AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-21, 01:17   Link #141
eiyuu99

Ceceilia needs to master using her gun and Blue Tears simultaneously.
Inertia Canceler is unlikely to cover hemisphere to sphere range.
Old 2011-02-21, 01:42   Link #142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
In terms of skill level, they were outmatched by Yamada-sensei: it's the equivalent of two pilots from flight school going to Top Gun and getting their asses handed to them by instructors in A-4s and F-5s. (Now, at least, Top Guy uses F-16s and F/A-18s).

It's the same with Laura - Laura's been trained by Chifuyuu, and her AIC is one helluva defense - also note that she's dominating the fight and tanking everything they throw at her. Remember also that these girls are civillians, and aren't used to thinking militarily, while Laura is apparently a member of the Bundesheer.

Against the rest of the civillian girls, Cecilia and Rin are better pilots. That doesn't mean much against Laura, however.

It's like comparing the skillset between a civillian chopper pilot and an Apache pilots.
Rin kept using her Dragon Canon instead of her swords, despite the former not working. Cecilia kept missing her target, despite Laura not moving around much. She also got too close - what's the point of being a sniper if you're not going to fight at range?
Old 2011-02-21, 02:37   Link #143
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Rin kept using her Dragon Canon instead of her swords, despite the former not working. Cecilia kept missing her target, despite Laura not moving around much. She also got too close - what's the point of being a sniper if you're not going to fight at range?
It was mostly because Cecilia and Rin were not clear in thought when fighting and were more outraged and thinking of what Laura did to Ichika (big slap) (and the constant hate) so they just went at it.

Of course if Cecilia concentrated a bit more, she can use multiple attacking points with her Blue Tears like eiyuu99 said, Laura might not be able to defend herself in a sphere-like way against attacks from all sides.
Old 2011-02-21, 03:27   Link #144
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The drawback of the AIC is that it also affects the hand that casts it, meaning that with the AIC active, Laura is rooted to the spot. She adapted by using Rin as a projectile.

Also, her dodging Blue Tears shots might be interpretted to mean that her shield cannot stop attacks with no mass, ie, beams.

Still, one does question the designers' idea for not including beam weaponry on a machine who's shield screws anything with mass.

Either way, I bet Laura's Second Shift turns her into Accelerator.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:08   Link #145
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I would have to say that Aroduc said it best:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-21, 05:07   Link #146
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I was about to give my thoughts to this episode with its nice action scenes... but then came the next ep preview, and my mind went totally blank...

Spoiler for Next episode:

haha yeah^_^ it will be a fun scene. of course he will be all shy about it. but yeah i bet something funny well happen like more people coming in haha

*waves France Flag*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Spoiler:

ah have fun at japan! XD

As I said before, if you want to get into Ichikia's underpants, you gotta dress up as a guy first to get your foot into the door.
haha true tell they find out she is a girl lol XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
*Thumbs up* GO Charlotte!!! XD WOOOT She is so awesome Making her move while Ichika is sleeping! Kiss on the forehead! She is like the most winner of this series. I support Ichika x Charlotte all the way!!!
lol XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
Spoiler for :

yeah the fighting was great it was about time some stuff happen
Old 2011-02-21, 06:40   Link #147
Forsaken_Infinity

9 outta 10 just because of one girl. I sincerely hope they don't dumb her down once another girl's arc starts. You don't have to turn her into a zombie fangirl with a bitchy attitude... just give the other girl that focus crap while retaining her normal behavior. Although every other girl so far was a bitch to begin with so Charlotte can't possibly end up as bad as they are.

And please hell no to a harem end. When a girl is clearly that much more deserving than every other one, she shouldn't be ripped off of. And before you point out the German bitch, she has a running mouth and a hot temper, it's just like Chifuyu said, she is just a kid who thinks she is important. There's no way she is going to have as much depth as Charlotte although I do admit that Charlotte's plot device was very generic as well. I don't see the Laura girl topping Charlotte and in case she does turn out to not be rotten material like the rest then I hope she gets her yuri wish fulfilled while I see Charlotte get what she deserves.
Old 2011-02-21, 06:53   Link #148
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

To everyone here... Laura was forced to dodge Blue Tear's beam stuff. The only thing she tanked was Rin's impact cannon, that compresses and uses air as power. AIC being AIC, it only stops massese, thus why Yukihura was stuck in place, thus why she stopped all the bullets coming from Charlotte, thus why Rin's weapons were stopped (she uses mass). The only weapons that could go through were Cecilia's (you see Laura clearly making maneuvers to dodge the blasts).

Of course, plot being plot, Lin had to be the one always ending up being able to hit Laura, and Cecilia mostly just sat back and didn't do much, until Rin was sent flying away. Then, yes, there's Laura's training.

But now... seeing the AIC stop the bullets..... why must I feel the need to post... THIS:

Time to go get some shooping done on Laura.

ZA WARUDO!
Old 2011-02-21, 08:49   Link #149
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Anyone notice that as girls are added to the ED harem, the new one is in 'first place', while the rest are in the order introduced (and therefore, Houki is always in second)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Hmmm I was rewatching this episode and I noticed something strange, then I confirm it.

Why are Ichika/Charles on the N.3 Seed fighting N.2 seed Laura/Houki........when N.1 seed is going directly to second round without a fight , just like n14 seed.
Those aren't seeds, just placements. (After all, in a fourteen member field, Seeds 1 and 2 would pass on and play the winners of 8 vs 9 and 7 vs 10 respectively) Since the first-years haven't fought much, I doubt there's enough known about how good they are to seed them in the first place. Seeding might be done in the Second-year and/or Third-year tourneys though.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:46   Link #150
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Houki's the Unlucky Childhood Friend.

This is because the Final Girl who'll win will be Chifu-

*Goose is shot repeatedly*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-21, 11:55   Link #151
TrueKnight

Most of us here have been oogling on Ichika x Charles quite a bit. I predict in the next 2 eps its Laura's turn becuase she's bound to melt on Ichika sooner or later. However Charles will still remain top spot due to her womanly, gentle, bashful and patient nature. Qualities that seems to lack on the other rather agressive haremettes.

The ultimate Tsundere would be most likely Laura instead of Houki though.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:27   Link #152
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The ultimate Tsundere would be most likely Laura instead of Houki though.
Maybe to use it to help Houki's mellowing be believable? I dunno. But I agree.

Houki's inferiority complex has gotta be a plot point later.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:44   Link #153
rowanatkinson23

in my opinion Laura can't be a tsundere, she will be more like unable to express her feelings due to being in military and lack of social skills unlike Rin, who is more like a tsundere, keeps on denying her feelings for Ichika
Old 2011-02-21, 17:39   Link #154
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanatkinson23 View Post
in my opinion Laura can't be a tsundere, she will be more like unable to express her feelings due to being in military and lack of social skills unlike Rin, who is more like a tsundere, keeps on denying her feelings for Ichika
I give her high chances of being a masochist. All that slapping and beating the shit out of everyone is just her way of showing love.
Old 2011-02-21, 20:44   Link #155
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I give her high chances of being a masochist. All that slapping and beating the shit out of everyone is just her way of showing love.
Um... Sadist?
Old 2011-02-21, 23:59   Link #156
rowanatkinson23

I think "shy girl" would be fine... because she can't/afraid to express her feelings to ichika
Old 2011-02-22, 08:04   Link #157
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Um... Sadist?
Um… yes you're right; since she's inflicting it on others, rather then herself, it's sadism. thanks for the correction.
Old 2011-02-22, 14:34   Link #158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She could still be an M. Maybe she's looking for someone to punish her.
Old 2011-02-22, 17:20   Link #159
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
She must be a hardcore masochist after what she did with Cecilia and Rin... Expecting a very, very severe punishment..
Old 2011-02-22, 18:00   Link #160
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Well for the record Chifuyu does like pounding her students on the head.
Closed Thread