AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 06:49   Link #8041
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
No, it's more the fact when I stopped a month ago, nearly every rep grind was done, the people I levelled with shafted me and I have nowhere or no one to raid with. LFR's rewards I obtained way too fast as Clogs already knows. So essentially, all I can do at this point is grind out LFRs for that legendary chain...then what? That's not appealing at all.
Pretty much the only thing is upgrading all that LFR gear via valor.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 07:09   Link #8042
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Pretty much the only thing is upgrading all that LFR gear via valor.
I got nearly all of it though thanks to luck with Sha and Galleon and tailoring...again, I really can't be stuffed chewing up a crapload of hours just to slightly upgrade a few slots. PvP bores me, PvE is better than Cata but without friends it's just not fun.
Old 2012-12-02, 08:05   Link #8043
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.1 patch notes
Players can now use PvE and PvP currencies to directly upgrade equipment by visiting Ethereal merchants in their respective Pandaria faction capitals.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/792...9_2012#general

So there's just another level of grind in the game now.

Pretty much the only thing keeping me subbed is 10man raiding. I'm in a Finnish-only guild with some good people, so that makes the game enjoyable for now. I would PvP more, but the bot situation is just too abysmal at the moment.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-12-02 at 09:15.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 12:51   Link #8044
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I came in a month later so I'm still grinding on Arygos US. I finished Cloud Serpent and Tiller just before 5.1 hit and has Golden Lotus to Revered just that night. I have the remained pre-Golden Lotus revered reps to Revered as well wit Shoa-Pan to Honored. The new rep for Operation Skyshield is fun I suppose. It also gains more rep for the Black Prince.

The gear upgrades could also be useful, but I'm still grinding Valor to get gear, so I don't have spare to upgrade yet.

There is the Brawler's Guild (not tried that, but the new Landfall quest chains take you there so you know it exists), if you like fighting.

Landfall also is suppose to have some interesting quests going for it all over Azeroth as the war heats up. From Pandaria to Daleran. From Silvermoon to Orgrimmar. From Stormwind to wherever...something is up. So far all I know of is that there is the rep stuff on the southern coast of Pandaria and some new Scenarios. No new raids or dungreons that I am aware of in 5.1. But they seem to be setting up the story of Hellscream's fall.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:05   Link #8045
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So a question, what's the health gap now from Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria?
Old 2012-12-02, 13:15   Link #8046
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

About 300-400k depending on your class.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:22   Link #8047
Kreceir

Any one else here that REALLY liked how Nagrand looks when the Burning Crusade came out?
I do, one of the best zones that definitely is the best one out there.
And I'm lucky enough to find a Fan art of that Area, Its absolutely amazing.
I hope you love it as much as I do
Images
Absolutely Amazing Grand Scale Fan Art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-27, 10:27   Link #8048
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nagrand was the gem zone of Burnign Crusade. Sholazar Basin was Wrath's. Maybe 4 Winds for Pandaria?

I have to say 5.1 is a real letdown....
Old 2012-12-27, 16:09   Link #8049
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most of Pandaria looks really good. The mountains are really well done, much more so than those in Wrath. But for places you want to stay, the around around Halfhill is it, though some places in the Jade Forest are really pretty, as are the mountain skyline in the north. The quality of the snow to rock is Alps worthy.

There will be a new raid and dailies quest island for 5.2

http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_5.2.0

Plus technically player housing once you "buy the farm".
Old 2012-12-29, 06:52   Link #8050
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I have to say 5.1 is a real letdown....
It's more an inbetween patch than a major content patch, and considering 5.2 is about to hit PTRs I don't mind them doing that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:38   Link #8051
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Landfall dailies quest chain has a lot of buildup to it in addition to the other daily quest rep grinds that tend to tell a story over the course of weeks. Building up towards something in later patches and raids.

In 5.1 we get a clear sign that Dalaran is split due to the war between the Alliance and the Horde. Jaina Proudmoore is pissed. Hellscream is pushing too many buttons I think. It takes a lot to piss off the Alliance's resident peacemakers, friend of Thrall...but he did it.

In 5.2 we are supposedly getting the Thunder King raid on an island. Also another world boss or two. The dailies will be run by the two mage factions from Dalaran, and will have lots of trolls and mogu to fight. I imagine it could be like the Sunwell dailies area on PVP servers.
Old 2012-12-29, 14:11   Link #8052
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I've lost a lot of motivation to play WoW, don't even have a 90. Hit 89, started looking at what to do at level cap, looked at all my alts, and realized the only thing waiting for me was endless dailies. Point grinds, rep grinds, badge grinds....and even with the shared account stuff it seems like Blizzard still found a way to make it hard for people who like alts. Been 89 for months, just can't bring myself to seriously sit down and finish it.

It's content, I guess, but it all feels so gated, and I absolutely despise the daily format. I never did the Argent or Molten stuff, and only just recently finished the Netherwing stuff from BC (mostly due to eggs being so easy to find now).

At this point it's more exciting to see all the datamined stuff than it is to play. Maybe I'm just burned out on MMOs.
Old 2012-12-29, 14:29   Link #8053
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

@Solace: That's what made me quit back in Cata after I had been at 85 for a while. It then happened with GW2 and I attributed it to burning out on this type of MMO. The only one I'm able to play now is EVE since it's so different.

