AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-03, 16:41   Link #1
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

[Amateur Movie] Metal Gear Solid : Philantropy

Here a new thread to talk about Metal Gear Solid : Philantropy an amateur movie in the Metal Gears univers. I just watch it and it's really good for an amanteur movie !

Here the link on Dailymotion :

http://www.dailymotion.com/fr/featur...hil_shortfilms

Or youtube (but it's in several differents part ) :

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...=hive+division

The man who plays Snake is really good. He has the same voice and the physical aspect is practically the same ! The other characters are good too. I like Leclerc and Elizabeth and I really wonder what's going one with this last one.

The story seems really good for the moment but it's only the first part of the movie, so it's difficult to judge. There is some interesting part such as the people who seems to be controlled by something or the strange masked man.

Technically, for an amateur movie, it's impressive. The gears are well animated and not to much out of the setting. The fight scene are good too

So overall, it's really an impressive work for an amateur movie. Go watch it if you're a fan of MGS. It's an order !
Old 2009-10-03, 19:28   Link #2
Lonewolf

that wasn't to bad I actually want to see part two now, did u watch the funny outtakes at the end past the credits kinda funny.
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 23:04   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I remember buying PS1 when Metal Gear Solid came out. Big fan here, so skepticism ruled when I heard about this movie. All I can say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well this movie is made for an amaeturish production.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 11:17   Link #4
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Snake's actor has quite the same voice as David Hayter. That was fun

For an amateur production, that was quite good (I wonder what Kojima will think about it. I'm pretty sure he will watch it sooner or later. Might give him some ideas for a movie).

I regret the absence of the main music theme, but Kojima didn't use it in MGS4 either, because of a copyright problem since that incident I believe:

Anyway, since beside the music the opening sequence was greatly made in that movie, i feel like posting those two videos that made great use of the Main MGS Theme music:

Harry Gregson Williams remix of the theme was great in MGS2.

Again HGW did a great remix of the main theme of the series, while composing a new MGS3 theme.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 02:27   Link #5
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I thought it was a great adaptation of the game.
Of course, I've only played MGS3-4 (couldn't stand the camera system on 1).

Voice acting was rather good even though it seemed to get out of synch with the character at times. But what do you expect out of a film with no budget?

Last edited by Takeru; 2009-10-05 at 02:45.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:09   Link #6
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
I thought it was a great adaptation of the game.
Of course, I've only played MGS3-4 (couldn't stand the camera system on 1).

Voice acting was rather good even though it seemed to get out of synch with the character at times. But what do you expect out of a film with no budget?
A lot of people will not agree with me, but MGS2 was great. I really advise you to give it a try

I rather wonder, what would those people be able to do if they had a budget? Surely something way better
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:45   Link #7
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
A lot of people will not agree with me, but MGS2 was great. I really advise you to give it a try

I rather wonder, what would those people be able to do if they had a budget? Surely something way better
I agree with you. The truth is that MGS2 is my fav MGS I don't like the third because of the camera

Quote:
I regret the absence of the main music theme, but Kojima didn't use it in MGS4 either, because of a copyright problem since that incident I believe:
Yep I heard that too. And it's not the only one >_>"

About the movie I think it's even better that some professional movie with more important budget. They really did a good job
Old 2009-10-05, 13:37   Link #8
Jaden

Never liked metal gear solid too much. It takes itself too seriously when the plot is so convoluted and full of bullshit.

It'd be great for hollywood! As shown by this movie. It is rather well made.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amateur, metal gear, movie