AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-24, 12:33   Link #541
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
With 4 eps, Toradora also has about double the amount of pages Kannagi has. But like xris said, they're taking a gamble with this series by giving it a subforum
But that's also why Toradora does have it's own subforum.

If this series continues to pick up like it did in episode 3, more attention may be just what it needs to create a booming fanbase for it.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:58   Link #542
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Yay! Another of my favorite series this season gets its own subforum!

Unlike Toradora! I admit this one looks more like a surprise, but given the quality of the show, I hope that this gamble from the forum fairies will help to spread Nagi Shintoism!!!
Old 2008-10-24, 14:09   Link #543
Solafighter
Hige

Own subforum, YES! Thanks, admins.
Old 2008-10-24, 14:20   Link #544
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wow.....the sub forum choosing is deeper than I thought.

But it deserves a sub forum, seeing the quality of the show .
Old 2008-10-24, 15:36   Link #545
Falkor

a sub-forum for Kannagi… oh what a welcome surprise…

seriously, I did not really expect the fairies to create a sub-forum for this show, but never mind that, a sub-forum is always good most of the times…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 19:50   Link #546
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Congrats to Kannagi for getting its own subforum. Now to wait for episode 4...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 20:25   Link #547
BigGimp77

Congrats to Kannagi for the sub forum. One of the many good shows this fall season.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 22:09   Link #548
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Now, more people will discover Kannagi's genius through the publicity of it having its own subforum. Congratulations, Kannagi! You deserve this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 22:29   Link #549
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
If you are going to have 26 - yes. If it only has enough source material for 13 (i.e. by having just 6 volumes of manga) - no.
Take a look at Rosario Cross Vampire Capu2 - it is also at "3 eps", but has 66 pages of discussion (more than twice of Kannagi), has an additional first season and *two* much longer manga series(http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47934 alone has enough posts to topple half of existing subforums!) - and yet it has no subforum of its own.
Remove the amount of posts whining about how it's not like the manga (and yes I did this in the s1 thread so sue me) as well as the censorship and the post count suddenly drops. It's been said before that post count isn't the "main" factor when making a subforum, it's the type of content and the range of people posting.

The reason Sekirei never got a sub forum was because a few posters highly inflated the post count, Kina for one and I guess myself would be another. Now lets look at R+V 2

kenjiharima 256
Magin 179
HayashiTakara 116
Mega-Japan 116

R+V2 being a sequel also makes the post count inflated, the S2 thread is easily going to go past the total of the S1 thread (1300 after 3 eps for s2, 2100 total for s1) but its not like S2 is "way" more popular than S1.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 00:06   Link #550
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Already posted on the image thread before here but... I'm quite suprised to see Kannagi to have it's very own sub-forum. Toradora is very likely to have one from the very beginning the series started.
I hope more people will watch this series because of the big discussion it undertook.
Nagi Shinto-ism FTW!
Old 2008-10-25, 07:07   Link #551
neshru

I'm surprised this show is so popular that it has a dedicated forum. Besides the impressive animation quality, it looks pretty plain to me.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 16:20   Link #552
kyouray
2D > 3D

Oh yeah, Kannagi has his own sub-forum
Thanks !
Old 2008-10-25, 22:35   Link #553
teelotes
·Ąäkítđrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I'm surprised this show is so popular that it has a dedicated forum. Besides the impressive animation quality, it looks pretty plain to me.
It all depends on what you're looking out for in an anime; that was something I discovered last night while watching with my friend. When I was watching it alone, I was absorbed in the details and the animation quality, since I watch anime regularly and know the aspects where this series stands out from the rest. It was also a refreshing change from other anime showing this season, and together they form a good variety of content and style for me.

When I was watching with my friend (who seldom watches anime), I found myself more concerned about the entertainment value of the show. Simply put, it's about how to keep someone interested in the show for 24 minutes. It was then that I realised, without putting emphasis on the little details, the show actually proceeds quite slowly. Since the anime follows the manga closely, the pace is quite slow (for a medium where one's attention span is typically 30 seconds or less). The jokes and main events are funny, but they are spaced apart and do not have a cumulative effect to bring about a humorous atmosphere.

I'll definitely be catching on to the show for the qualities that I admire, but I'm also starting to understand the other parts of the show that were sacrificed in the process of pursuing those qualities.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 01:39   Link #554
JediNight
キズランダム

I've been wondering something -- how was Nagi able to recognize Zange so quickly? In the imagery of the two in miko outfits in Ep4 she looks the same as well. Yet she is possessing the body of a human girl -- so doesn't she just look like that girl then?

Spoiler for Ep5 or 6 events:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 07:40   Link #555
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I've been wondering something -- how was Nagi able to recognize Zange so quickly? In the imagery of the two in miko outfits in Ep4 she looks the same as well. Yet she is possessing the body of a human girl -- so doesn't she just look like that girl then?
Saa? Manga-ka miss?
Maybe you can explain it as that Nagi sensed her or something?

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep5 or 6 events:
It'll be revealed in due time...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 17:46   Link #556
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Wow, when did Kannagi get its own forum? Quite surprising, didn't think it was popular enough...

Anyways, just finished watching episode 4, conclusion: Zange > Nagi. Zange is cooler in almost every way, she totally owns ^^
Old 2008-10-27, 10:06   Link #557
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Thanks god for this subforum for Kannagi. For some reason I not pay attention in Fansubbed area. I watched the first episode now and loved it. Nice animation, character design and story.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:35   Link #558
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Obviously Nagi do not recognise Zange by look. They originally are Gods and have multiple looks. They each also live in a different region.

In fact it's possible that Nagi and Zange have never met each other in person (or vessel forms) before. They must recognise each other through 6th or 7th sense, or something like that
Old 2008-10-27, 16:43   Link #559
Cinocard

It's like, when you have chatted and watched webcam of someone through yahoo or Msn for several hundred years, you ought to realize that person when you meet them in real life (and Zange talk about Impurity sold her off right away.)
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 21:49   Link #560
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

god this anime is so good! >.<.. didn't expect much when i started watching it, but after 2nd episode or so... god! it's so good! haha. gotta love opening too. is this going to be 24 or 26 episodes or only 1x episodes?

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen