AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 11:37   Link #481
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Just started and got caught up with the series and I have to say it's one of the better series I've read recently. The story, characters, and setting are all interesting. I do find it a bit hard to believe that people with Iris are completely prejudiced against Iris Zeros after just five years and none of their parents having them, especially since most prejudices are passed on from parents to children, but it's one of the suspension of disbelief scenarios. Thankfully, the author's character development makes up for the lack of believability.
Old 2011-06-12, 11:48   Link #482
Exether

Nice manga, the setup is great and I think that more than being prejudiced is the same behavior that rich kids have in front of poor kids, or popular kids when confronted with umpopular ones when they interact in the same location. So yeah, is not about predjuice, is about seing someone as less than you which I can relate (Didn't have the most memorable highschool years , athough I never considered myself a bullied kid, I was part of the outcast group... Ah... being a kid )
Old 2011-06-27, 21:46   Link #483
Xacual

Apparently Iris Zero is having a big announcement next month.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:37   Link #484
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
likely an anime
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 23:02   Link #485
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
likely an anime
I don't know about that, there's only 20 chapters out.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 00:09   Link #486
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
蛍たかな先生+ピロ式先生の『アイリス・ゼロ』は、次号アライブ9月号にて巻頭カラー&リバーシブル表紙で 登場! 重・大・発・表あります! コミックス最新4巻は7月23日発売! いろいろとご期待くださいませ!
Yeah, next issue they have color pages, plus a flip-back cover, sitting beside a repeat of their announcement that volume 4 is coming out July 23. It looks like at minimum, an adaptation of some kind is happening. I'm guessing a drama CD. Most novice series leave the 2D world starting from there.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:46   Link #487
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
in about a year we're gonna get an anime, trust me
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 14:19   Link #488
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Also think the probability of this getting animated at some point is pretty high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
in about a year we're gonna get an anime, trust me
Those words are forbiden!
Old 2011-06-28, 17:16   Link #489
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^my predictions usually become the eventual truth, so look out for it =/ Never jynxed anythin
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 17:46   Link #490
Shadow5YA

As much as I would like an anime, it's a bit too soon. I want the manga to get farther into the story before it happens.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 04:40   Link #491
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

At least one more big arc of material for a 12-13 episode anime IMO.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 11:48   Link #492
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Yes, this whole "being your friend" thing is a setup. Alpha female engage.
When jealousy and insecurity took over Koyuki, she starts to use her power to see which girls are suitable to be Toru's wife. Once she gathered all the information she needs, she will exterminate those girls. One by one...silently while acting innocent in front of Toru.

With Toru's supreme intellect, he managed to solve this case and resulting Koyuki got imprisoned. Toru's last word for Koyuki : I will wait for you...even it is 20 years sentence

Koyuki breakdown and cry.

Arc end.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 11:51   Link #493
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
When jealousy and insecurity took over Koyuki, she starts to use her power to see which girls are suitable to be Toru's wife. Once she gathered all the information she needs, she will exterminate those girls. One by one...silently while acting innocent in front of Toru.

With Toru's supreme intellect, he managed to solve this case and resulting Koyuki got imprisoned. Toru's last word for Koyuki : I will wait for you...even it is 20 years sentence

Arc end.
YOu know? It could be the next arc. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:25   Link #494
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
At least one more big arc of material for a 12-13 episode anime IMO.
Actually, now that I think about it, an OVA isn't impossible, though I wouldn't like it. AFAIK, they tend to have terrible budgets.
Old 2011-07-01, 21:18   Link #495
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:

Arc end.
lol..... dejavu with CodeGeass's Euphienator scene....

no way! that's an awful ending and quick one.... I want more arc.... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:23   Link #496
JokerD

Quote:

Arc end.
I would think that no matter how she tried, she can't find a suitable person for Toru. She wallows in despair over how her friend will be lonely for life, forgetting to look up.

This can be mixed in to other arcs as she goes around looking for people with qualification.

In the mean time, a band of other iris zeros band together to take revenge on the irises who have been oppressing and bullying them, they have the support of the grown up who fear the power of the children with iris. Random attacks take place, getting more serious each time and they try to get Toru to join them. The gang must run around to stop the attacks and placate the iris zero so that the gang will disband. With their main detective's alliance in doubt, can the gang resolve this crisis before someone is killed?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:25   Link #497
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

My setup:

The whole iris things actually originate from the alien's conspiracy who want to take over the world. There's noway something ridiculous like would simply popped up anyway. And they have complete control over "infected" people with ability to use their "real" iris to take over command of the infected body, like tell them to strip naked and run around town. Their first experiment was in a certain high school, and now Toru needs to investigate about why people with iris unconsciously doing crazy things, which he soon will expose alien's agenda.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:24   Link #498
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I would think that no matter how she tried, she can't find a suitable person for Toru. She wallows in despair over how her friend will be lonely for life, forgetting to look up.

This can be mixed in to other arcs as she goes around looking for people with qualification.

In the mean time, a band of other iris zeros band together to take revenge on the irises who have been oppressing and bullying them, they have the support of the grown up who fear the power of the children with iris. Random attacks take place, getting more serious each time and they try to get Toru to join them. The gang must run around to stop the attacks and placate the iris zero so that the gang will disband. With their main detective's alliance in doubt, can the gang resolve this crisis before someone is killed?
I thought of scenarios involving other Iris Zeros, but I didn't think of a violent Iris Zero... because they tend to be outnumbered. Now that you mention the adults, the idea is more plausible.

I imagined that Toru meets another Iris Zero from another school who has more successfully hid his identity and is a popular sports team member, and introduces him to his friends, who accidentally out him to the school. Toru tries to prevent that IZ from being beaten to death by his team and schoolmates. He fails. For the first time, Toru does not forgive.
Old 2011-07-10, 03:11   Link #499
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I imagined that Toru meets another Iris Zero from another school who has more successfully hid his identity and is a popular sports team member
I personally really, really hope that this manga stays away from the shounen logic of having a rival who is the same as the same character "in power and relevance" but later ends up in nothing. In other words I wouldn't enjoy if Toru meets a smug Iris Zero who is after Koyuki and plays dirty. It would be interesting if he meets a smart Iris Zero and he starts drifting from the group naturally or something.

About next arcs... Who knows? Perhaps I would like something like Koyuki unwillingly seeing someone qualified to be her lover who isn't we know who. Or perhaps something about Tokita playing conspiracy and trying to be a cupid with someone from the main cast?

..... I do wonder "what is the news" to be announced in the next issue. To be honest with 3 volumes it feels too early for any for any other type of adaptation (weither it is OVA, Drama CD, Light Novel and Of course Anime). Maybe is something "smaller" like Iris Zero moving to another magazine and thus another release schedule? Time will tell.
Old 2011-07-11, 12:37   Link #500
SwiftAsLeaves

You know what guys ever think about first impression of this manga being a shoujo manga? Some people that first reading iris zero thought this is a shoujo manga... you know
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen