2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-26, 00:38   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 45 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 45.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 03:42   Link #2
Irenesharda

Ughhhhh! RUSTALLLLL!!!

Wow, while I expected a depressing episode, instead this episode has me absolutely jittery with adrenaline.

Like before, this battle takes place in media res, with the battle already in full swing. While still wholly outnumbered, Tekkadan and McGillis' forces are holding there own. However, Rustal, the absolute JERK, decides to do a trick worthy of Idiok (I thought you were better than this Rustal. ) and has a plant/traitor among Macky's forces that shoots a lone Danslief shot at Rustal's forces before killing himself. Rustal uses this as an excuse to employ his own Dansleif team to completely destroy Macky's forces, crippling the one of Tekkadan's ships, Flauros, and killing Riza Enza and his ship.

Macky, pissed off decides to go out himself, and rallies his troops in quite a heroic scene. While he does this, Orga is deciding what to do, but Shino won't be beat and rallies Tekkadan's side as well. Gaelio and Kimaris come out there to face Bael/Macky, but Isurugi and McGillis' men keep him busy, sacrificing their own lives in order to keep away from Macky.

Once McGillis is able to put together his own troops, he goes back and faces Gaelio himself.

It's just such a jazzed up scene with everyone giving it their all. However, after a few heartfelt scenes, you can feel one death flag in particular rise above the others.

Spoiler for Major Character Death:

The battle continues next week!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 04:03   Link #3
FerrusManus

So...

Spoiler for who is:
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 04:08   Link #4
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
So...

Spoiler for who is:
Spoiler for major death info:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-26, 05:41   Link #5
tdx

There goes Shino. And he missed the shot, didn't he? Even with his Alayashiki breaching the safe limit...

That was one insanely intense ride, I was trying not to even blink so that I wouldn't miss anything. I'm speechless right now and definitely need to calm down first. And see the PV when Daisuki's version is out since broadcast doesn't do pvs anymore.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 05:57   Link #6
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
There goes Shino. And he missed the shot, didn't he? Even with his Alayashiki breaching the safe limit...

That was one insanely intense ride, I was trying not to even blink so that I wouldn't miss anything. I'm speechless right now and definitely need to calm down first. And see the PV when Daisuki's version is out since broadcast doesn't do pvs anymore.
Try youtube.....
Cuz in there they show us the pv for the next eps
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 05:58   Link #7
tdx

The youtube link is region-blocked for me, so waiting for Daisuki...
Old 2017-02-26, 06:01   Link #8
Aetherdraw

Ahhh....damnit...wtf Julietta...argh!!
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 06:08   Link #9
konart

With all due respect - the idiocy of space battles is astonishing in IBO.
Old 2017-02-26, 06:08   Link #10
Azurial

And that conclude the end of our Ryusei-GO if only Tekkadan can afford more Dainsleif talk about a dickmove using Dainsleif -_- Rustal you bring entire fleet to fight but to retreat and use Dainsleif -_- what a pussy
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 06:13   Link #11
tdx

One confession to make. I was neutral towards Julietta, but now I want to see the foreshadowing in the opening with her being on the same (red) side as Lafter come true. She needs to be put down.
Old 2017-02-26, 06:16   Link #12
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
And that conclude the end of our Ryusei-GO if only Tekkadan can afford more Dainsleif talk about a dickmove using Dainsleif -_- Rustal you bring entire fleet to fight but to retreat and use Dainsleif -_- what a pussy
Good and the only sane move so far. This is not 12th century cavalry battle or something (but hey, even then they would use bows and arrows).

You can't expect any good thinking from a bunch of ex-slave kids I guess, but chocoguy seriously disappointed me.

I'm yet here waiting for characters to realise that they are fight in the fucking space and can act in 3 dimensions, not only in one plane. Is that too much to ask?

No back up for a surprise attack? Also great move.
Old 2017-02-26, 06:23   Link #13
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
You can't expect any good thinking from a bunch of ex-slave kids I guess, but chocoguy seriously disappointed me.
Using their Dainsleif to try and take out the enemy leader IS some good thinking, especially for Shino who usually acts pretty brainless. It took Rustal by surprise at the very least, and had it suceeded, it would've ended the battle. So I strongly disagree on that point.

McGillis though... it's like he's half-asleep or something. He better wake up before he's sent to sleep with eternal slumber.
Old 2017-02-26, 06:32   Link #14
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Lol at the above detractor who thinks ex-slaves lack brains - talk about real archaic thinking and racism...

To begin with, Tekkadan and McGillis' revolutionary faction were sorely outnumbered; they did well given their dreadful circumstances and the balance of power and resources at play. Why McGillis just dived head-first into battle without as much of a backup plan is beyond me: he probably gambled everything on Bael and Tekkadan, former to rally his mutinous troops and the latter as his trump card. We also surely cannot rule out Kudelia making her stage in the coming episodes, or Teiwaz for that matter.

At the very least, Tekkadan just muscled their way behind enemy lines, and might just deal some serious damage while Rustal's forces are in disarray. Furthermore, we still have 5 episodes left - there's bound to be a wildcard somewhere that would turn the tide of battle in Tekkadan's favour.

Whether Shino's dead, kudos to the man *salutes*
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 06:40   Link #15
Irenesharda

I actually really liked McGillis this episode. Maybe I'll get a different impression once I get the full subs in an area I have access to.

Rustal pissed me off. I was like, you have more than twice the number that your enemy has, why don't you just put them to good use? But no, he has to cheat and do a a false flag operation to make his enemy look like they shot first so he could bring out his entire Dainsleif armada?

I like how Shino had a pretty good idea to use their own weapons against them, though it looked like the ammo Shino used wasn't the same as the illegal rounds that Rustal was using?

And then Julietta had to hit him and make him lose his shot! And he dies in a blaze! (Maybe? No body yet...)
Come on Mika! Get serious!

This is going to take them a miracle to win. With a huge group of their number decimated, if Tekkadan and Macky make it through this, they honestly deserve to take over considering the odds they had to overcome.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-26, 06:49   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

That despair feeling the moment you watched Shino missed . Man this series is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Good and the only sane move so far. This is not 12th century cavalry battle or something (but hey, even then they would use bows and arrows).

I'm yet here waiting for characters to realise that they are fight in the fucking space and can act in 3 dimensions, not only in one plane. Is that too much to ask?

No back up for a surprise attack? Also great move.
Sane from your POV, perhaps? Don't forget that this war is also a PR war. This universe has laws that forbid everyone from using Dainsleif, and G-Horn can't use it unless their enemy use it first otherwise the public will see them as the criminal/villain. So Rustal tried to legalize his action by planting that spy on McG's faction to shoot a Dainsleif to the point of sacrificing a part of Arian fleet. Also, you know Tekkadan was doing a good job when even Rustal was surprised.
Old 2017-02-26, 06:51   Link #17
B214

Outnumbered, outsmarted and out-weapon. This isn't really going well for Choco and Tekkadan. That said Shino almost succeeded in ending the battle. From the preview it seems like Julietta might die.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 06:56   Link #18
vic-vic

I sides with Rustal in this conflict. Why the hell should he send his subordinates in a bloody quagmire if he can use a rail-guns and wipe the enemies out, without needless sacrifaces of his men?

Sorry, if Tekkadan and Mackie want to play HARD, why should Rustal be nice to them?
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 07:01   Link #19
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Come on Mika! Get serious!
Well, Mika doesn't change. His little moment in this episode when he was asking if Orga was OK (this is one of the few times his voice sounded panicky and he was very visibly relieved when Orga answered) only reminded us again that Orga for him is not just top priority, he probably takes all the positions from 1 through 50 on Mika's priority list. Tekkadan's members and Atra follow only after that.

Well, I seriously hope Orga isn't being set up to die soon just to trigger Mika into all-annihilating self-destructive murderous rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
I sides with Rustal in this conflict. Why the hell should he send his subordinates in a bloody quagmire if he can use a rail-guns and wipe the enemies out, without needless sacrifaces of his men?

Sorry, if Tekkadan and Mackie want to play HARD, why should Rustal be nice to them?
He can't use them. They're outlawed. He employed a very dirty trick to justify using them. The subordinates, both his and McGillis', are just meat to him, tools that translate into his power, nothing more than that, and it should be very obvious from his words in this episode, as well as his assignment to Julietta. He's the biggest bastard among all of those currently present on the battlefield from both sides, including the war crimer extraordinare Iok and backstabber McGillis.
Old 2017-02-26, 07:06   Link #20
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post

What are you talking about, Rustal basically just proved everything that McGillis said was wrong with Gjallerhorn. He wants to use illegal weapons but he has to cover his tracks, so he plants a spy and has him shot a single dansleif at his own forces, to give him "justification" to use hundreds of dansleif units at McGillis' group. It's crafty and smart, but very, very dirty, and in most circles would be a crime.

Rustal is just very good at getting rid of evidence as the spy killed himself. He's pretty much as dirty as Iok, he just knows how to cover his tracks better.

This actually puts Iok's own actions into perspective. He does what Rustal does, he just doesn't know how to cover it very well. In fact from the look Iok gives him, I'm wondering if he finds Rustal being a little hypocritical too. And also, what he tells Julietta feels like he's using her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Well, Mika doesn't change. His little moment in this episode when he was asking if Orga was OK (this is one of the few times his voice sounded panicky and he was very visibly relieved when Orga answered) only reminded us again that Orga for him is not just top priority, he probably takes all the positions from 1 through 50 on Mika's priority list. Tekkadan's members and Atra follow only after that.
I did like that moment too. There was rare emotion in his voice!

Though I would put Atra a little higher up after last week. I think it's Orga, Atra, and then the rest of Tekkadan.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu