AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-28, 22:09   Link #1
gundamfans

Marimite...ends after 13th Episode...

Maria-sama ga Miteru will end after 13th Episode.....at least, that's what official website says....those who can read Japanese or Kanji, plz confirm it for me..

Evidence: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/mari...ext_story.html

Well, some of you might know this already, but wateva...

If the old don't go, the new won't come. I'm looking forward to many new anime (Initial D Fourth Stage, Bakertsu Angel (gonzo), Ugly and Beautiful World (by makers of Mahoromatic..I'm a big fan of it..), Midori no Hibi, Madlax....)

Anyhow, reply to topic plz ppl. Thx.
Old 2004-03-28, 22:38   Link #2
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Just so you know there are big time rumors of a second season. Which imo is wonderful.... So don't count Marimite out yet.
Old 2004-03-29, 00:42   Link #3
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Yep, I have seen release threads in other forums that have increased the number of episodes.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:20   Link #4
lordwu

This was already discussed in the main thread like a month ago maybe. It was obvious when they announced the DVD release. 7 DVDs with 1 episode on the first DVD and 2 each on the rest. However, as others have pointed out, there will be a second season for sure.
Old 2004-03-29, 16:53   Link #5
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

13 eps is not enough. need more yuri fix. any word on when next season is planned?
Old 2004-03-29, 18:06   Link #6
j1m0ne

definitely not next week then.....kinikkuman is in marimite's time slot, i believe. so fall, if at all, is the earliest.
Old 2004-03-30, 11:57   Link #7
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1m0ne
definitely not next week then.....kinikkuman is in marimite's time slot, i believe. so fall, if at all, is the earliest.
It is possible that marimite will receive a better timeslot in the weekend rather than Wednesday's night.
Old 2004-04-02, 00:40   Link #8
Your_Prince
Like a Virgin

I hope there's more yuri in the second season than in the first!
One kiss just isn't enough!! hehe. ^.^
Old 2004-04-04, 18:36   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I believe there would be a second season ..no doubt about it

Old 2004-04-04, 22:23   Link #10
^PaNdA
I hate you n_n

*crosses fingers*

it does end with her saying "see you tomorrow"

i think it's gonna be in the fall... neither of the official sites have official updates so blah.
Old 2004-04-05, 23:56   Link #11
CelestiaLegends

:P hold on, if the first of the series is lisenced, can the second half be subbed as well?
Old 2004-04-06, 01:26   Link #12
laurore31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
:P hold on, if the first of the series is lisenced, can the second half be subbed as well?
if the second season isn't licenced, yes they can sub it. ;-)

present for us who wants to the beginning of the second season --> http://mariamite.free.fr/galerie/groupes/30.jpeg
Old 2004-04-06, 06:03   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
Why in the world do you think the first season has been licensed. If it was, then it certainly wouldn't be available for download via AnimeSuki. While Geneon (Pioneer) are the sponsors, it would need to be sponsored by Geneon U.S. (the American branch) before it would be considered licensed. And it's the hope that since Geneon are the sponsors, there might be a chance it will be picked up for U.S. distribution. A lot of licenses are announced during the American summer convention season, so we may hear in the next few months if it has become licensed or not.

Or do you just mean that if it does get licensed before the next series starts, can it then be subbed? If so, then it rather depends on the terms of the license so it's difficult to say at this point in time. While it looks likely there will be a second season, there's no guarantee it will happen. As for "can it be subbed if licensed", that's up to the fansubbers, in most cases fansubbers do not distribute a series if licensed.
Old 2004-04-28, 13:06   Link #14
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
I really hope it is not true, I like the series. While the Lesbian love did bother me a little bit, it was emotional and the character interaction was so awesome.
Old 2004-04-29, 08:29   Link #15
Paranoia Rebirth
Haruka Fan

Send a message via MSN to Paranoia Rebirth
I dont think this series will be licensed because not many Americans will want to watch this.........
Old 2004-04-29, 10:39   Link #16
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia Rebirth
I dont think this series will be licensed because not many Americans will want to watch this.........
I agree, American Society is too conservative to let a lesbian romance sell well. I personally didn't like the fact that it had it, but the scary thing is that they handeled it far better than I ever imagined.
Old 2004-04-29, 16:28   Link #17
Ialdaboth

I though that American Society was too conservative for Angel Sanctuary.

Look at your local bookshop... ^____^

btw lesbian romance seems to be better accepted (well, less frown upon) than gay one in occidental societies, no ?
Old 2004-04-29, 22:22   Link #18
Honkie_McGee

The girls in Utena were younger, and the relationships screwier, but that's been licensed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
btw lesbian romance seems to be better accepted (well, less frown upon) than gay one in occidental societies, no ?
That's because they're hotter.
Old 2004-04-30, 04:57   Link #19
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkie_McGee
The girls in Utena were younger, and the relationships screwier, but that's been licensed.
Yep. If Marimite is *not* licenced outside Japan, I don't think it would be because of the lesbian romance bit, but more for the lack of actual lesbian sex, guns, incest, panties-shots, magical girl transformations, furry little animals, swimming suits, robots, and endless rivers of blood. All thoses marvelous elements one expect from one's average anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkie_McGee
That's because they're hotter.
Maybe. ^_-
Some fools on some Yaoi mailing lists might disagree for whatever silly reasons of theirs, though.
Old 2004-05-01, 16:13   Link #20
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Yep. If Marimite is *not* licenced outside Japan, I don't think it would be because of the lesbian romance bit, but more for the lack of actual lesbian sex, guns, incest, panties-shots, magical girl transformations, furry little animals, swimming suits, robots, and endless rivers of blood. All thoses marvelous elements one expect from one's average anime.
Yes, I still do find it sad when people don't like an anime because it doesn't have gratuitous blood, violence, and sex. That is what give anime a bad name, the people who get it for the shock factor rather than the storylines, characterizations, and good art.
Closed Thread