. Oh, my God, what have we done?

On the other hand, maybe Red and Jumbo-tron will receive an over-joyous hero's welcome on returning to the ship...
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:37   Link #431
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Nanos powered by lightning sounds rather inefficient and unpredictable though.
could have been tons of lighting during the world ice age, maybe ice helps conduct electricity even faster than water (im not a scientist) and thus help break the ice up. still sounds good to me
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 21:01   Link #432
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
On the other hand, maybe Red and Jumbo-tron will receive an over-joyous hero's welcome on returning to the ship...
i really doubt that, i think they are gonna try to imprison him and his gonna let them cause he doesnt want to kill em all, i know its a serious dumb move to be hostile to a guy who can kill em all in minutes, but its an anime so its not gonna be realistic

on a different note, are there any other anime with premises like this anime, OP guy comes to an underdeveloped planet.etc
Old 2013-04-09, 21:14   Link #433
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
on a different note, are there any other anime with premises like this anime, OP guy comes to an underdeveloped planet.etc
IIRC You can find (kinda) similar premise in Macross Zero. It's just, the underdeveloped place is not a planet but an island. But I think the concept of "high-tec dude stranded on low-tech place" is already done to death, not only in anime but also in Hollywood movies like Outlander, etc. I just can’t mention some specific titles right now
Old 2013-04-09, 21:15   Link #434
garbage

definitely feels like another version of the various A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court story. At least that's what I thought of immediately at the start of Ep1 second half. But it's all good that's one of those stories I loved when I was a kid
Old 2013-04-09, 21:57   Link #435
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
i really doubt that, i think they are gonna try to imprison him and his gonna let them cause he doesnt want to kill em all, i know its a serious dumb move to be hostile to a guy who can kill em all in minutes seconds in the blink of an eye, but its an anime so its not gonna be realistic
Fixed that for ya. Anyhow, I don't know how they would think they would be able to imprison him after witnessing Jumbo-tron's power. I'd be more inclined to think he would come back and tell them all that now he's taking over things whether they like it or not. Besides, I don't think Red would give a second thought to vaporizing the whole, bloody lot of them. Jumbo-tron certainly couldn't care less.

It does, however, make me wonder just how all-pervasive Jumbo-tron can be. Can he protect Red, no matter what? If, for instance he (Jumbo-tron) is on deck and Red is below, Red would be vulnerable to a sniper attack.

Anyhow, I just noticed that this anime is tagged harem (below). What??? Do all the women now wanna have Jumbo-tron's babies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
definitely feels like another version of the various A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court story. At least that's what I thought of immediately at the start of Ep1 second half. But it's all good that's one of those stories I loved when I was a kid
Now that you mention it, it's sort of a mix of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and Gulliver's Travels, with Red playing the part of the Yankee and Jumbo-tron playing Gulliver.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:48   Link #436
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent so far. Nice animation. Good story. I love the colour palette, especially around Gargantia. There are many directions the show could go, and I'm hoping for a good one. The basic Gulliver/Connecticut Yankee situation has hardly been "done to death." There are lots of exciting possibilities.

But being me, I am almost most excited about the voices. The two main humans, in particular. This is the best I have ever liked Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl). Her "sugoi, sugoi, sugoi" about the machine was just terrific, in my opinion.

And this is Ishikawa Kaito's first big role. He is also playing Manatsu (the boy twin) in Red Data Girl. His gentle and serious manner is bridging the gap between this character's origins in an unusual, regimented society and his role as a potential male romantic lead.

Kanemoto-san is 25. Ishikawa-kun is only 19:

Ishikawa is a new member of the Pro-Fit agency, a formerly minor agency that already has Okamoto Nobuhiko, Yuuki Aoi and Kayano Ai. Someone there can pick good voices.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 23:46   Link #437
YourIdeas

Episode 2 felt like it dragged out, particularly because Ledo is just "stranded" on one of the cranks sticking out for 90% of the episode (lol), but the additional background is quite interesting and provides a large contrast between Ledo and Gargantia's cultures. The interactions between Ledo and Amy are particularly well done, as I really feel that they both, at least for now, cannot verbally understand each other, but still have a lot of chemistry. (Which will probably be destroyed by a death, given urobochi)

The reactions are fun to watch and feel different from most series I've watched. All the adults are being highly cautious where most of the kids show a high level of curiosity. Amy in particular is a fun character to watch, and Kanemoto Hisako continues to impress me with her voice acting. Then once Ledo throws out the human-poof beams (complete with enemy-discrimination), you can see the "what the hell are we dealing with?" looks on everyone's faces.

Also digging the water world-esque environment.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 00:16   Link #438
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Excellent so far. Nice animation. Good story. I love the colour palette, .....

But being me, I am almost most excited about the voices. The two main humans, in particular. This is the best I have ever liked Kanemoto Hisako (Squid Girl). Her "sugoi, sugoi, sugoi" about the machine was just terrific, in my opinion.

Ishikawa is a new member of the Pro-Fit agency, a formerly minor agency that already has Okamoto Nobuhiko, Yuuki Aoi and Kayano Ai. Someone there can pick good voices.
yes I love those colors/backgrounds too, as i've said before feels Grandia, FF8
like ^^, very hmmm....adventury(?)

as for Kanemoto, she seems to be getting better and better, one my favorite voices these days along with Kayanon... that's some agency there, they really wont be minor for long with talents like that.
Old 2013-04-10, 00:56   Link #439
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
i really doubt that, i think they are gonna try to imprison him and his gonna let them cause he doesnt want to kill em all, i know its a serious dumb move to be hostile to a guy who can kill em all in minutes, but its an anime so its not gonna be realistic
One of the reason why they didn't try to fight Red in the first place is because some higher ups speculated he might be too strong of an opponent for them to handle ... and I don't think having that fact confirmed would suddenly change their line of thinking.
Old 2013-04-10, 03:59   Link #440
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I love these scenes
Spoiler for gifs:
Loved those scenes too!
Mind if I use the first one as a reaction gif on tumblr every now and then? x3
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, mecha, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, urobuchi