AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 14:52   Link #101
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't know, after watching the PV, I have to say that I'm now more interested in watching the new anime than before.

I mean yeah, this is no EotW (or could they add it in ... ?) but at the same time, aside from the designs not being my cup of tea, I liked everything else.

-The theme they picked was pretty badass, I thought. If the rest of the OST is as good as this track, then there is no complaint from me regarding the music.

-Ruka looks wonderful in that dress

-The Background artwork and the setting design are nice. I think this is the first time I can recall that I was impressed by how good looking the background when it comes to a Hayateanime.

-What's-her-new-face/the maid with the new hair style looks like a much older women Sorry, I forgot she was like 37. Nvm

-The animation is good. Sure, the designs aren't great IMO, but they sure do look way better when they are moving. Aside from that, it looks set to be decently animated, if nothing else.

Other things ... I like the cover to the new volume (not relating to the anime but still :P) and seeing eyelis is the one singing the OP is pretty great too.

Now, the thing I don't like is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
(what is with the hair helmets, anyway?).
Yeah, it's not just the hair, the enlarged head-quality that the cast now have makes them all look like they are a bunch of walking-talking bobbleheads. In short not really great when compared to the older designs of the first two anime.

Oh well, at least everything is agreeable-to-good looking. I'm more optimistic to the show now than I was before. If nothing else, I can be looking forward to more wacky hi-jinx in the near future.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:55   Link #102
madmac

Yeah, I'm a little more positive now too. I could do with the character heads/hair being at least a little smaller but honestly it looks good otherwise. The animation is quite fluid when it needs to be (The first two seasons were pretty cheaply done, lets be honest.) and the backgrounds are great.

It has a kind of neo-classic feel to it. Like the feel of the early manga but not really mixed with what we have currently in terms of characters and personalities.

Granted, it probably doesn't hurt that it focuses on three of my favorite characters anyways.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:15   Link #103
AnimeFangirl

Tch. And I thought this was the season we would finally get to see A-tan in all her glory. Call me for season 4.
Old 2012-08-11, 01:12   Link #104
JPblueser
Guitarded

This preview was quite refreshing to me. At least I got new hopes that it will, at least, be enjoyable.

The animation looks better than what I expected.

The character designs are just okay. Not great, but not horrible.

Still hard to tell what will happen, though.
Looking forward to it, anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I like the cover to the new volume (not relating to the anime but still :P)
I thought it was quite ironic that the cover was featured on the video. This is why (just for a laugh):

Old 2012-08-11, 01:55   Link #105
HasuMasu
*Artist

What? That Promotional Image is a lie! They look terribad thaere but they look just fine in the PV.

What kind of black magic fuckery is this...
Old 2012-08-11, 02:02   Link #106
Sphire

Wait, so if Ruka is in it...what will this show be covering?
Old 2012-08-11, 02:22   Link #107
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Apparently they even still live in the mansion so...anime original?
Old 2012-08-11, 02:35   Link #108
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Wait, so if Ruka is in it...what will this show be covering?
No idea.

Either is really totally original (almost random) like Hasumi said, or "pre-GW" stuff (with Ruka inserted) or it will be a VERY distant future... Or simply a very weird time mixed craziness.

What are the odds of a surprise here, though? :P
Old 2012-08-11, 02:41   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Tch. And I thought this was the season we would finally get to see A-tan in all her glory. Call me for season 4.
Lol, A-tan? In seasons 4? Colour I'm impressed by your positive mindset
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 02:43   Link #110
Eragon
Still Alive

I just hope Hinagiku doesn't have, in CrowKenobi's words, hair helmet. Maria looked fine, though - maybe because they didn't show her full head.
Old 2012-08-11, 02:47   Link #111
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, A-tan? In seasons 4? Colour I'm impressed by your positive mindset
Well... We can hope, can't we?
Old 2012-08-11, 18:39   Link #112
mitsuganae

To my eyes, it seems like the colour scheme is somewhere between the pastels of season one and the heaviness (which I've never liked) of season two.

Despite the laughably over-the-top music, the trailer has certainly raised my interest. The fact that the story will be new is a potentially refreshing change from the often finicky let's-see-how-they-animate-this-and-that paradigm of straightforward adaptations.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2012-08-12 at 10:49.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 16:53   Link #113
AnimeFangirl

I'm not 100% against filler seasons, but they only make sense when the anime has caught up to the manga and they're trying to open a gap. Right now there's enough manga material to make 2 full seasons of anime, so I reaaaaaaaalllly don't see the point of this.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:39   Link #114
teja208
Critical fanboy

If Hata insists that his new story will be a big hit just let him prove himself as long as it doesn't impact the manga story that's fine by me. Not saying this is what I was hoping for though, and even if the new story turns out horribly I'll just laugh it off anyway.

Although, I feel bad for A-tan fans. I would prepare myself for their rage if I were you, Hata-sensei.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 01:14   Link #115
Used Can

I cannot really talk about the new anime, as it is yet to be aired, but for one I think the designs look ugly. Furthermore, I get the impression this will be more like the first part of the manga which was much more focused on the gags and the butler-lady antics. Whilst I'd love more gags, I think Hata has already started drying up on those. So, whilst I'm sure he'll pull some good stuff here and there, I won't expect for much. As for the butler-lady antics, I really wonder if this is a good idea to give more focus back considering how split the fanbase has become in terms of heroines. Though you can say Hata gets the chance to go back to the story's roots, I don't think it's entirely guaranteed most people will like it, especially now that most people have probably grown accustomed that their favourite heroines (especially Hina) get good focus.

Anyhow, I've got no way to back this up, but I get the feeling this will be more popular with those who liked the movie than with those who didn't.

I'm just hoping for a proper S3 after they're done with this.
Old 2012-08-16, 01:54   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

The problem as I see it is that the reaction to the movie was lukewarm at best, and in fact most of HnG big fans actually saw it as a huge disappointment (me included). The only people I have heard mild praise from were those who didn't follow HnG closely or haven't even heard of it before.

What Hata is trying here is stop the clock. He feels that if he proceeds with the story main arc, he won't be able to drag out the ending much longer. But instead of giving the show a spectacular ending and proper closure, he's trying to pretend that nothing really happened and that he can still write nonconsequential gag chapters instead without alienating his fanbase. I wonder if that's true, because at least I feel my own mood change from good to bad.

I also think that this is why he doesn't want to do the Greek arc as anime. If he does, he'll develop major pressure to follow up on it. And instead of this pressure for an ending, he wants the opposite. *shrug*

Finally, I suspect that he'll try to emphasize the butler-lady issue in both movie and anime to grow support for his planned Nagi ending. Good luck, Hata. I don't see it working. At the very least, to me it becomes clear that what the author wants and what the fans want has never been more diametrally opposed than today.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 02:02   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Finally, I suspect that he'll try to emphasize the butler-lady issue in both movie and anime to grow support for his planned Nagi ending.
Thats the one thing I really don't get; I was under the impression quite very early on that Hayate and Nagi's relationship have been strictly master and servant, I mean sure there's the misunderstanding thingy way back at the beginning- but after Hina's birthday arc and a bunch of other stuff I thought he had moved away from the idea... Or at least it certainly looked that way to me for the longest time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 02:34   Link #118
teja208
Critical fanboy

The real question is why would a mangaka willing to spent his/her time and energy rewriting a story when it is already good as it is?

IMO, Hata doesn't really care much about what fans want from HnG. He just isn't satisfied with the current manga story for whatever reason but can't go back and change them. This could be his only chance to do so which means he will likely put a lot of effort in writing it. At any rate, I presonally would prefer seeing EoW or Greek arc made into anime over this. Hata basically deluding himself if he thinks this new story is going to surpass those two arcs. He's making things harder for himself and majority of his fans but if he really believes this worthy of his effort, I think it's still worth giving it a chance.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 19:28   Link #119
Used Can

Another possibility, I believe, is that Hata is doing this alter-story for a reason similar to why Akamatsu had the Negima movie done the way it was (an alternate ending). This way he can give a different ending to the story, and assuming it is more Nagi-centric (again, assuming, because we've got no idea what it'll be about), he could develop her more there relationship-wise, and have that type of end for those fans who may want it.

Though, I've got no idea how he plans to end the manga, or even develop it. This whole remnant stuff from the Royal Garden points to what? Athena seems to be involved, but will she be the focus? Last time we saw Yukariko involved in this somehow, so perhaps Nagi will play a larger role here? What about Athena and Maria's relationship that was hinted in EoTW arc? Will Maria ever be relevant again other than just being a gag character? What's Ruka's exact role in the story? What's Yozora's? Where did she come from and why does she seem to be as strong as Isumi? Is Machina still around? What about Ikusa? Wataru's mother? Why did Hata say Nagi's father was blonde and a foreigner yet he looked exactly like Hayate? We're finally getting to know about Himegami, after more than 300 chapters he was first mentioned!

There's so many things that could and should be worked on, and I wonder how soon is Hata planning on develop them.
Old 2012-08-18, 07:43   Link #120
romcom89

Start is on October 3rd 26:05 on TV Tokyo

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...0818205106.jpg
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote