AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 18:29   Link #701
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What if I told you JC staff was going to be in charge of the next Gundam series? And Yoshino was at it again. That's never going to happen, of course, but surely it may have a negative thought on your part, even if it means you would get to see more of your favorite franchise or series.
Uh huh, like how JC Staff working on a Key series was never going to happen... >.>
Old 2012-04-09, 18:41   Link #702
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Uh huh, like how JC Staff working on a Key series was never going to happen... >.>
Anything can happen. Dare to dream and be surprised. That is why I always try to conjure all kinds of ridiculous scenarios because you will laugh if it is true.

I sorta laughed too at this, tbh with JC doing this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-09, 18:42   Link #703
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
It doesn't. I should have put out more emoticons to indicate sarcasm I guess.

Sort of an in-joke between us, sorry. I just wanted to do an analogy to something with more emotional attachment since Kaioshin doesn't care too much about Key. It's a conjuring of a worst-case scenario for Kaioshin , from what I know of him, which is of course subjective per person. Formula went (Beloved franchise + disliked staff= ?) I could have just said that, but it would have been less colorful.

Edit: And before anyone brings up the "Nobody cares about you Gaijin peasant's opinions", these concerns, regardless of how valid they are, are very real... http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=424245 It's not just the western fanbase, because I sure as hell know the people higher ups are not addressing us.
Nobody cares about your opinion Archon cause x number of people feel the opposite.

I wonder though if Key giving J.C Staff and Warner their official blessing for the project will appease fans:

Spoiler for hint:

Also I'll just say that while I normally don't care much for Key at all this is like the one time I'm legitimately glad a Key anime is being made and cannot wait for it to air.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-04-09 at 18:56.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:44   Link #704
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i have faith in jc while its only one season, they ALWAYS screw up second seasons, that probably what saved toradora, that they didnt splitted in 2 seasons of 13 like they intended to.
Old 2012-04-09, 19:57   Link #705
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
What what are you talking about? There is so such thing as an anime adaption of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
2. People don't bother reading the past discussion before posting their opinion.
True dat XD I've been following for the long haul

I will just wait and see what becomes produced from them. My initial shock is over, but I'm willing to give them a try as KEY has asked us to do.
Old 2012-04-09, 21:57   Link #706
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
What what are you talking about? There is so such thing as an anime adaption of that
That one concept they were planning to go with that they released a series of PVs for with good music involved.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:40   Link #707
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
I highly doubt this is the best proposal they can get. Maybe I am wrong because I don't know much about how they make proposals. But look at White Fox's opening for Rewrite for example:

In my opinion, this was a way better job than the preview trailer for Little Busters.
Actually, it doesn't have a heart to me. It's just a string of action scenes with an"action sounding" OP to me.

And I was so looking forward to buying this title....Here's hoping that JC Staff's A studio has their A++ game on.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:54   Link #708
dark998

Quote:
Anything can happen. Dare to dream and be surprised. That is why I always try to conjure all kinds of ridiculous scenarios because you will laugh if it is true.

I sorta laughed too at this, tbh with JC doing this.
Just came back after reading the MAL thread that was locked and I was dying of laughter, so much denial and delusions contained in a single space.

Can't wait to see Rin, Mio and the others fully animated, by JC Staff of course
Old 2012-04-09, 23:22   Link #709
flack

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ed-by-jc-staff

Quote:
The Key Twitter account continued by stating that in order to best adapt the game into an animated series, certain key events would be presented out of the game's chronological order and that the series would have a higher than average episode count, but be shortened significantly in order to best present the story in an animated form.
Is 24 episodes considered to be "higher than average".

Also, wondering what exactly they mean by "shortened significantly"? Are they going to shorten it by taking out major parts of the story of certain arcs like Clannad or Kanon?

Imo, for Little Busters, the story is written in such a way that you can cover everyone's story (atleast in the original version). I really hope they give it at least 39 episodes. But it might just turn to be 24 which would be really disappointing.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:37   Link #710
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Is 24 episodes considered to be "higher than average".

Also, wondering what exactly they mean by "shortened significantly"? Are they going to shorten it by taking out major parts of the story of certain arcs like Clannad or Kanon?
I think this is sort of a bit lost in translation. The intent of what they were saying was that the anime would be sufficiently long to tell the story, but that it's inevitable that some things would have to be cut (because after all this is a 50+ hour game). This was all in the context of saying that they were going to be faithful to the game, not do major rewrites or add anime-original characters, etc.

I definitely would take that to mean that it won't be 12-13 episodes, anyway. Whether it's 24-26, or whether it's even more than that, who knows. I will say that it's not common for J.C. Staff to animate more than two cours at a time, but they have made shows with multiple two-cour seasons separated by a not-too-long break (like the way Clannad was set-up). We'll see if they do that here. As has been discussed before, this writer does have a lot of experience with longer shows.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:00   Link #711
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Well ANN posted the news that we already got, this image was brought up of a scan http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1...va2012sp04.jpg can't really see the detail of the main image.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:05   Link #712
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well ANN posted the news that we already got this image was brought up of a scan http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1...va2012sp04.jpg can't really see the detail of th main image.
The images on that page are all taken from the PV commissioned by Key, so not sure how much can be inferred about the look at this point. It may be that the final product will look similar, or it may not. The page itself may have some details. I expect more information to come out over the course of the day now that the magazine is in everyone's hands.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:08   Link #713
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
The images on that page are all taken from the PV commissioned by Key, so not sure how much can be inferred about the look at this point. It may be that the final product will look similar, or it may not. The page itself may have some details. I expect more information to come out over the course of the day now that the magazine is in everyone's hands.
The scene of the younger versions running together were not in the preview Yes I guess there will be more to see.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:13   Link #714
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The scene of the younger versions running together were not in the preview Yes I guess there will be more to see.
True, but they could have still been provided by the people who worked on the PV, and not the official character designer. But yeah, we should know more soon enough... (but I'm sure many questions will remain anyway )
Old 2012-04-10, 00:30   Link #715
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

More surfaced stuff >.> http://emd2nd.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-2477.html ........what happened to Haruka and Kanata?

OT: Tenshi figure 0_o ....I wish for a Na-Ga designed figure please >.<
Old 2012-04-10, 03:03   Link #716
Dr. Casey

whoa

this thread has a lot more posts than the last time I read it

Has this been confirmed for Fall 2012-Winter 2013?
Old 2012-04-10, 03:05   Link #717
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Has this been confirmed for Fall 2012-Winter 2013?
No news about the timeline yet, but it certainly won't be sooner than that at least. I believe I saw a report that production only started in January of this year, so Fall would be the soonest we could see anything (and even that's pretty quick).
Old 2012-04-10, 03:10   Link #718
Dr. Casey

I was actually hoping it would start that late and thereby extend into 2013, I think it would be neat to have a 2013 anime confirmed for some reason.

I'm sure the anime will be wonderful to look at, since I always thought the Visual Novel has beautiful colors and artwork.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-10, 03:17   Link #719
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I was actually hoping it would start that late and thereby extend into 2013, I think it would be neat to have a 2013 anime confirmed for some reason.

I'm sure the anime will be wonderful to look at, since I always thought the Visual Novel has beautiful colors and artwork.
Take that positive attitude and sell it somewhere else, Mister - no one's buying it here!
Old 2012-04-10, 03:19   Link #720
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
No news about the timeline yet, but it certainly won't be sooner than that at least. I believe I saw a report that production only started in January of this year, so Fall would be the soonest we could see anything (and even that's pretty quick).
For whatever it's worth MAL posted this:

Quote:
Mangaka Zen, the author of Little Busters! Ecstacy complained that she had been preparing for the April Fool's joke of "Little Nya-sters" anime but Dengeki's premature leak spoiled her effort.

Zen's joke illustration of "Little Nya-sters" anime It says "The mission will start this autumn."

She said, "Yeah you're right. They leaked the information! I sacrificed myself to prepare the joke but our plan was completely ruined. It's so funny huh? You can ridicule me! Hahaha! (sob)"
The joke was the character having neko ears in the drawing,don't think she'd joke about the date.

Tags
anime game, little busters