AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 13:44   Link #17361
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Apparently the NanoFate.Net boards want to lynch me at times over our Day in the Life story, RB.
I support Nanya's fics and ideas :3 *hands out buttons to NanoFate.Net*

[EDIT] Page claim for being yourself!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:47   Link #17362
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Apparently the NanoFate.Net boards want to lynch me at times over our Day in the Life story, RB.
Yes, that's one of the other reasons I've drifted away from the NanoFate pairing. The complete and utter intolerance of a rather vocal part of its fanbase. I mean, I can understand not liking art or fics without your favorite pairings, but to start calling people trolls or furfags for posting them?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:48   Link #17363
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
You should see what they say about me at other boards. I think I have a community of people who want to lynch me hehe.
Really? In what places? Everywhere I go, you're reveared as a god! Seriously. I'm considered some sort of monster, bent on destroying the fandom with my 'Yuuno obsession' by direct comparison. I've been told I should be like you numerous times.

Well, I certainly have a high level of respect for you, so I wouldn't mind being more like you, but I know those comments are meant in the sense of "Satashi is a great writer! He writes NanoFate! You should follow his lead!"

I have no real intention of following that particular piece of advice >>

EDIT:

Quote:
Lets not even mention the death threats I got when I released my last yuunoha ^_____^
That's totally grounds for pulling an Anno and making "The End of Nanoha." Tang for all!

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2009-10-21 at 13:50. Reason: Fast board is fast
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:51   Link #17364
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Really? In what places? Everywhere I go, you're reveared as a god! Seriously. I'm considered some sort of monster, bent on destroying the fandom with my 'Yuuno obsession' by direct comparison. I've been told I should be like you numerous times.

Well, I certainly have a high level of respect for you, so I wouldn't mind being more like you, but I know those comments are meant in the sense of "Satashi is a great writer! He writes NanoFate! You should follow his lead!"

I have no real intention of following that particular piece of advice >>
Bah, you need to be yourself. Write what you like and ignore anyone who says you should stick to a specific couple.

I love Yuuno, and I will write Yuuno in my fics. Even if its NanoFate, I still consider him a valuable character.

Did you know that I was originally a strict Yuunoha fan? I didn't like NanoFate at all, and only did one because someone here requested it. I took the request and later expanded on it (that was Rebirth, BTW). But yeah, originally I was a pure Nanoha/Yuuno shipper ^_^

One of me is bad enough, god help it if there's another
Old 2009-10-21, 13:52   Link #17365
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I've posted almost 90 fics on FF.N, I have a little head start over you Remember, I get my share of flames and "you suck" as well. My numbers are a little higher because I'm simply "known" in the fan community because I have such a vast amount of fics (and personal doujin scans/ a doujin released with Angel, and everyone who downloads NanoFate doujinshi all see my name and link to my account at end of some translated things.) But higher numbers also mean more people not liking my works. You should see what they say about me at other boards. I think I have a community of people who want to lynch me hehe.
I don't even get s, though sometimes I'm not sure why.

I know why all of my fics are panned. Doesn't mean I don't want it to be that way.

Oh, and *hugs Satashi*.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:53   Link #17366
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, that's one of the other reasons I've drifted away from the NanoFate pairing. The complete and utter intolerance of a rather vocal part of its fanbase. I mean, I can understand not liking art or fics without your favorite pairings, but to start calling people trolls or furfags for posting them?
Personally, if people are flaming me and Nanya so severely, I want to see what it is they're saying. I'm curious to see what they say when they aren't reviewing the fic or talking to us on any of the boards we visit.
Old 2009-10-21, 13:54   Link #17367
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
A true review also takes a lot of time to put together. At most I usually note a particular thing I liked (such as the Shamal/Miyuki in 'a day in the life'), or a flaw that really stands out (such as Yuuno's father dieing just recently, even though he never had any parents and was raised by the clan, and him feeling lonely even though he by his own words considers everyone in the clan family) but a real review will talk about the good and bad points of the entire chapter, and can easily be a few hundred words in size.
*looks at that* oh? *Looks at the flaws* See? This is the things that I like to take note of it. But... Thank you.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:09   Link #17368
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
On the note of "be more like Satashi" I have to say this: I incorperate other people into my writing as well (one reason I don't read)

Just look at Syn, she's my little piece of Keroko :3 So you can't be like me, 'cause I'm not me either XDDDDD
*Laugh* God knows what I am, then. I'm probably some sort of genetic mutation of Nora Roberts, Lee Child, Stephen King, Nagaru Tanigawa, and who knows what else.

I may read little fanfiction, but I read a LOT of novels. Went through seven over the summer break alone. Naturally I try to incorporate bits of style I like into my own work.

Don't worry, Satashi. I may want to be a little more like you, but not exactly like you. That would involve sneaking into your house, removing your skin and wearing your face as a mask. I'm afraid I lack the resources to pull that off

... Or do I?
Old 2009-10-21, 14:10   Link #17369
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya View Post
Yuuno smiled sheepishly. "My father wasn't much of a father to me. From my memories of him, he wasn't much of a husband to my mother, either." He sighed. "It's been haunting me for awhile, to be honest."
Important correction here, Yuuno's parents, both of them, died when he was very little and he was raised by his clan, he doesn't appear to have any specific father-figures in his life. It's in ep9 of the first season.

Next, while this could be true,

Quote:
"I wouldn't know, honestly. Even when I was young and growing up with the clan, I mostly lived with different family members to learn the skills they felt I needed to know."
I don't think this is plausible,

Quote:
"To survive on my own. All the children in the clan were expected to strike out at a certain age and make a name for themselves... somehow. In a way, we weren't expected to come home, really."
Clans stick together. Dispersion like this pretty much destroys their identity as a clan. Within two generations, they won't think of themselves of members of X-clan, but as [person name] ownself or as members of whatever community they end up in.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:11   Link #17370
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

*Looks at Jimmy C.* Really? *Blinks*

okay. Thanks.

Oh, RadiantBeam... We need to go and do some editing there!

Old 2009-10-21, 14:13   Link #17371
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh yes, and since Yuuno pretty much thinks of his clan as a family, so I don't think there was much depression going on there.
Old 2009-10-21, 14:17   Link #17372
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

*nods* This is why I post here before I post to FF.Net.

Old 2009-10-21, 14:17   Link #17373
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Oh yes, and since Yuuno pretty much thinks of his clan as a family, so I don't think there was much depression going on there.
Besides, he has a harem :3

Yuuno: *sad*
Nanoha: Awwwww cheer up! Come on, have a 4-way with Hayate-chan, Fate-chan, and me!
Yuuno:*sighs* well...okay, why not?
Fate:That's the spirit!
Hayate:Can I be middle this time?
Old 2009-10-21, 14:18   Link #17374
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Haven't read the fic in question, but I wanted to address a couple of points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Quote:
"I wouldn't know, honestly. Even when I was young and growing up with the clan, I mostly lived with different family members to learn the skills they felt I needed to know."
I don't think this is plausible,
I do. Every clan is different, but there is a saying "It takes a village to raise a child." Even more so for one who has no parents. I can easily see the clan taking care of, teaching, and raising Yuuno as a group. It's not out of the question.

Quote:
Clans stick together. Dispersion like this pretty much destroys their identity as a clan. Within two generations, they won't think of themselves of members of X-clan, but as [person name] ownself or as members of whatever community they end up in.
Partially agree. Clans do stick together. I just see the Scrya clan as one that moves around like nomads, checking out archeology digs and ruins. Members may strike out on their own for smaller stuff, but it's their shared heritage and love of archeology that binds them together, so they may gather together for bigger stuff.

Though there's not too much information on his clan, so there are many plausible scenarios that could be developed. Oh, and I might bet that Yuuno thinks of himself more as a member of the TSAB family (and perhaps a member of the family group that encompasses the main cast) more than a Scrya, though he remembers his roots.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:20   Link #17375
Jimmy C

Slight mistake in my previous post, edited, but figured I should mention it here as well. It's ep nine of season one, not ep one. Sorry.
Old 2009-10-21, 14:22   Link #17376
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Well, there was a degree of loneliness, though right? He did have that bonding moment with Nanoha during season 1 over their similar childhoods. Even if the whole clan raised him, not having a specific person as his dedicated care taker is certain to cause some issue.
Old 2009-10-21, 14:36   Link #17377
Nijiru

@Nanya: Nice, as always. I'm not going to side either way on the Scrya clan thing, as it's your work and you can do what you want with it.
@Alavon: Thank you.
@Satashi: I'll remember that for later, and I'll repost the fic once I go over it again. Probably some time tonight. All I'm really looking for is a small review saying "That was good" or "That sucked" or the like, like every other fic posted here gets. I can ask questions on how to improve my writing with that information.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:37   Link #17378
Jimmy C

That's possible, but not the issue that Nanya wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I do. Every clan is different, but there is a saying "It takes a village to raise a child."
I agree. If you take a closer look at my post that you quoted, you'll see that last line you quoted was meant to refer to the next quote below it.

Quote:
Members may strike out on their own for smaller stuff, but it's their shared heritage and love of archeology that binds them together, so they may gather together for bigger stuff.
Keywords, gather together. Clans aren't just a bunch of related people living together. There's customs and traditions supported by those people and impressed upon their descendants. These form the identity, "We are [name] clan."
A clan that, as standard practice, kicks its young out never gets around to imposing that identity upon them. Even if the kids hold on to some part of that identity, on their own, they wouldn't be able to impress more than a fraction of that on their children. Those children in turn are unlikely to pass on any at all to their own descendants.
As a result, clan identity gone after two generations.
Old 2009-10-21, 14:37   Link #17379
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, there was a degree of loneliness, though right? He did have that bonding moment with Nanoha during season 1 over their similar childhoods. Even if the whole clan raised him, not having a specific person as his dedicated care taker is certain to cause some issue.
True, being raised by the clan isn't the same as being raised by your parents, so not having any parents may been somewhat lonely for Yuuno, but I doubt it's 'cast out on your own' level lonely.
Old 2009-10-21, 14:41   Link #17380
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
True, being raised by the clan isn't the same as being raised by your parents, so not having any parents may been somewhat lonely for Yuuno, but I doubt it's 'cast out on your own' level lonely.
In my defense...

Yuuno was digging around by himself at age 9...

And when Lindy said that it would take 6 months to get back to Mid-Childa at the end of the first season, Yuuno was quite alright with it and mentioned that he wouldn't see his clan anyway, even if he could get back.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha