AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-10, 04:02   Link #101
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Siegel Clyne: Fabulous... and we can guess what an upscale erudite lot they are (long laughter).

I swear, "one-note" fanatics are so.... small frogs croaking in a puddle? ... someone start some popcorn. Keep the reports coming
Old 2007-10-10, 05:44   Link #102
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Beverly Hills 90210! LOL!

Just by looking at nico, I could tell some of the negative responses, but to think it was to this extent...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 07:27   Link #103
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Repeatedly citing that members of the JC STAFF staff who are working on the KimiKiss pure rouge anime, led by director Kasai Ken'ichi, are known for doing anime aimed at female audiences - usually based on shoujo and josei manga (Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Mirumo de Pon!, etc.) - they accuse JC STAFF of, among other things, turning KimiKiss pure rouge into a shoujo manga and a cheap daytime soap opera watched by women, catering to fujoshi viewers and alienating otaku fans of the original game and the Shinonome manga, and ripping off Beverly Hills 90210!
Why this kind of reaction doesn't surprise me?
But now I have another reason to like Kimikiss anime . And based on the premise seem a fine series with lot of potential. I can say it's so "normal" to the extent of to be... err unusual? XD
This remind me a bit Asatte no Hoku, a very loose adaptation from the original work, but with incredible improvements.
Oh well not that I know the visual novel but let me guess... another typical brainless harem-like setting? Gotta love J.C.Staff in time like this... U_U
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 07:50   Link #104
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Oh well not that I know the visual novel but let me guess... another typical brainless harem-like setting? Gotta love J.C.Staff in time like this... U_U
I'm not sure how to say it since I rather enjoyed this adaption thus far even being a manga reader and a short-game player (( played it a little ))... but generally, re'nai game settings are always like that. There's rarely re'nai games which puts you in the role of multiple characters.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-10, 08:12   Link #105
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Before episode 1 of KimiKiss pure rouge aired anywhere in Japan, theye were only on the third KimiKiss pure rouge on the current anime board. Since episode 1 of KimiKiss pure rouge begin airing in Japan, starting in the Kansai region (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, etc.) of Japan on MBS, October 6, 2007, Saturday night, 11:00pm-, they are on the 20th KimiKiss pure rouge thread - and counting - on that board. And this excludes specified anti-KimiKiss pure rouge threads.

(Each thread consists of 1,000 responses, replies, or posts.)

I stop following the KimiKiss pure rouge threads on the 2ch current anime board (after the 11th one), like I have done over a year ago with the Rozen Maiden threads on the 2ch current and past anime boards. Just too many posts in too short of a time.

At 2ch, the many male fans of the original KimiKiss game and the subsequent KimiKiss seinen manga by Shinonome Tarou serialized in Young Animal hate the KimiKiss pure rouge anime.

Repeatedly citing that members of the JC STAFF staff who are working on the KimiKiss pure rouge anime, led by director Kasai Ken'ichi, are known for doing anime aimed at female audiences - usually based on shoujo and josei manga (Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Mirumo de Pon!, etc.) - they accuse JC STAFF of, among other things, turning KimiKiss pure rouge into a shoujo manga and a cheap daytime soap opera watched by women, catering to fujoshi viewers and alienating otaku fans of the original game and the Shinonome manga, and ripping off Beverly Hills 90210!

Entertaining.
Yea...All that did was to confirm to me that this show has the potential to be pretty enjoyable.

The more shoujo romance out there the better I say...There's already enough shonen out there this season anyway...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 08:48   Link #106
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

I jumped on this as soon as I found out Kasai Ken'ichi was in charge of this project, since I just absolutely loved Honey & Clover and Nodame Cantabile. This... this is interesting. Big cast of characters, but all serve some sort of purpose. The characters are sort of generic, but they're the types that can easily overcome the archetypes they're based on with a bit of character development. The interactions are really well done, and the comedy is surprisingly snappy and really well timed. And Mao is a really fun character.

This looks like it could be a winner, particularly with Kasai at the helm. It's new ground for him, I think, since it's probably the first time he's ever directed an anime based on a visual novel (even if this one does seemingly have a josei-bent, which, even of itself, is rather unique... or maybe that's just Kasai's influence on the whole thing) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles it. I'm looking forward to this one, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 09:14   Link #107
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man i was all over this one in a heartbeat, I mean Honey and Clover and Nodame Cantabile just like Sorrow-K i was hyped up. Im a sucker for this romance stuff and we need more Shoujo's. The plot starts off with the standard cute childhood friend who resurfaces after many years. The potential for some good drama is right smack in your face.

The characters especially Mao were very likable from the start and the animation quality was not bad either. That "lets try an expereiment scene was the hook line and sinker for me that was such an out of the blue kiss but was done just right. I dont have any good speculation yet on how the show will progress but i can foresee things and people not working out as planned and maybe a little rivlary between friends. Honestly, i was half expecting for the both the guys to fall for Mao (btw she is super Kawii) right away but they went in another direction which is cool. But thats not to say that after time feelings on all fronts wont change leading to some type of declaration of love or a love challange. Will be watching Kimikiss Pure Rouge very carefully with high expectations, its always nice when a first episode exceeds for preconseptions.

first episode 8/10 good stuff.
Old 2007-10-10, 09:32   Link #108
rg4619

Quote:
At 2ch, the many male fans of the original KimiKiss game and the subsequent KimiKiss seinen manga by Shinonome Tarou serialized in Young Animal hate the KimiKiss pure rouge anime.

Can't say I'm surprised by the response. Hopefully, JC STAFF doesn't feel pressured to shift the direction over time (although a full 180 degree turn is probably impossible).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 10:15   Link #109
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man thats pretty harsh im not surprised but that was a direct attack on J.C. Staff and Kasai Ken'ichi's capability to produce animes to satisfy the fanbase. You cant please everyone all the time and in anime its impossible Otaku's as well all know can be pretty damn hateful towards something that feel has be bastardized.
Old 2007-10-10, 10:33   Link #110
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There's still some girls who haven't been introduced. Unless Kou1 and Kazuki are going to get more girls into their current triangle, (( maybe, but doubtful )), either Hiiragi's gonna get his share, or the other girls will be non-romantic side characters.

Well, Kou1's non-bland points so far seems to have been divided into Kazuki's, so there's got to be a degree of compromise. It's better than harem!Kouichi at least. It's nice to see dynamics of male friends and how they view and fit in (( non-romantically, but as a friend )) in other friend's romance and stuff.
I believe Hiiragi will have his own share of a romance story... I'm thinking he'll be paired up with Mitsuki, the ojousama who is yet to be introduced (I think I'll leave some spoilerish details to my love prediction corner in my blog posts LOL).

with the number of guys they've added, it has become reminiscent of Boys Be... and will turn out to be something better. I have the strong feeling it will be
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 10:50   Link #111
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I believe Hiiragi will have his own share of a romance story... I'm thinking he'll be paired up with Mitsuki, the ojousama who is yet to be introduced (I think I'll leave some spoilerish details to my love prediction corner in my blog posts LOL).

with the number of guys they've added, it has become reminiscent of Boys Be... and will turn out to be something better. I have the strong feeling it will be
Boys Be...that last part of the episode with that mature guy traumatized a part of my childhood. It was painful seeing the main character watching that. It was such a strange feeling... for some reason, despite being 'bleh-ed' by countless drama plot devices even mindfuck ones, that scene stuck out to me.

Anyway, the profiles at the anime page doesn't really list anything special overall that differs greatly from their game persona and Kazuki is pretty much what we saw in Ep.1, though...

Spoiler for Eiji Kai:

Well, if we're to link his interest/hobby/ambition with a girl... looks like...

Spoiler for yet to be introduced:

Old 2007-10-10, 10:57   Link #112
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
BWAHAHAHA! Irritated rabid fans are so good for providing good laughter. Fans of the harem genre blaming anime staff of ripping off some other series? OK, so I guess the only harem they have watched is Love Hina (or whichever was the first one in the genre) then. The first episode didn't that josei to me, although the several minutes from Mao's viewpoints might hint such a development later on.

Quote:
I have to say that I was more than ready to delete this after watching the few first minutes. The clichés just kept coming.
I also had some inclination to delete it after the first minute but resited the temptation.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:06   Link #113
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Oh yeah! Just when I thought I'd might be missing something special this Fall, I guess this is it. A
potential Romance series with many character developments. I just love Kenichi Sakai's directing.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:35   Link #114
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Comedy. At. Its. Best.

Seriously, I can't stop laughing. Perhaps now I found the real reason to keep on watching this thing.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:36   Link #115
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm not sure how to say it since I rather enjoyed this adaption thus far even being a manga reader and a short-game player (( played it a little ))... but generally, re'nai game settings are always like that. There's rarely re'nai games which puts you in the role of multiple characters.

Gomen gomen that was a (sort off) rhetoric question, and probably an excessive one. I know this sort of game are usually centered around a unique male protagonist but I don't like when the anime are the same (with some exception, like Kita e or Sentimental Graffiti, if I'm not wrong). That's why I usually like not faithful adaptation (like the first to Heart) for an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I jumped on this as soon as I found out Kasai Ken'ichi was in charge of this project, since I just absolutely loved Honey & Clover and Nodame Cantabile.
Kasai and J.C.Staff were my first reason to watch after long a Visual Novel adaptation (and the ALL Star VA cast is indeed a great plus) but both Nodame and H&C are great (josei) Manga while kimikiss is... something different. Not to mention that different people are on the screenplay/series composition (ANN is currently down @#*§). That's why for now Kimikiss is better (indeed a lot better) than I was expecting. Now I only have to see if I like this series more for what it is or for what it's not

Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-10 at 13:02.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:40   Link #116
Thingle
Banned

For some reason, Mao warms up to me. Maybe that big sister persona eh? Mao-neechan is the same as "Ate Mao" or big sister mao.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:41   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If i could type japanese i would soooo give them some hell >.>

How sexist can it be to label a series "for women" - well i enjoy watching it so i must be a female then (woot my dreams have come true )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:44   Link #118
Thingle
Banned

Well, anglophones are more sexually liberal it seems. A good thing indeed.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 12:06   Link #119
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'm seeing we're quite a bunch here joining mainly because of the staff working on it. ^_^

Anyway, very nice start, despite some subtle fears of mine, Kasai-san didn't disappoint me with this episode 1 at all.
As others said already, while the "raw material" did sound pretty much all good (J.C.STAFF + Kasai Kenichi + all stars VA cast), the source did a bit less, since it wasn't from a popular josei or shoujo, but from well.. a very different source. But the idea of trasforming it in a bunch of different pairings, instead of the trite 1 x all is good, and so far executed flawlessly. A lot of magnificent twists are to be expected, if we have faith in the people who're working here.

The first confirm to my eyes came when I saw the character design, the background and the animations. To compare with something contemporary, there's nothing shiny and detailed a la Shakugan no Shana, no unnaturally big eyes or oddly coloured hairs. No light works and special effects.
Instead, the touch of reality. Small eyes, a background seemlessly non existent because it is there, but it doesn't have to play a role. It's basically the same concept of the real life: the memory remains, but sticks on the necessary and gets rid of the redundant.

Another trademark of Kasai-san was the ending theme starting during the episode (love that effect). Something was not on the ending though, first it wasn't animated (with the recurring "spinning wheels" theme of H&C and NC even used by different anime now, Higurashi Kai comes to my mind but there's at least another one), second it didn't include the next episode preview, though this makes sense considering it wasn't animated. They went instead for a traditional kind of preview. Nothing to objectionate, but these can become seriously spoilerous when going ahead, while the other type (the short scene during the ed + the next episode title at the end) was not.

This aside, I really have little to nothing to complain so far, and I'm really hoping this show will be at least 2 seasons long.
Old 2007-10-10, 12:39   Link #120
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
How sexist can it be to label a series "for women" - well i enjoy watching it so i must be a female then
Well, judging by the labels (seinen, josei, shounen, etc) of shows I watch, I should have switched my gender like 30 times if it happened like that.
Anyway, how exactly is this series aimed primarily at women when the female characters seem to be more and no expenses are spared for hiring talented female seiyuu? The females are not moe enough or something? I don't get it.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen