Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-06, 14:47   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
I think that the animes based off the ribon-nakayoshi-lala-ect. mags tend to be on the cheap side. Most the the voices are newcomers to the business, and use that series as a stepping stone or a learning environment.
Also, shoujo anime tend to not get as many sponsors or as much of a budget, so things will have to be toned down. Of course, this means cheaper DVDs a lot of times XD
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 15:04   Link #22
chamelean75

I love this anime. Of all the first episodes I've seen so far of recent anime, Phantom The Animation, The Ugly and beautiful world, and Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak, this anime has to be my favorite so far. Maybe I'm getting tired of action animes hehehe. It seems like I seem to enjoy the non-action ones a lot more now or maybe because all the actions ones seem so shallow with over done plot lines.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 16:22   Link #23
NeverRamza

What was with the Animax logo on the bottom right? Is that the TV station this aired on or did the fansubber put that there?
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 16:29   Link #24
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
What was with the Animax logo on the bottom right? Is that the TV station this aired on or did the fansubber put that there?
Thats the TV station logo. Lots of fansubs have the station logos since they capture the raws from tv.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:00   Link #25
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, in the very beginning I noticed when that one lady walks the little girl up to that house on the gate is the kanji "katakura". I recognize the kanji for Kura, which means warehouse, depository, etc. but I'm not sure about the first one. It looks a lot like the Kata kanji for "people". Almost like the name reads "people depository". Am I right, or am I kinda off on that assumption?
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:25   Link #26
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

I loved Yuzuyu's voice. Apparently, she's voiced by Miyu Tsuzurahara, nine years old! A very talented nine year old for sure, and her performance was perfect. I don't think an adult could have done it quite like her. There's something real about how Yuzuyu sounds, and looks. That baleful blank stare that some little kids have was captured very well in the way she was drawn.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:51   Link #27
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hey, in the very beginning I noticed when that one lady walks the little girl up to that house on the gate is the kanji "katakura". I recognize the kanji for Kura, which means warehouse, depository, etc. but I'm not sure about the first one. It looks a lot like the Kata kanji for "people". Almost like the name reads "people depository". Am I right, or am I kinda off on that assumption?
That kata is leaf or sheet.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 21:24   Link #28
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleguu
I actually like Yuzu-chan's seiyuu (Miyu Tsuzurabara. I think. She's obviously a young girl from the voice.). It's really sweet. The part where Yuzu-chan was telling Kippei:

"Yuzu...wants to...eat Mama's rice balls. But Yuzu...can never finish them...and has some leftover...That's why Mama...hates Yuzu...now. Yuzu...will be a good girl. So...take Yuzu...to where Mama is! Yuzu...really...loves Mama!"

OMG, I wanted to cry. Hehe.
I wanted to cry too....because Yuzu can't speak more than 3 words without pausing! It was irritating to me, I was like "Spit it out already BRAT!" Seriously that pausing in Yuzu's speaking was the only thing I really disliked about this episode. I hope they put her in a speech therapy school

Overall though I thought it was great. The opening and ending with all the frames of the Kippei and Yuzu together was a heart-melter. I think its funny how Kippei is the pimp at his high school, I totally didn't expect the main character to take that kind of role.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:24   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Overall though I thought it was great. The opening and ending with all the frames of the Kippei and Yuzu together was a heart-melter. I think its funny how Kippei is the pimp at his high school, I totally didn't expect the main character to take that kind of role.
I'm thinking that's the point of the show, to show how a reckless, immature playboy deals with responsibility and how he matures through truly caring for someone.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:27   Link #30
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I like the story, very sweet and heart warming. It kind of reminds me of akachan to boku but I prefer the art from akachan to boku. Somehow the art of aishiteruzu baby kind of bothers me. It's not very 'smooth'. But overall, this show looks good.

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:36   Link #31
ACE2003

I think this series is so kawaii! But I can't believe that Yuzu's mother just up and abandonned her daughter like that?!! Crazy stuff. Doesn't seem to be a real plot here, correct me if I am wrong. I am wondering will Yuzu's mother come back to clam her child? I think I am going to go ahead and continue with the series. I am enjoying it alot since I haven't read the manga, so I'm not too sure how Kippel will handle Yuzu and his playboy lifestyle.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:41   Link #32
emessen

her mom did not just up and abandon her...

obviously... plans were made beforehand to leave yuzuyu with other family
members while the mother goes off and sorts out who she is... or whatever...

she just couldnt tell yuzuyu face to face goodbye because well...
as a mother it would be too hard for her...
Old 2004-04-06, 23:39   Link #33
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck
That kata is leaf or sheet.
Leaf?? So then...uh....I'm confused. If that Kanji means leaf or sheet, then the name doesn't make sence to me.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:48   Link #34
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Leaf?? So then...uh....I'm confused. If that Kanji means leaf or sheet, then the name doesn't make sence to me.
Makes more sense than a people warehouse. :P
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:54   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
A Japanese name doesn't have to make sense In fact if you actually try to define some of them they tend to get a bit strange.
Old 2004-04-07, 01:56   Link #36
chamelean75

This Anime Is Awesome!!!!!!! I Loved Episode!!!!!!!!!
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 01:59   Link #37
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I very nice surprise for me... generally I don't like those shoujo anime too much, but this looks interesting. the male lead can crack some funny jokes all the time, and all the characters are quite likeable
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 03:39   Link #38
Phych

I like the opening song.
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 21:47   Link #39
ACE2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
her mom did not just up and abandon her...

obviously... plans were made beforehand to leave yuzuyu with other family
members while the mother goes off and sorts out who she is... or whatever...

she just couldnt tell yuzuyu face to face goodbye because well...
as a mother it would be too hard for her...
I just watched it again to make sure....Yuzu was abandoned. The relatives didn't even know where Yuzu's mother was. She just "disappeared" if I am not mistaken. As Satsuki said, "She left without a trace." Nobody knew where she was. She didn't notify anyone that she was going to leave. The anime doesn't hint at all that she made these "plans" to leave Yuzu with her relatives.Unless I missing something key here. I am thinking that, if she did indeed needed some time to think, wouldn't she just drop off the child at the relatives house or something and tell them that, I need time to sort things out? It didn't appear that way as everyone was SHOCKED that she indeed disappeared. Doesn't sound like plans were made for Yuzu....

As for the mother not being able to tell her daughter goodbye, what type of crap is that? The daughter is 5 years old. No reason just to up and leave because your husband died and you don't feel you can raise the child on your own. Too hard for her, how would think it would be for the child to find out her own mother abandoned her and also not having a father......

Anyone here agree or disagree? Or I am missing something because I haven't read the manga.....
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 21:56   Link #40
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Maybe its just a simple excuse for the author to explain how little yuzu end up staying with 'playboy-onee-san'

this anime is turning me into a paedophile ~ er.. i mean i want to have a litttttlleee sister too.
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance