AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-10, 17:51   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

K-On! - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of K-On!. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
As of Aug 2010 I will be on hiatus so will not be active as I used to be (this could be considered good news or bad news depending on your viewpoint). Please contact another Mod if you require any help or assistance.
Old 2009-04-10, 19:46   Link #2
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Looked through the cast list. Is it me, or are many of the girls newcomers?
Old 2009-04-10, 19:51   Link #3
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Looked through the cast list. Is it me, or are many of the girls newcomers?
This appears to be a vehicle for pushing budding young voice actresses into the industry, much like Haruhi was.
Old 2009-04-10, 19:59   Link #4
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This appears to be a vehicle for pushing budding young voice actresses into the industry, much like Haruhi was.
Aye, it seems that way to me as well. I won't make any definitive statements this early in the show, but I think they're doing a fine job so far.
Old 2009-04-10, 20:00   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Always good to see new blood in the business. However, it seems to me that there are a lot MORE ladies in the industry than gents, and to stand out, it's really not easy + a lot of hard work.
Old 2009-04-10, 23:12   Link #6
Pachael
原作通り

Some background:
http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2009/0...at-voices.html

Ritsu - Satou Satomi
Mio - Hikasa Youko
Tsumugi - Kotobuki Minako
Yui - Toyosaki Aki

That's the starting point, though I'd debate that the ED is played by the seiyuus (if it were, then that's amazing.)
Old 2009-04-10, 23:23   Link #7
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
That's the starting point, though I'd debate that the ED is played by the seiyuus (if it were, then that's amazing.)
All of them do sing the OP/ED, though playing is another matter...
Old 2009-04-11, 00:13   Link #8
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
All of them do sing the OP/ED, though playing is another matter...
I had no doubt they sung it, it's the playing I doubt (despite them according to the earlier article being drafted partially for their playing ability)
Old 2009-04-13, 14:41   Link #9
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I'll just leave this here....
← Toyosaki is like 169cm in case anyone is wondering how tall she is compared to everyone else since she does seem rather tall.

Kotobuki is definitely my favourite voice of the four and she's so young. I hope to hear more things from her in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Kotobuki Minako can play the piano a bit and Sato Satomi can play the guitar, but that was pretty much it before they were chosen to be the seiyuu for K-On! from what I've heard. So yes, in the beginning they didn't really know how to play. I think it was for kicks in the second episode of らじおん! that they tried to play, first deciding who plays what with jan-ken-pon before deciding to play their respective characters instruments and it was.... terrible.

And now....
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6494249 - 6:10 ~ 6:30-ish and you get to hear them actually playing. It's actually pretty decent. I don't know why the actual site loads slowly for me compared to nico. Not like it really matters when I actually get irritated at hearing them giggle half the time and talk about.... sweets and such.

But erm, the ED isn't that hard going by the guitar and bass parts. If Hikasa Yoko played the bass for the OP, I'd be a little more impressed.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-04-13, 16:42   Link #10
Midonin
Last Engage

Aki Toyosaki is really becoming the go-to girl these days for the really cute characters. This won't be her first time playing a 4-koma leading girl either, as she's been listed as playing Kana in Kanamemo this summer. Good to see her getting a lot of work.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:49   Link #11
Nerroth
NePoi!

It's somewhat ironic that the lady with the lightest hair colour voices the character with the darkest...
Old 2009-04-14, 21:16   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm thinking Toyosaki being the tallest, gets the shortest character lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-15, 07:43   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Same logic with Goto-san, with her nice lady roles. Hell, she's a biker chick!
Old 2009-04-15, 12:31   Link #14
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't the actress that plays Kyon's Sister taller than anyone else in the cast?
Old 2009-04-29, 23:48   Link #15
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I forgot what episode of Rajion! it was, but the girls played together again for maybe half a minute. They're getting better. I should grab the clips for the lazy ones out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Isn't the actress that plays Kyon's Sister taller than anyone else in the cast?
I haven't found any numbers for her, but the tallest female seiyuu I know of is Honda Takako at 173cm. Ono-D is 174 and Sugita is like 177cm.

Back to K-On! and not Haruhi, though Minorin in a mage outfit performing at Gensou has me excited as well.

The seiyuu for Mugi-tan, Kotobuki Minako, is in "sphere", alongside Toyosaki Aki, Tomatsu Haruka, and Takagaki Ayahi. First single was the OP for Hatsukoi Limited.

She's the only one in the group whose singing I enjoy, which makes me wonder when character singles K-On! will be released in the hopes of hearing more from her and Hikasa Yoko.

I keep forgetting how young Kotobuki is. She's turning eighteen this year. Wtf, still jailbait.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-01, 14:12   Link #16
Keio
Serious Business

Sphere's members are all seiyuus, huh?
Old 2009-05-01, 21:44   Link #17
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Well, seiyuu idol groups have always been around. The OP for Basquash! is done by [a temporary?] group called Eclipse, consisting of Tomatsu Haruka, Nakajima Megumi, and Hayami Saori. It just seems like people trying to make some money because, well, it's more about the looks than actually singing nowadays. Even some of the older seiyuu are losing out to a bunch of the younger ones when it comes to getting a role. As much as I love people like Inoue Marina and Kobayashi Yu, it'd be nice to hear some other people, too.

Er, so back to K-On! I haven't looked at the radio show in a while and I was curious to see if the girls actually did anything together musically. Yonezawa Madoka, Ui's seiyuu, appeared in episode eight and they all ate snacks together. Actually, they seem to always have a snack on the radio show.... Toyosaki is kind of reminding me of a real life Yui, especially when she was talking with her mouth sort of full.

Anyway, they actually played for a minute longer than they previously have together and this time I brought the clips with me;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/emwqmojmkze/ - ep 8
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjzyjmhmzti/ - ep 9. They sound more confident, but I think Kotobuki made more minor mistakes.

Not too bad. Maybe HALKO can teach Kotobuki a few things. ;3

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-05, 22:44   Link #18
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, seiyuu groups can't possibly get any bigger than Weiss, and it was Koyasu's brainchild, of all things.
Old 2009-05-06, 06:51   Link #19
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
i think yui's seiyu is same as that of nodame from nodame cantible
Old 2009-05-06, 07:52   Link #20
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
i think yui's seiyu is same as that of nodame from nodame cantible
They have different seiyuus. Ayako Kawasumi voiced Nodame while Aki Toyosaki voiced Yui.