AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-30, 09:14   Link #61
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The lies just pile onto each other until they reach unbelievably hilarious levels . Kei will be left with the impression that Miyuki is interested in Hayasaka. While Fujiwara will presume it's Hayasaka's male disguise. And the fun will just continue on from there. Utterly KO'd Chika leaving her a bloody mess by the end of it. Seriously, that was one wild nosebleed.

Good episode for Ishigami honestly. It does suck seeing him give a serious effort, but hit the wall of reality. He's not an idiot. But he can't overcome basically not giving a damn about his studies for all that time and suddenly hit the top 50 that easily. The good thing is that this is one failure that didn't make him give up.

Spoiler for Iino speculation:
Spoiler:
Old 2022-04-30, 16:01   Link #62
Decel

Really liked this episode, one of the better ones of the series. Almost didn't mind the narrator.

I prefer this format. Less-but-better-developed segments.
Old 2022-04-30, 16:14   Link #63
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly I completely burst out laughing when Kei dropped the "reveal" to Chika. I legit cannot even find the words to describe how funny that whole situation was, I was in stitches. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I've gone insane now from how much that made me laugh out loud
Old 2022-04-30, 17:00   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Honestly I completely burst out laughing when Kei dropped the "reveal" to Chika. I legit cannot even find the words to describe how funny that whole situation was, I was in stitches. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I've gone insane now from how much that made me laugh out loud
What it did for me was how much blood was gushing out of Fujiwara's nose .
Old 2022-05-01, 00:36   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
What it did for me was how much blood was gushing out of Fujiwara's nose .
For me it was the utterly 'sibling' battle for the phone. Just laughing away with Kei down with the phone and kicking away at her brother like a lunatic .
Old 2022-05-01, 07:37   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What a long way they've gone, Ishigami and Kaguya. Since the times he thought she would murder him.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2022-05-01 at 16:46.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 13:17   Link #67
grecefar

I really love ishigami and kaguya friendship, even if it is a plus for him to score in the top 50 to look cool in fron of tsubame, he did it more to no disappoint kaguya.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 12:06   Link #68
Frontier

And thus continues the saga of Miyuki Shirogane learning how to rap .

So how was Fujiwara forced into teaching him yet again? Because Shirogane can't leave well enough alone and his attempts to master rapping on his own leads to Kei asking Fujiwara to straight up kill her brother .

And, initially, yeah, Fujiwara is talked into it because she buys into Shirogane's reasoning of trying to improve himself so he can reach someone through the power and expression of rap...but then she realizes just how terrible his and it's like all that training they went through in past seasons didn't even matter. She also doesn't get the finer points of rap and besides the "Yo" basics, so Shirogane has to be the one to drill that into her .

Training montage! And once Fujiwara understands the appeal of rap is expressing your emotions freely, she lets loose with some harsh words for the President! But he's so accepting that she did it that he doesn't even realize she was saying mean things to him the whole time. And he still needs her to teach him how to rap .

I didn't know I needed Kaguya-sama characters bleeping eff bombs, but there you go .

Hayasaka's web of lies and relationships coming together to where she has to dress up as Herthaka to greet Shirogane with Fujiwara in tow and Kaguya's there and having no idea what's really going on was utterly hilarious .

And so we finally get the Shirogane rap, and it's actually pretty awesome. Especially with all the skateboarders and random people flipping over it .

Even Kaguya gets into the rapping because she's so frustrated and has no idea what Fujiwara is talking about when she goes rapping Fujoshi that she just has to weigh in with a sick beat...and her complaining about Hayasaka (with a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black) incites Hayasaka to drop some beats and tell off Kaguya for all she does for her, from every Hayasaka to every disguise, with nothing to show for it but wasting her time as a second-year high school student when she could be living out her youth. You tell her Hayasaka .

Hayasaka just wants at least one male friend, and if nothing else that's something Shirogane can give her through a fist bump. And Hayasaka will keep her mistress guessing if there's more to it than that .

Maki is collapsed on the Student Council Room floor and Ishigami is ready for more Maki suffering .

Poor Maki. Kashiwagi and her boyfriend are in the volunteer club and invite her in but the spend more time flirting and kissing around her in the club. That must be rough .

Ah, I see Maki is like Kaguya where she thinks about sex...I mean, "sek" like a pure-hearted maiden and less like a real teenager .

It's kind of hilarious that we finally find out Kashiwagi's boyfriend is named Tsubasa when Maki is defending him against Ishigami asking what's so great about him. And the pair of them realizing they've known the guy for three seasons but only knew him as "Kashiwagi's boyfriend." True male friendship right there .

Satan Nagisa is a trip .

Maki always leaves the student council room in an explosion when she gets on a first name basis with the boys right when Kaguya comes in...and Kaguya freaks out that Shirogane has yet another female friend /
Old 2022-05-06, 15:27   Link #69
Rasty

Hayasaka x Miyuki relationship seems to be progressing pretty well. I sincerely hope for Kaguya that there are not many further seasons otherwise those two are gonna have at least three children before Kaguya or Miyuki confess to each other.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 18:28   Link #70
grecefar

I'm happy for maki, she got two friends that can understand her and even it annoys kaguya, that's two birds with one stone.

This has been a season of rap.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 18:40   Link #71
bakato

It's too late to say this but they're really busting out the sakuga this season. I remember season one being nothing special in terms of animation, but it's clear the animators are having a ton of fun here. Ichigami bibbity-bobbity-boo-ing himself over to Maki to explain sex was hilarious. It's confirmed. Miyuki and Ishigami are Maki's fairy godparents.
Old 2022-05-06, 18:52   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fujiwara yelling "motherfucker" was something I didn't know I needed. The absurdity of Shirogane teaching Fujiwara about rap in order for her to teach him how to rap was quite something. And somehow worked.

Oh, hey, Queen/bohemian rhapsody reference. Kaguya picks up on things really fast. I'm happy Hayasaka got to vent her frustrations and reveal her true feelings, but if it doesn't lead to any change between her and Kaguya, it's pointless. We'll see.

I would usually rejoice that a tsundere lost because she was too tsundere, but Maki is just too nice and has to suffer way too much for that to happen in this case.
Old 2022-05-06, 19:00   Link #73
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Apparently the whole ED sequence was storyboarded and directed by one animator guy from Latin America. It was pretty cool and I liked the whole Miyuki and Chika singinging in rap-battle style.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 20:18   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Since I don't really like rap at all, I can't say this episode was amazing. But there was a lot of good stuff in it.

Good for Hayasaka advancing her friendship. Obviously the only romantic momentum that comes from that is putting more pressure on Kaguya. But it's good for her to have someone that gets her. She doesn't have to pretend with him and that's a relief in itself. And frankly good on her for reminding Kaguya how much weight Hayasaka has been carrying. Supporting Kaguya is more than a full-time job. At least those have vacation days . She does care about Kaguya and I'm sure she's happy help considering how dark that family is. But it is good for Kaguya to remember that Hayasaka isn't just fooling around.

Maki is a sweet girl. It does suck that she had to deal with this. It'd be nice if the story would just cut her some slack and let her move on. You never know about the future, but it's just leaving her in agony being so close to those two while still hanging onto her feelings. But at least even if the story is putting her through this...she's got friends. Honestly it's really nice that Shirogane and Ishigami are there for her. They can't do more than support her, but it's good to have people there to lend an ear.

Also who would have guessed that Kashiwagi's boyfriend has a name ?
Old 2022-05-06, 20:28   Link #75
Wandering Soul

I guess it really is rap off week.

All 3 parts were great. Whether it was Prez teaching Fujiwara to rap so she can teach him, the actual pay off to the rapping lessons, or the saga of Maki's suffering continuing, I enjoyed all parts.i even like hip hop/ sci fi feel the ED went for.
Old 2022-05-06, 20:49   Link #76
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Chika still isnt running away from Miyuki demands on learning something but it really didnt take Chika long to learn how to rap
Old 2022-05-07, 07:02   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Apparently the whole ED sequence was storyboarded and directed by one animator guy from Latin America. It was pretty cool and I liked the whole Miyuki and Chika singinging in rap-battle style.
Yep, that was really nice. It would have been even better if CR actually bothered to translate it.

Translations for OPs and EDs are the thing I miss the most about fansubs. A lot of series have songs with lyrics relevant to them.
Old 2022-05-07, 09:46   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yep, that was really nice. It would have been even better if CR actually bothered to translate it.

Translations for OPs and EDs are the thing I miss the most about fansubs. A lot of series have songs with lyrics relevant to them.
I get there's probably a lot that goes into it, but I wish they'd sub more OP and ED's. I think Sentai is the only one who frequently does it (if not always).
Old 2022-05-08, 10:57   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, that was peak Kaguya-sama right there. The whole episode, including the ED.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 12:04   Link #80
Frontier

It's time for parent-teacher conferences! An important time in a students' education and in helping them forge their future career path alongside their parents .

Oh hey, Ishigami has an older brother! Maybe they mentioned him before, but it's cool seeing a visual of him. Also, Ishigami better hope he's never in court with Iino .

I would worry about Japan's future if Fujiwara was ever actually Prime Minister .

Well, no surprise that Kaguya's piece of @#$% father didn't show up, and Hayasaka doesn't think her mom will show up either...but in fact, Hayasaka's mom does show up for both girls! And Hayasaka does a complete 180 and goes gaga for her mom like a true mama's girl. This is probably one of the few times Hayasaka completely drops an act. And Hayasaka's mom seems to enjoy messing with Kaguya as much as Hayasaka does .

When you're least prepared for it, here comes Shirogane's dad to mess with Kaguya and push her to move her relationship with his son forward! He's already ready to play father-in-law, and for the most surreal parent-teacher conference where her personal assistant's mom and her crush's dad play her parents .

The supporting cast all have their own ideas for the future, but Hayasaka just wants a new job .

What are Shirogane's future prospects? Studying abroad in Stanford, which means it's do-or-die time with Kaguya as now he has to make sure they go out before they graduate from high school or they'll get no real time as a couple otherwise. Which means that one way or another he's planning to confess to her at the school festival .

I guess confessing after a date isn't the worst idea, even if Shirogane and Kaguya are such dorks that they can't just openly ask each other out to check out another school festival without overthinking it or trying to play it off all cool like. And the rest of the student council doesn't help. And then Ishigami basically hijacks it for a boys outing...which actually turns out pretty well .

Just in case you thought we were getting "Shirogane learns the guitar" training arc, instead it's Shirogane trying to look at himself objectively with the help of the female student council members. Poor Iino thought she was getting hit on .

Basically talking about objectivity and involving Fujiwara is a terrible idea because she's so savage and has no filter. Also Iino just isn't physically attracted to Shirogane at all .

So Iino thinks like a classical Shojo romance novel and believes she's got a "prince" waiting in the wings for her, Fujiwara would normally fall for someone like Shirogane but has been completely turned off by actually knowing him, and Kaguya...Kaguya wouldn't want Shirogane to change at all. And when the girl you like accepts you for who you are, that's really all that matters .

Tags
rom com