AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 13:07   Link #241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He was obviously joking, or meant 4 hours of sleep per day (which is already pretty bad). There's no way he'd be able to keep working while being sleep deprived to this extent. Then again, the hallucinations he'd inevitably get could explain a lot about One Piece

Thanks for the infos. Nothing earth-shattering but a lot interesting stuff. Brooke is 277cm tall!? His afro is counted, I assume?
Old 2012-03-03, 13:11   Link #242
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Jesus in one piece can be very interesting

anyway interview with Oda interesting. he is easy going person that enjoy his life dipite many hardship. also bit perefinetlly pervert . but he definitively suffer "work to hard" situation

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 13:25   Link #243
Rainbowman

Here's the sum up:

Avalo Pisaro- September 30th: Libra
Van Augur- October 5th: Libra
Vasco- 8/5: Leo
Woop Slap- 2/28: Pisces
Lafitte- 3/13: Pisces
Shiliew- 6/11: Gemini
Stronger- 4/16: Aries
Doc Q- 10/18: Libra
Devon- 3/29: Aries
Jesus- 12/25: Capricorn
Wolf- 3/2: Pisces
Portgas D. Rouge- 6/10: Gemini
Sengoku- 5/9: Taurus
Sentoumaru- 3/10: Pisces
Tsuru- 3/26: Aries
Tyranosaurus- 10/20: Libra
Hattori- August 10th: Leo
Vista- 2/5: Aquarius
Wapol- 8/9: Leo
Demalo Black- 5/5 (same as Luffy): Taurus
Magellan- 10/9: Libra
Garp- May 2nd: Taurus
Dragon- October 5th: Libra
Yasopp- August 2nd: Leo
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:29   Link #244
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Who is Jesus in One Piece :-)? Am I missing something?
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 15:51   Link #245
marvelB

^Jesus as in Jesus Burgess from Blackbeard's crew. You know, that huge masked wrestler guy? Still, considering who he's named after, I guess it's only natural what day his birthday would fall on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He was obviously joking, or meant 4 hours of sleep per day (which is already pretty bad). There's no way he'd be able to keep working while being sleep deprived to this extent. Then again, the hallucinations he'd inevitably get could explain a lot about One Piece

Yeah, I meant to say 4 hours a day on a monthly average (which was what Greg posted), but I was pretty tired when I made that post, so my bad. But yeah, that's STILL kinda overdoing it, if you ask me.....

Anyways, while I also agree that we've got nothing earth-shattering so far, I still like some of the content we got, particularly the names of the background characters. I mean, we even get the name of who may be the "bronze" member of Roger's crew! And now that we've got their names, I'm interested in seeing more of those marines (particularly Bastille and Sicily), and those two dudes who seem to be high-ranking officers of Dragon's army. Oh, and the moonbots having space-related names is a neat touch, as well. I wonder if they'll descend back to earth with Eneru and the alien pirates? If not, we may see the Straw-Hats going to outer space at some point in the future.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 16:14   Link #246
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Of course, Burgess the wrestler! I'm really bad at remembering names :-)
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:10   Link #247
Mateus

Quote:
^Jesus as in Jesus Burgess from Blackbeard's crew. You know, that huge masked wrestler guy? Still, considering who he's named after, I guess it's only natural what day his birthday would fall on.
I always assumed his name was pronoucned as "Hey-zeus".
Old 2012-03-04, 11:03   Link #248
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I always assumed his name was pronoucned as "Hey-zeus".

....Which happens to be the Spanish pronunciation of Jesus. However, in this case his name is pronounced in the same way most of us English-speakers use the name (which, interestingly enough, also differs from the common Japanese pronunciation, which sounds similar to "Ieyasu", the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate).

And I think that uses up my useless trivia quota for the day.
Old 2012-03-15, 16:04   Link #249
Rainbowman

If anyone thinks that what we've seen is all that matters, here's a question: What about the Devil Fruit, Ships, and the New World climate? I'm still waiting for such info.
Old 2012-03-15, 17:41   Link #250
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

that probably be explained later on manga

Old 2012-03-16, 10:35   Link #251
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
If anyone thinks that what we've seen is all that matters, here's a question: What about the Devil Fruit, Ships, and the New World climate? I'm still waiting for such info.

Oh, sorry I didn't address this yet! Really, as far as that info about DFs, ships, technology, haki, etc. goes..... well, it was nothing new, really. We get shown the pirate ships that appeared throughout the series, but we already got most of their names in OP Yellow. The devil fruits just list the ones we already knew about (and no, the names of the supernova DFs are NOT named). As far as technology goes, it basically went over stuff like the Kumabots, Franky's post-skip upgrades, and Wapometal. The haki section, again, goes over everything we knew about it so far, and confirms various characters we saw using X type of haki (like Coby and Eneru using CoO, Sentoumaru and Marco using CoA, etc.).

Well, I guess something interesting to note is that when going over Chopper's upgraded transformations, it seems that his arm and jumping points were fused into the Kung Fu point, but that's about it (and even then, a bunch of people had already guessed that much for themselves when we learned about his new forms back at mermaid island....).
Old 2012-03-16, 11:01   Link #252
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ahh anything interesting about Franky's post-skip upgrades and kumabot

Old 2012-03-16, 14:19   Link #253
marvelB

^So what part of "nothing new" went over your head, exactly?
Old 2012-03-16, 15:00   Link #254
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, sorry I didn't address this yet! Really, as far as that info about DFs, ships, technology, haki, etc. goes..... well, it was nothing new, really. We get shown the pirate ships that appeared throughout the series, but we already got most of their names in OP Yellow. The devil fruits just list the ones we already knew about (and no, the names of the supernova DFs are NOT named). As far as technology goes, it basically went over stuff like the Kumabots, Franky's post-skip upgrades, and Wapometal. The haki section, again, goes over everything we knew about it so far, and confirms various characters we saw using X type of haki (like Coby and Eneru using CoO, Sentoumaru and Marco using CoA, etc.).
What a disappointment that was. Not only were there no official names for the supernova DFs, there were no official names for the DFs of the Impel Down gaurds (and possibly prisoners), the Marines, and the New World Piriates in the war of Marineford.

As far as ships go, I still look forward to see if Blackbeard and his crew would have a ship named Queen Anne's Revenge.
Old 2012-03-19, 10:51   Link #255
marvelB

Well now, some.... rather unexpected new info has now appeared. See, there's a special OP-related event in Japan called "One Piece Ten" that will actually begin tomorrow (BTW, "ten" in this case means "exhibition", not the number), and startling new info was leaked via 2chan: We learn Ace's bounty. Ladies and gentlemen, we now officially learn that Luffy's brother had a 550 million price on his head before his death! Credit goes to Greg from Raftel forums for the info. You can read more behind the story here, BTW.

Heh, looking at that thread, it looks like Big Mom and Van Augur's bounties are shown, as well (though sadly that pic makes it too difficult to see their prices). Man, after the slight disappointment from Blue Deep this got me pumped up now!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-03-20 at 09:42.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:41   Link #256
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Ace's rapid growth rate, being the 2nd Division Commander of the WB pirates, and lineage, all warrant that price on his head most definitely. Not surprised by this value.

And with that being said, hopefully Oda will reveal the bounties of WB and the other division commanders as well.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:49   Link #257
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i wonder why Oda keep hiding bounty number for several people. sure surprised is the reason. but i doubt people will surprised to see say white beard have bounty of 9.000.000.000

Old 2012-03-19, 18:23   Link #258
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i wonder why Oda keep hiding bounty number for several people. sure surprised is the reason. but i doubt people will surprised to see say white beard have bounty of 9.000.000.000
Well it might in part be to help keep poeple guessing at how strong luffy and his crew is. Think for a moment; Ace has a bounty of 550 million and he is ranked between Marco and Jozu on whitebeard's crew... considering how those two performed against the admirals, we might be able to suppose that a pirate with a 600 million bounty might be able to tangle with an admiral. In a sense this starts to give us an idea how close or far away Luffy is from fighting such powerful enemies and how close or far away from the top. If we for instance knew that Whitebeard was at 1 billion, then we know that's the bench mark that Luffy will likely reach by the end of the series; WB's bounty acts sort of like a countdown clock for how long we got till Luffy makes it to the top of the mountain.
Old 2012-03-19, 21:22   Link #259
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just because Ace was 2nd Division leader does NOT mean he is ranked between Marco and Jozu. His being leader just means he controls a certain part of Whitebeard's crew.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:07   Link #260
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

That is a huge bounty for Ace. It is a lot higher then I expected. I think Jozu and Marcos should be higher. My thought process is Ace would never have been able to defeat an admiral one on one. He was never able to wield Haki. Jozu and Marco held there own pretty well against the admiral in the war except for the small misstep that proved costly for Jozu. Akainu vs. Akijio was pretty impressive fight to last 10 days. If Ace's bounty is higher then Jozu then it will be because he is the son of Gold D. Rogers.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote