AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 17:55   Link #1481
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm only ok with Byakuyago not dying because it wasn't really lead up to with an epic battle, it just sort of happened.
I'd be fine with him not dying if it weren't for the fact that Kubo pretty much had all of the signs going TWICE.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 14:58   Link #1482
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is already a given. she's been called scary by other captains and kubo has teased us with scary looks and strong people backing down all the time. a simple healer, however skilled, would not warrant those reactions. i'm pretty certain that she was once a "demon" like yama-jii and we almost certainly will see it before this is over. can't say it with 100% confidence yet since we haven't been shown it, but the foreshadowing is perfect for it
I wouldn't be surprised if she was ridiculously powerful. Certainly she needs to be sidelined because she is their best healer, but that same power to heal can also be the power to destroy. But I don't think much will come out of that foreshadowing, just like Orihime is basically sidelined constantly.

I don't think it's offensive strength like Ichigo or Kenpachi that you worry about with either of them, and the simplest way to point to that is Unohana's conversation with Ichigo when they were rushing to face Aizen. Orihime can "heal" by rejecting fate/reality. That's terrifying enough if you think about it, it's a power akin to a God. However Unohana heals spiritual power itself. If she can give it, she can take it away. For anyone made of spirit particles, that's pretty terrifying.

That's just speculation on my part though. If I was a commander, I wouldn't let her battle unless it was absolutely needed. She's one of the few healers, but they have plenty of warriors. She's likely not strong enough to beat all of them on her own anyway. I might say different about Orihime since her powers are on a different level, but since her character development has pushed her away from offense as much as possible, that's pretty much her role now too (sitting on the sidelines healing).
Old 2012-11-13, 16:26   Link #1483
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she was ridiculously powerful. Certainly she needs to be sidelined because she is their best healer, but that same power to heal can also be the power to destroy. But I don't think much will come out of that foreshadowing, just like Orihime is basically sidelined constantly.

I don't think it's offensive strength like Ichigo or Kenpachi that you worry about with either of them, and the simplest way to point to that is Unohana's conversation with Ichigo when they were rushing to face Aizen. Orihime can "heal" by rejecting fate/reality. That's terrifying enough if you think about it, it's a power akin to a God. However Unohana heals spiritual power itself. If she can give it, she can take it away. For anyone made of spirit particles, that's pretty terrifying.

That's just speculation on my part though. If I was a commander, I wouldn't let her battle unless it was absolutely needed. She's one of the few healers, but they have plenty of warriors. She's likely not strong enough to beat all of them on her own anyway. I might say different about Orihime since her powers are on a different level, but since her character development has pushed her away from offense as much as possible, that's pretty much her role now too (sitting on the sidelines healing).
can be but can not compared Unohana to Orihime level combat capability Unohana is really superior to Orihime's no doubt you do not agree? I say that you made ​​for the said Orihime was always on the key

To return to Unohana has probably studied and therefore is to endow the medicine but have imagined that this is probably cause to have a good command of the fight and therefore a great destructive power
Old 2012-11-13, 16:45   Link #1484
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
can be but can not compared Unohana to Orihime level combat capability Unohana is really superior to Orihime's no doubt you do not agree?

To return to Unohana has probably studied and therefore is to endow the medicine but have imagined that this is probably cause to have a good command of the fight and therefore a great destructive power
I'm not talking about swordsmanship. Orihime has the ability to reject reality. She doesn't "heal", she rejects that the damage ever happened. More to the point I was making however was that healers seem to be limited in Bleach while there are a lot of warriors. Unohana might be as strong as Yamamoto but SS risks a lot more if she falls in battle because she is fundamental in keeping their fighting force from dying. It's far better strategically if she stays in the back and supports than if she was on the frontlines kicking butt. That doesn't mean she can't get a cool fight scene, but we all know Kubo wouldn't kill her off....so there's really no reason to even do it in the first place (except to waste chapters).
Old 2012-11-13, 17:02   Link #1485
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yes you are right and it must be for her that Yamamoto has probably ordered as last order never to fight in this war no matter what ... But knowing Kubo account to fight I'm looking forward to see that the push-to-end point of fighting
Old 2012-11-14, 02:24   Link #1486
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Is there a chapter this week?
Old 2012-11-14, 02:40   Link #1487
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^ Yes, and chapter 516 is out on some websites. Be warned, total WTF moment, out of the blue dealing with...
Spoiler for specific character:
I haven't finished this chapter, but man, really? Wtf! Just gross.

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2012-11-14 at 02:56.
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 02:43   Link #1488
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Spoiler for 516:
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 02:46   Link #1489
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Spoiler for 516:
Spoiler for 516:
Old 2012-11-14, 02:51   Link #1490
chancs

What's with Kon? Modified by the SS?

Squad ZERO? 5 people powerful then 13 squads altogether? No Bankai revival?

Wonder if they will train Ichigo for power up
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:02   Link #1491
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Spoiler for 516:
Well, that's not a surprise since some of the new characters since Fullbring have been recycled ones.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:08   Link #1492
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for chapter 516:
Old 2012-11-14, 03:09   Link #1493
chancs

Quote:
Spoiler for 516:
Soi fon's mother/ elder sister came to give her a nice spanking

Last edited by chancs; 2012-11-14 at 03:32.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:11   Link #1494
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Spoiler for 516:
yah i guess that is true expecting something from bleach now a days. So Ichigo can't use bankai anymore so does this mean hes going to switch to a bow or that quincy sword thing.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:12   Link #1495
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Reading Bleach makes me want to swig a mug full of it. Who wants a bet right now that Ichigo's different bankai will be an improvement of the previous version
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:16   Link #1496
ronin myael
lost ronin

so the zero division finally appears. and kon is back, in a "big" way.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:40   Link #1497
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Pretty sure this is the aizen plan:

-Veinderich nearlly destroy the Soul society.
-Squad Zero appear and attack veinderich
-Soul king will be open for an attack
-Aizen break the prison and attack soul king

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:43   Link #1498
Freya

Zero Squad!! Thank you Kubo for showing them...but why aren't they all badass looking? I mean what's with the chick on the far left?

I was hoping for Byakuya like people.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:51   Link #1499
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

If they only have 5 members, what happened for them to require Hikifune? Training accident?
Or do they just have such a glacially slow recruiting schedule that they only get a member every few centuries?
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:53   Link #1500
Freya

There must be crap load of pre-reqs to join.

Tags
bleach, chapter