AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 27.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 24.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-19, 16:30   Link #181
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
That is highly unlikely. Why would Smith destroy the alliance with Aswald by taking Rena's body if any former Master Otome with children would work. Rena was evidently very special. And, considering the way Miyu sees her, Arika is also special. That makes it likely that Arika is really Rena's daughter and not the true princess. If they realized there was a traitor in the Castle, it is possible that Rena took her daughter as a decoy, pretending that she was the Princess, while someone she trusted took the real Princess to safety.
I think it would probably be very difficult to obtain the body of a dead meister otome. It seems like guarderobe buries all of the otome where fumi resides... probably just so people cannot get their bodies. And seeing how otome are the elite members of society, most societies probably won't just give away the bodies when they die.

I don't think that at this point in what we have learned in the plot, that it can be inferred that becuase shwarz took Rena's body, Rena was prechosen by them as a super special meister. She was simple very accessable.
Old 2006-02-19, 16:47   Link #182
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
I think it would probably be very difficult to obtain the body of a dead meister otome. It seems like guarderobe buries all of the otome where fumi resides... probably just so people cannot get their bodies. And seeing how otome are the elite members of society, most societies probably won't just give away the bodies when they die.

I don't think that at this point in what we have learned in the plot, that it can be inferred that becuase shwarz took Rena's body, Rena was prechosen by them as a super special meister. She was simple very accessable.
If Windbloom's Prime Minister of Internal Affairs was allied to Schwarz and Aswald at the time of the raid, he would likely had given permission to Smith to exhume and take Rena's remains.

With both the King and Queen gone and the princess missing, the next on line to receive the command authority would logically be the Prime Minister.
Old 2006-02-19, 16:50   Link #183
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Of course, there is a drawback.But if in real life some organization appeared and proclaimed that no technology invented in the past hundred years would be available to anyone but them because people can't use it properly without abusing it I doubt many people around the world would accept that.
Accepting it or not doesn't undermind that it's true. People do abuse power from time to time - that's why it should be very important on who we elect to public seats of power.
In MO, 300 years ago, whoever was in charge of the A-bombs and Hydro-Bombs sure messed up, turning a beautiful green planet into a continuous desert wasteland. Even Aswald's people suffer from radiation posioning some 300 years after the fact.

Now, who should decide something that important or not? Someone should. I can imagine how many irate people there will be in the world if normal cars were taken off the road to reduce the amount of air pollution, accidental deaths, drops in crime rate and other things like that. No one will look at those kind of bonuses, only the fact that they will care about is that they can't drive a car any more.

It may have been a tough decision for Fumi to set her own people back hunderds, even thousands of years, back to old-skool technology but this way, she was probably hoping that they will re-learn that there is a heavy price/responsibilty that comes with technology. It's usually people who don't earn their place in the world that ruin themselves and others in abusing whatever priviledges that come with it.
Old 2006-02-19, 17:47   Link #184
PastPrime

Quote:

Do you have any proof that all dead Meisters are buried at Guarderobe. All of the markers that we saw were for Otome killed during the war 50 years ago. And, seeing the high regard that Shwartz has for human life, they could kidnap a former master and make her dead. I think that they wanted Rena because she was special, probably a decendant of Fumi.
Old 2006-02-19, 17:55   Link #185
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Because the writers decided to rip-off the story of Moses from the Bible.

Of course, there is a drawback.But if in real life some organization appeared and proclaimed that no technology invented in the past hundred years would be available to anyone but them because people can't use it properly without abusing it I doubt many people around the world would accept that.
They might if it was after a world wide war that turn most of the planet into a desert.
Old 2006-02-19, 18:03   Link #186
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Accepting it or not doesn't undermind that it's true. People do abuse power from time to time - that's why it should be very important on who we elect to public seats of power.
In MO, 300 years ago, whoever was in charge of the A-bombs and Hydro-Bombs sure messed up, turning a beautiful green planet into a continuous desert wasteland. Even Aswald's people suffer from radiation posioning some 300 years after the fact.

Now, who should decide something that important or not? Someone should. I can imagine how many irate people there will be in the world if normal cars were taken off the road to reduce the amount of air pollution, accidental deaths, drops in crime rate and other things like that. No one will look at those kind of bonuses, only the fact that they will care about is that they can't drive a car any more.

It may have been a tough decision for Fumi to set her own people back hunderds, even thousands of years, back to old-skool technology but this way, she was probably hoping that they will re-learn that there is a heavy price/responsibilty that comes with technology. It's usually people who don't earn their place in the world that ruin themselves and others in abusing whatever priviledges that come with it.

I didn't say that people don't abuse power, they do it all the time. And I think Fumi (if alive) will probably learn that people never learn. But let's not go into a discussion about human nature and just say that technology is a double-edged sword, It would be quite an interesting ending if all the nano-machine technologies ended up being lost forever in the end.

BTW, I don't think we can be sure whether it was Atomic bombs or something even worse that destroyed the Black Valley.
Old 2006-02-19, 18:14   Link #187
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Err... Keep in mind that all Meisters who died in battle don't leave a corpse behind.

Rena only had a corpse because she died after retirement. The "tome" is most likely a memorial, with no actual corpses buried anywhere. It's probably reserved for Otomes who died in the line of duty.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:42   Link #188
Asianknight82
Banned

Well Rad did kill Rena, they wanted to give her a proper burial, but Schwartz wanted her body to produce GEMs, just like Garderobe does with er.. whats her name, the maid chick. Thats why they broke relations with Schwartz.
Old 2006-02-20, 17:28   Link #189
Mirtual

I just saw the episode.
Nice again. A lot more story development his time.

And YES! I have been right about Rena being dead.

I am just a little disappointed with the way they work Ninas character out. I think it is cheap to let someone fall to the "dark side" based on some misunderstandings and one or two actual events where nothing really happened, leaving an obvious way to turn back open. This screams for a change back to the good side. And to use such an story build up to create a clash between the protagonist and her best friend is just boring since it turns out to be too predictable. I would have liked it more when their conflict would have been created because their paths were simply different, but non of them did really something wrong or pseudo evil/bad. The key is determination on both sides. But well, they decided to do it the easy way.
Old 2006-02-20, 19:41   Link #190
astrallionheart

Yes it does seem pointless. We saw how Nina was before Arika, and had hoped she had opened up and changed. I mean, that's what progress is about right? For some, they could say they have seen this coming all along, but that would just make this a Greek Tragedy, and while they are fun to read and dissect, they aren't as fun to watch, because then we got caught up with our favorites battling and we don't like it.

Just like how Roger Ebert draws the same line between anime and real life; its hard to make the transition because while it might make a nice academic exercise, the viewers would be too distraught to really appreciate what they are saying. And I don't think its a Shakespearean thing; poor people identify with folk heroes and the rich can see the overall picture. They might; but you'd have too be too cynical not to get caught up with the "real" people in the mess rather than dissect it completely rationally (anyway that's not the reason we watch anime right?--except for maybe Cowboy Bebop)
Old 2006-02-25, 00:31   Link #191
Sakuya
*Artist

Edit:
Ack. I lost my place after the down time and placed my episode 20 comments in here. XD
Old 2006-02-25, 02:31   Link #192
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Err... Keep in mind that all Meisters who died in battle don't leave a corpse behind.

Rena only had a corpse because she died after retirement. The "tome" is most likely a memorial, with no actual corpses buried anywhere. It's probably reserved for Otomes who died in the line of duty.
Where did it say that? I don't remember them saying that anything special happened to the bodies of active Meister Otome who get killed.

And if the graveyard has no actual bodies, then why did Miss Maria start yelling at Arika and the others for "disturbing their oneesamas"when they snuck in there, and then made them apologize to Monica for "disturbing her rest" before they left? If her actual body wasn't there, then Miss Maria's anger and her insistance that they "apologize" makes no sense.
Old 2006-02-25, 03:52   Link #193
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko
Where did it say that? I don't remember them saying that anything special happened to the bodies of active Meister Otome who get killed.

And if the graveyard has no actual bodies, then why did Miss Maria start yelling at Arika and the others for "disturbing their oneesamas"when they snuck in there, and then made them apologize to Monica for "disturbing her rest" before they left? If her actual body wasn't there, then Miss Maria's anger and her insistance that they "apologize" makes no sense.
First, Green-sparkles is the standard way to die in the Mai-series.

Second, there are plenty of memorials out in the world that have no bodies buried anywhere near it, but that doesn't make the site any less sacred. Even when there is no corpse, people may still wish to prey for the dead or to remind themselves of past heroes. As such corpse-less tomes can be built.

Such sites should be respected, and those who broke etiquette at hallow-ground should rightfully apologize.
Old 2006-02-25, 04:10   Link #194
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It was pretty annoying to find that the board is down for 5 whole days after I had watched this ep and wanted to comment on it. Anyway...

Natsuki at her very best fanservice moments again, courtesy of Nao.

So Rena is really dead, and the wave frequencies emitted from her "womb" on Smith's castle railgun weapon is what caused the Garderobe "womb" to malfunction, which houses Fumi's body. I should hope they showed some flashback scenes of her in her Meister robe as in the OP animation.

Nina's turned to the Dark Side sooner than I expected. Even MH Shiho had more development on showing her futile attempts to make up with Tate and falling into a jealous rage.

I'm still looking forward to the return, or at least cameo, of Mai, and how large her role is.
(Random fftopic: GSD bashing: Just don't abuse her pwnage like Fukuda did with Kira PLEASE! )
Old 2006-02-25, 08:03   Link #195
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
thought the ep was intresting seeing Arika and Mashiro end up with midori and crew. Also the new gem that will allow any girl to become to An Otome thats geat but just because you recieve a robe doesnt mean your fighting skill will change you still need to train to master the suit. I also think that the stones will have some type of side effect on the girls. The truth about what to Rena was finally reveled and the person who kuilled her was the one who told. I am surprised that Arika kept her cool hopfully Aswald is not misusiing her body cause thats just wrong. ShizuruXTomo well i guess well have to wait and see we know that Shizuru loves Natsuki if anytjhing were to happen i think it was just be a way for her to escaped in other words use her. last and very funny leave to Natsuki and Nao to get arrested for indecent exposure i mean damn, did anyone else notice the thong?

Sorry if some of this doesnt make sense i had oral surgury and i am totally druged up rignht now becasue of the meds