AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-01, 06:32   Link #1061
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, can't say that you don't have a point. But the short description about them that we see explained to us at th eCG site seems to hype them up quite a bit, so I'd be disappointed if they failed in justifying that hype
Maybe its just to tease us then and when they do make an appearence the Op will be slightly altered just like the S1 OP2 which got changed after Todou and the 4HS joined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I believe the Lancelot Albion may be incredibly fast, probably one of the fastest knightmares, considering if you look at it's appearance in the OP frame-by-frame, you'd notice it doesn't just appear behind the Guren Shouten Hakkyokushiki, it actually drops down behind in a speedy blur. So it's potential incredible speed should make up for the lack of weapons. And Albion being speedy is a good thing, considering Conquista was slow and bulky and completely uncharacteristic of the Lancelot we're normally used to.
By that logic then the new Guren should be just as fast since not only has it received a trimming but also it has an extra float unit thing on each wing.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 06:42   Link #1062
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Maybe its just to tease us then and when they do make an appearence the Op will be slightly altered just like the S1 OP2 which got changed after Todou and the 4HS joined up.
Well, it's not impossible, but we'll see...

Quote:
By that logic then the new Guren should be just as fast since not only has it received a trimming but also it has an extra float unit thing on each wing.
Maybe, maybe not. The theory bladeofdarkness posted seems to imply that this might not be the case - though it might stillb e faster thna most knightmares. but agian, we'll see. The new Guren won't appear before the end of 17 at the very earliest after all...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 06:45   Link #1063
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Well, it's not impossible, but we'll see...

Maybe, maybe not. The theory bladeofdarkness posted seems to imply that this might not be the case - though it might stillb e faster thna most knightmares. but agian, we'll see. The new Guren won't appear before the end of 17 at the very earliest after all...
The original Guren and lancelot were evenly matched in speed and agilty, the Guren Aerial type and lancelot Conquista were again an even match, i fail to see why the same pattern should not continue to hold true unless at some point both team up under lulu's command. At that point there would be a need to differentiat the 2.
Old 2008-08-01, 06:51   Link #1064
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
The original Guren and lancelot were evenly matched in speed and agilty, the Guren Aerial type and lancelot Conquista were again an even match, i fail to see why the same pattern should not continue to hold true
I suppose I can agree there...

Quote:
unless at some point both team up under lulu's command. At that point there would be a need to differentiat the 2.
I don't quite see why because the Guren would as I see it excel at offense whereas the Lancelot would excel at defense. that makes them about equal and at the same time makes them different...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 06:59   Link #1065
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
I don't quite see why because the Guren would as I see it excel at offense whereas the Lancelot would excel at defense. that makes them about equal and at the same time makes them different...
I'm more inclined to believe they are evenly matched in speed, agility and defense with the Guren excelling in short range combat with the Lancelot being slightly weaker at meele but with superior mid/long range firepower.

Basically just the same as always but supped up to the extreme with their signature weapons massively enhanced.
Old 2008-08-01, 07:03   Link #1066
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually my theory was that the guren could direct more power to the new float unit
hence it should be faster then the albion (the extra fether is part of it)
unless my other theory proves right
i think the wings are used as shields as well (when the wing is closed it blocks attackes from that diraction
if that is the case then the number of fethers wouldnt effect the speed
Old 2008-08-01, 07:10   Link #1067
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually my theory was that the guren could direct more power to the new float unit
hence it should be faster then the albion (the extra fether is part of it)
unless my other theory proves right
i think the wings are used as shields as well (when the wing is closed it blocks attackes from that diraction
if that is the case then the number of fethers wouldnt effect the speed
What's the point though? The Lancelot Conquista has an all over MSV body shield and the Guren Aerial a radiation one, wouldn't it be a step backwards to only be able to defend from one direction?

Unless there slowly removing the unit's plot armor so your not sure who will buy the farm.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the extra feather part though.
Old 2008-08-01, 07:13   Link #1068
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
What's the point though? The Lancelot Conquista has an all over MSV body shield and the Guren Aerial a radiation one, wouldn't it be a step backwards to only be able to defend from one direction?

Unless there slowly removing the unit's plot armor so your not sure who will buy the farm.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the extra feather part though.

much stronger shields (almost shinkiro level,since its several fethers on each wing)
Old 2008-08-01, 07:18   Link #1069
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
much stronger shields (almost shinkiro level,since its several fethers on each wing)
The strength of Shinkirious' shields though is the fact that they can overlap each other reinforcing each other. The ones on the Albion and Ganesha do not seem to be capable of this.

Plus it make the Shinkiriou rather less impressive. Unless llyod does a bunk and upgrades it like he did with the Guren and lancelot. it really would be a fortress after that.
Old 2008-08-01, 07:21   Link #1070
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
The strength of Shinkirious' shields though is the fact that they can overlap each other reinforcing each other. The ones on the Albion and Ganesha do not seem to be capable of this.

Plus it make the Shinkiriou rather less impressive. Unless llyod does a bunk and upgrades it like he did with the Guren and lancelot. it really would be a fortress after that.
i did say almost like the shinkiro (not the same)
and the wings have several feathers on them so they might be able to overlap if closed around the KMF
well just have to wait and see
Old 2008-08-01, 07:26   Link #1071
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
i did say almost like the shinkiro (not the same)
and the wings have several feathers on them so they might be able to overlap if closed around the KMF
well just have to wait and see
Still not the same level of protection though. Lancelot Albion would at most have 6 layers and the Guren Ganesha 8 layers while the Shinkiriou has at least 40 small MSV shields.

Also if you view it in the case of the Guren and Lancelot when their wings are folded like this they would have little to zero mobilty
Old 2008-08-01, 07:29   Link #1072
PzIVf3

Its possible the Excalibur beam sword can cut through defensive beam shield and can use as anti-ship sword.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:30   Link #1073
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I never got the name "MSV Shields", according to the Plamodel boxes Lancelot's shields are called "Blaze Luminous" and this is why the Vincent's Needle Blazers, which are a derivative technology (turning a shield into a weapon), are called Needle Blazers. I've yet to see any official source call them "MSV shields".

Damn Wikipedia.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:32   Link #1074
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Still not the same level of protection though. Lancelot Albion would at most have 6 layers and the Guren Ganesha 8 layers while the Shinkiriou has at least 40 small MSV shields.

Also if you view it in the case of the Guren and Lancelot when their wings are folded like this they would have little to zero mobilty
ok
i'll give you that its not as powerfull as the shinkiro (not even close)
but the shinkiro was built for lulu
one of the less then ace pilots
so it was built for defense
the guren and albion are made for extremly offensive combat
they are piloted by the two aces of the show
so it could still be a much stronger shield system then the standard one (it could also be just part of the float unit , or even a weapon system all by itself which act as energy blades so it can slice enemy's it flys by)
who knows what it does
but whatever it does
the guren can direct more power for it to use then the lancelot (it was wired that way from scratch) and there for use it more effectivly
Old 2008-08-01, 07:45   Link #1075
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Its possible the Excalibur beam sword can cut through defensive beam shield and can use as anti-ship sword.
Its not a beam sword. Its a solid steel sword, although judging from the pics there seems to be more to it than that.

I doubted it would be a giant MVS though. Rolo's didn't fair to well against an object of great mass(Siegfrieds SH) or (Lancelots)against the original Gurens radiation wave.
Old 2008-08-01, 08:55   Link #1076
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Its not a beam sword. Its a solid steel sword, although judging from the pics there seems to be more to it than that.

I doubted it would be a giant MVS though. Rolo's didn't fair to well against an object of great mass(Siegfrieds SH) or (Lancelots)against the original Gurens radiation wave.

Remember sakuradite?

The pink glow suggests the sword is probably even made out of sakuradite.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:00   Link #1077
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Remember sakuradite?

The pink glow suggests the sword is probably even made out of sakuradite.
Someone posted that the official website said it was a blade made out of solid steel.

It might have a sakuradite coating to allow it to transfer elecricity effeciently(like the Shen Hu slash harkens) but thats about it.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:56   Link #1078
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
...If "MVS" stands for "Maser Vibration Sword" (which I don't exactly get...does the beam emit microwaves or something? ['cause "maser" actually means "Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation", just like "laser" means "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation"]), then what does "MSV" stand for?

(Here's an interesting fact; after trying to look around on the web for info on that, I did find out that the shields are actually referred to as "MSV particle shields". Perhaps the "M" in "MSV" stands for "meson"?)
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:58   Link #1079
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
...If "MVS" stands for "Maser Vibration Sword" (which I don't exactly get...does the beam emit microwaves or something? ['cause "maser" actually means "Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation", just like "laser" means "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation"]), then what does "MSV" stand for?

(Here's an interesting fact; after trying to look around on the web for info on that, I did find out that the shields are actually referred to as "MSV particle shields". Just thought that was interesting.)
They're not called "MSV shields" anywhere other than wikipedia and the Code Geass wiki at wikia, AFAIK. Plamodel boxes for Lancelot, as well as the official website description for Lancelot Conquista call them "Blaze Luminous".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:21   Link #1080
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They're not called "MSV shields" anywhere other than wikipedia and the Code Geass wiki at wikia, AFAIK. Plamodel boxes for Lancelot, as well as the official website description for Lancelot Conquista call them "Blaze Luminous".
What about Shinkirou's shielding, then? What is that referred to as?
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha