AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 09:50   Link #21
rakusukira

to me, gundam is about conflict between humans, rivaling opinions, man's selfishness and it's effects on the world, innocent protagonists getting caught in the crossfire, POLITICS and its selfish POLITICIANS, DRAMA..

so even if the story gets recycled over and over, i always feel like they are original in many ways. this never ending conflict of humanity against it's own kind is always mind boggling and very much GUNDAM + the unbelievable mechs..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:21   Link #22
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Something that would, in my opinion be interesting and a new way for gundam to take would be to combine it with something like Mass Effect.

Image Mass effect + Gundam, how could it possibly go wrong?

Grim dark scenarios, something like the Geth or Reapers attacking the galaxy as a whole, Humanity and other races uniting to fight a common enemy, together combining their technologies to create a Mobile suit known as " Gundam "
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 12:13   Link #23
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Something that would, in my opinion be interesting and a new way for gundam to take would be to combine it with something like Mass Effect.

Image Mass effect + Gundam, how could it possibly go wrong?

Grim dark scenarios, something like the Geth or Reapers attacking the galaxy as a whole, Humanity and other races uniting to fight a common enemy, together combining their technologies to create a Mobile suit known as " Gundam "
see you need alien!

yeah is very hard to see if gundam is going black and white morality

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 21:54   Link #24
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
see you need alien!

yeah is very hard to see if gundam is going black and white morality
Not really, the draft for ME3 saw a pretty interesting issue

Spoiler for ME3 draft:
Old 2011-11-20, 23:39   Link #25
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I think it might be interesting if a Gundam goes the Tiberium Wars route. Two major factions fights an all-out war (again) when aliens invade...and instead of banding together, which is the norm, they just keep fighting each other while adding the aliens to their list of targets

Oh, and using the more-hazardous tiberium in place of GN particles or the likes? MWAHAHA

EDIT: A bit off-topic, but I'm not buying any ME3 spoilers until the game itself comes out. Who knows which one would be altered before finalization. Assuming they are not hoax in the first place.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:43   Link #26
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Hell, anything that gives us a intergalactic show with giant robots and sweet mecha battles.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 09:16   Link #27
casval cehack

Has these been done before in MS IGLOO 2 Gravity Front (the one without Monique Cadillac)?
Spoiler for story:

Last edited by casval cehack; 2011-11-21 at 09:24. Reason: spoiler tagged incase
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:41   Link #28
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I think it might be interesting if a Gundam goes the Tiberium Wars route. Two major factions fights an all-out war (again) when aliens invade...and instead of banding together, which is the norm, they just keep fighting each other while adding the aliens to their list of targets

Oh, and using the more-hazardous tiberium in place of GN particles or the likes? MWAHAHA

EDIT: A bit off-topic, but I'm not buying any ME3 spoilers until the game itself comes out. Who knows which one would be altered before finalization. Assuming they are not hoax in the first place.
This is what needs to be done, some claim that Gundam AGE will be dark though although I want a gundam series blatantly dark in both story and setting.