AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-12, 01:13   Link #26361
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What I would like to know how does this benefit North Korea by pissing off its only powerful ally, the Chinese? Next few days should be interesting.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:16   Link #26362
Sumeragi
Banned

6~7 kilotons.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:21   Link #26363
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What I would like to know how does this benefit North Korea by pissing off its only powerful ally, the Chinese? Next few days should be interesting.
Only thing I suppose they are getting is more leverage against the United States, but I don't think angering China is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
6~7 kilotons.
Seems like it
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-p...047642848.html
Quote:
The apparent nuclear test had an explosive yield of six to seven kilotons or more, Min-seok said citing seismic data.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:23   Link #26364
PzIVf3

North Korea news says announced a successful test
Old 2013-02-12, 01:26   Link #26365
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

What is really striking to me is to read the user comments on the N Korea's nuclear test news:

Quote:
amazing how fast the tides of war are receding! maybe instead of just taking our nuclear arsenal apart as Obama suggests, we could sell our nuclear warheads to north korea and use the proceeds to fund a very very small portion of obamacare? (no need to worry according to the obama administration- even if countries like north korea and iran have warheads, they don’t have the ability to deliver them… if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge you might be interested in…)
Quote:
Now what Mr. President? More rhetoric on citizenship for those here illegally, tax funding for abortion clinics, unlimited spending for everything under the sun, and anything else to whip up the base? Seems to help keep everyone’s minds off the world around us that is collapsing, not to mention our dollar.
Honestly I don't know which of the 2 countries is on a more deplorable state of affairs.
Old 2013-02-12, 01:55   Link #26366
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
What is really striking to me is to read the user comments on the N Korea's nuclear test news:

Honestly I don't know which of the 2 countries is on a more deplorable state of affairs.
Those quotes ... the stupid, it burns and stings. :P
Old 2013-02-12, 02:54   Link #26367
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

With all the recent investments in military hardware, available new equipment and bigger numbers in terms of potential manpower, someone should give South Korea the green light to finish off what's left of the DPRK. I'm just sicked and tired of watching those bastards do their things completely unpunished.
Old 2013-02-12, 02:57   Link #26368
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
With all the recent investments in military hardware, available new equipment and bigger numbers in terms of potential manpower, someone should give South Korea the green light to finish off what's left of the DPRK. I'm just sicked and tired of watching those bastards do their things completely unpunished.
Technically speaking, SK is outnumbered by DPRK 10:1. It is like pitting the entire Dominion Marine Corps against the Swarm.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-12, 03:01   Link #26369
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
PRC would be a hypocrite if she not to provoke its neighbors... I say she'll just ask for diplomacy again and again and again and again.....

About DRNK? They're retarded children blaming anyone... saying "it's always your fault!!! Na-ah, its your fault."

Hope they had a nuclear accident... that will end up killing themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Technically speaking, SK is outnumbered by DPRK 10:1. It is like pitting the entire Dominion Marine Corps against the Swarm.
Uhmmmm.... numbers doesn't matter when they're throwing nukes against each other...
Old 2013-02-12, 03:56   Link #26370
Zakoo

They withdrew from the NPT, I really dont see under the name of what they couldn't develop nuclear warhead. Though it will certainly backfire them later.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:24   Link #26371
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
They withdrew from the NPT, I really dont see under the name of what they couldn't develop nuclear warhead. Though it will certainly backfire them later.
Literally?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-12, 06:06   Link #26372
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Remarkable statistic: DPRK has the Fourth largest army in the world!

Taking them out would not be a trivial task, South Korea would likely be trashed in the process.

Either way, it seems like Kim Junior is turning out little different from his father.
Old 2013-02-12, 07:26   Link #26373
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Because they wave it around and threaten everyone...

I bet pathetic singapore would not draw as much criticism if suddenly a nuke armed sub appeared out of the shipyard here one day...HAHAHA
Old 2013-02-12, 07:37   Link #26374
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
SK on its own would be thrashed by NK, the entire country would be bombarded to smithereens even if they win out in the end militarily (which is unlikely), making even a victory a pyrrhic one at best.

Also, unless you're willing to fly over there, pick up a rifle and join the fight, I wouldn't be so quick in calling for other people to die to satisfy your need to punish the DPRK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hope they had a nuclear accident... that will end up killing themselves....
Not a particularly nice wish, especially when you realize chances are it'll be the poor and innocents that would die and suffer instead.

Quote:
Uhmmmm.... numbers doesn't matter when they're throwing nukes against each other...
First, SK doesn't have nuclear weapons. Second, by the time you've escalated to a nuclear war, you've already lost, everything, literally.
Old 2013-02-12, 07:41   Link #26375
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well if Mercenaries is anything to go by all you need is a psychopathic Swede with a mohawk to finish the job. Which is probably most Swedes.

Any Swedes here willing to do the deed?
Old 2013-02-12, 07:46   Link #26376
Zakoo

Dont worry eagle i would love too to live in a world where everybody love everybody, unfortunately the very existence of humans make this impossible.

Now there s indeed two ways of seeing this as history showed it. Either you compare it with the Nazi regime and you consider that their armements is a mean to invade others, or you do it Pakistan/india like and considers that this is the sole way to have your sovereignty conserved.

Ofc I m not stupid if i were south Korean i would tend for the former.
Old 2013-02-12, 07:48   Link #26377
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
SK on its own would be thrashed by NK, the entire country would be bombarded to smithereens even if they win out in the end militarily (which is unlikely), making even a victory a pyrrhic one at best.
I laugh at the sheer ignorance of the above quote.
Old 2013-02-12, 08:04   Link #26378
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I laugh at the sheer ignorance of the above quote.
Care to enlighten us?
Old 2013-02-12, 08:14   Link #26379
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Care to enlighten us?
If we talking about NK VS SK without any external help from US or China. NK may have superior number in ground force but that thing is useless when you enemy have superior technology in air force. they just become target practice.

It possible for NK to win and conquer SK but chance are less than 1% unleash if they have secret weapon.

Not to mention SK have decade of training on how to handle zerg swarm

Old 2013-02-12, 08:31   Link #26380
Sumeragi
Banned

Those who think that ROKA is outnumbered is looking at the wrong numbers.

- KPA has a nominal conscription length of 3~5 years, but effectively 10 years. ROKA has the effective conscription length of 2 years. Basically, the only reason KPA has a higher nominal troop number is because of the length of conscription, not effective conscription.
- While nominal reserves of KPA is 8,200,000, this includes virtually everyone of "reliable" political background from age 17-49, with most of them knowing only the simplest things and mostly used for logistics and construction (less than 20% are actual combat troops). The ROK Reserve Forces of 2,900,000 is to be a pure infantry fighting force, meaning in effective reserves the ROKA outnumbers the KPA.

I don't need to go into the logistical and technological differences, do I?
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international