Old 2012-05-14, 09:35   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Koi dano Ai dano

Koi dano Ai dano
Genre: comedy, romance, school life, shoujo

Synopsis:
After being transferred from school to school during her middle school years, Kanoko has entered Takara no Tani High School with her friend Tsubaki. For some reason, she becomes the “Strategist” for Cultural Affairs Department in reference to the Three Kingdoms and ends up joining the Newspaper Club….?!

Note that this is a continuation of Warau Kanako-sama, which depicts Naedoko Kanako's 9th grade year of transferring from school to school while making observations of her surroundings and, for her own amusement, tends to stick her nose in things just enough to make a situation interesting(again for her own amusement). Pretty solid manga, though episodic. At 14 chaps, I'd recommend reading at least some of that before reading this story(it's well worth it =03).

Anyways, I love protagonists who are different from general stereotypes, and Naedoko REALLY fits that bill =03. I don't think I've[recently] ever seen a girl as refreshing as her as a MC(well, since Cheese in the Trap); she's very intelligent, observant, secretive, and cunning. She is very calculating in just about everything she does which she generally purports with an evil grin >=03. The fact that nearly everything she does is for her own amusement greatly heightens the entertainment value(even her close friend Tsubaki constantly says she has a bad personality ).

Then you have Tsubaki Haru, who has an unrequited love for Naedoko. He's the good-looking, intelligent, and gets the attention of all the ladies(and guys) cause he stands out so much. I really like the interaction between the two, since he generally has a cool guy personality, but tends to get wrapped up in Naedoko's schemes(cause he cares about her so much).

On the surface, the story is about how Naedoko, for her own enjoyment, joins the nearly disbanded Newspaper Club in order to spark a battle of social dominance between themselves and the two other most popular factions/clubs, the Broadcasting Club and the Student Council(hence the "3 Kingdoms" ref in the synopsis). Both the BC and the SC have calculating chars in their ranks, so each of them can devise various ways to gather social power for their groups, which keeps things interesting. The other half is a romance story that focuses on Naedoko and Tsubaki. Due to Naedoko's observational role in her younger years, she doesn't really know how to act with friends, so Tsubaki takes advantage of that by having a lot of skinship with her . Even more amusing as she thinks it's natural of friends to do this, so he just lets him do what he wants, which tends to give people misunderstandings about their relationship.

Spoiler for up to 10:

Last edited by frubam; 2016-02-01 at 13:13.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 10:09   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

*Licks lips*

Delicious Kanoko.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:38   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Licks lips*

Delicious Kanoko.
Y'know, I don't even think she's godly attractive(yet), but seeing Tsubaki's perspective of her so much made her even more cuter than she probably is .

Old 2012-05-14, 18:01   Link #4
Kreceir

I certainly think that Kanoko is one of the best shoujo manga heroine out there.
(i hardly ever read them cause most heroine's are just to whiny..)

But she really really is way to dense with tsubaki
Tsubaki sure likes to take advantages of that

Sure she looks plain, but i like the way she already looks like.
Dont know why but just her character and her design really attracts me
Old 2012-05-14, 23:51   Link #5
Johnny
Working the bags...

They both remind me of Hikari and Kei from Special A. Although I think Kanoko isn't as dense as Hikari, but more of not thinking along those lines as much as Tsubaki wishes she would...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 02:07   Link #6
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Y'know, I don't even think she's godly attractive(yet), but seeing Tsubaki's perspective of her so much made her even more cuter than she probably is .
Who she is makes her delicious. Plus, those glasses!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 21:13   Link #7
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chp 11:

Old 2012-12-04, 05:21   Link #8
Pacify

Glad a group started translating this again.

Nanoko is by far and away the best MC from a shojou series ever. While the rest of the series may have some pretty typical shojou cliché, it doesn't really matter in the face of Nanoko awesomeness. One has to feel a bit sorry for Tsubaki tho, but I'm sure he will get there in the end, after all doesn't seem like he's going to give up
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 10:43   Link #9
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I just spent some time reading the first 14 chapters of this manga. First thing I can say is I'm amazed, we have a smart funny heroine that stands up to bullies, doesnt cry, and not a single person has tried to rape her in 14 chapters. this alone would put this on my favorites.

I really love the characters that I've seen so far. The villains can't really be called that because they are honestly no different than our heroine in her schemeing (well she's much worse tbh) Our hero is a strong willed good looking smart hero who has devided the world in two, Kanoko and things that are not Kanoko.

Anyway I really hope this gets a big following because I love how it's not all smutty with well made characters and a decent story. I'm kind of under the impression that we will run into some meaner characters in the comeing chapters but everyone so far seems pretty cool, especialy the broadcasting girl (does she seem kinda yuri for Kanoko to anyone else? mabey it's just my wishful thinking.)
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:52   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I love this manga. Wish more people knew about it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 17:53   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So regular releases are coming out again.

We also are getting some resolutions to side stories...

Does that mean this manga is heading for a wrap up?

I hope not. I want to watch Kanako's antic's all the way to graduation.

The romantic dynamics remind me a little bit of Last Game.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2014-04-28, 05:15   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Next Chapter out

Momo scolds Tsubaki. It was highly effective.

Kanako discovers breasts float in hot water.

Old 2015-06-18, 23:24   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Whelp, Kanako's getting hit with the hard questions...
Spoiler for chp 34:

Old 2016-02-01, 13:20   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chap 37:

Old 2016-02-07, 15:21   Link #15
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

I thought that was the end. Wasn't it the end?

Old 2016-02-07, 15:44   Link #16
BlazingKyogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I thought that was the end. Wasn't it the end?
It's not like most shonen romances where they confess in their love to each other at the end like in Cross Game, Bakuman or whatever.

Shoujo romances mostly shows how they'll face their trials in their intimate relationship.
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 03:47   Link #17
BlazingKyogre

WTH!! It is ending?! Okay....
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 21:12   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Unfortunately so =02. Well it's always good when an author knows when to call it quits. The whole "Three Kingdoms" aspect was pretty good while it lasted, I would have liked to see more of that, but as far as the romance goes, its finished. As much as I'd like to see it continue, the last thing I'd want is to see Kanako falling into typical shoujo pit traps just to elongate the story =01.

Old 2016-02-27, 21:56   Link #19
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Even if ending it was a very enjoyable ride. Booth the first manga and this manga have been really good and in so many ways!
Old 2016-02-29, 10:43   Link #20
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I agree. When the final chapter comes out, I'm going to start reading Koi Nahi Ai Nashi again and end up on reading the final chapter. Hopefully i can do it over the weekend. Also I've heard rumors that there may be another spin off story. I'm hoping for a story about Momo-chan.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, transfer student