It's really something to do, as you say, with the way its structured. I can't even do grinding quests in SP games because of it, I need something more. There needs to be some kind of "revolution" or something. I haven't even looked back at WoW since then.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 18:38   Link #8054
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

After watching a video on Destruction Warlocks in 5.1 I finally learned how to AOE in this spec outside of just Rain of Fire. Afterwhich I tried out the Fire and Brimstone group nuking in some of the dailies areas and it is really fun. That and the situational double 180K Chaos Bolt nukes on some of those health linked Mogu mobs it really nice.

I find that while it doesn't take a lot to kill a warlock, if they aren't paying attention, it is really, really hard to kill one that is. We have so many survival skills it can be amazing to survive for a non-tank class that wears cloth. I mean I've played warlock since the middle of TBC and I am amazed now at just how much punishment I can brush off via things that regain health quickly. If I can generate a massive number of Burning Embers quickly, I can keep my health up combined with Healthstones, and in my case, an engineering belt-health potion. Plus Life Tap and the health I get back from hitting mobs with my fire spells. Currently I can usually get has much health back as the quest mobs do to me in damage over the course of a fight. Or if not, I will regain that health back within the short time between fights. And if it gets really bad, I can Ember Tap once and get a quarter of by health back.

The only thing I miss is Life Tap...but unless I am spamming Rain of Fire everywhere or Fel Flame, I don't think I can run out of mana easily. I might be able to if the fight lasts more than a few minutes, but I've not had that happen yet were I've been able to stand still and just cast for that long (not tried doing that on a target dummy yet).
Old 2013-03-05, 14:48   Link #8055
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Patch 5.2 is live now.
Old 2013-03-06, 17:13   Link #8056
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Still subbed, but I don't think I have done anything past june 2011, didn't even bother to buy MoP

Really Cata was such a letdown, and thinking about how things turned more in "World of Daily-craft", I CBA-ed much more
I want to have some pride in the efforts I did, not instant gratification

I like adventure, discovery, and a challenge in those, instead of connect the dots -> Profit

I would like to see 50 levels of running around the world again
Find Mankrik's wife, get one-shot by Fel Reaver or any other Elite in a zone I shouldn't be at that level
live/play a story instead of a soap opera

Not grind levels, reps instances, heroics, points and raids like a rat running in a mill for a treat
just to do the same thing tomorrow, and the day after

The only thing keeping me subbed is the time and effort I spent in my character, and the certainty I won't be able to motivate myself to do it over again in the current type of gameplay
Old 2013-03-06, 21:19   Link #8057
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
The only thing keeping me subbed is the time and effort I spent in my character, and the certainty I won't be able to motivate myself to do it over again in the current type of gameplay
If you're not going to play, just unsub. Blizzard is not going to do anything to your account. I've unsubbed for over two years now but all my stuff is still there if I wanted to play.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 10:24   Link #8058
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In all honesty, in terms of the story and connectivity you crave, Pandaria is probably #2 in that regard. The Jade Forest line with Andiun, the SI;7 and Yu'lon was one of WoW's best zones and storylines for sure. Chen Stormstout's storyline went across several zones and was a good one. The four animal gods had decent storylines and aftermaths. The Kun-Lai/Townlong double punch was initially light hearted then became a real challenge. (Townlong while levelling was never a cake and required skill to avoid being ground down). Varian and co. got some decent treatment in 5.1. The scenarios are decent. And 5.2 has made gear acquirement rather fair even for the casual player.

However 5.2's lore is rather...weird...stupid even? Hopefully 5.3 and the immiment demise of Garrosh will be done properly. And yes, daily grinds can be annoying. But when you can roll them over fast simply by teaming with a couple of other people makes it bearable.

I don't raid anymore - benefits for time spent aren't worth it anymore and PvP is an unbalanced joke. Plus the mage nerfs went too far...I get they were a bit ahead of the curve, but the excessive nerfs to Arcane and Invocation were insulting. Typical Blizzard - leave it unbalanced for too long then go too far and force you to change specs when they attempt to.

The game's been around for over 8 years and may have been around beyond what it should have been. All franchises eventually run out of ideas and can't remain fresh/innovative forever. Blizzard stayed in business because in the long run, they did more things right than wrong, which their competition didn't.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:26   Link #8059
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Chen was fun this expansion. You don't interact with his a lot, but the acting is fun to listen to. Even in the Brewery talking to his auntie.

"This is no time for cookies... Well maybe just one cookie" Long silence. "Wait, these are ghost cookies. They are filling at all!'

I redid my Loremaster last year by completing all the revamped 1-60 zones. Some have changed a lot and others have not changed at all. Some didn't change but the presentation of the questlines was improved. Others reworked the zones so they have a story, rather than having you come into the zone only to finish questlines from other zones (and making you run from one end of the continent to the other and back three or five times). I think only three zones were not really changed at all, and with Pandaria, I suspect the Alliance chains around Theramore will change finally. The worst zone right now is Silithis. There are like 19 quests and no real story that I could do there.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-07 at 15:18.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:48   Link #8060
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Get me the Burning Legion and I'll think about playing again Blizzard.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows