AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 08:51   Link #1681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'm guessing you mean Infiltrator Missiles... and actually they were very effective for what they're supposed to do: destabilize the Elements inside Aquarion. They just couldn't foresee that the act itself could actually powerup the mech as a whole

Nobody... And I mean NOBODY, could foresee that happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
and I'm glad "Go Tight" is back! now waiting for "Sousei no Aquarion" maybe on kagura vs amata battle, calling it

They must be saving it for something REALLY big

And as a Finale, They'll play all 4-5 songs from across these two seasons in one big remix
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 08:58   Link #1682
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Seriously, what did I just watch....
Glad to see the shipping situation evening out a bit, as it was hardly a triangle before now. I'm not on either side at this point, I keep swaying between the Mikono and Zessica options. Although Kagura is starting to convince me that he does maybe deserve Mikono, unless it's all trolling of some sort.

Anyway I also feel like Altair could've asked for some women first. Maybe they did, and they died or became useless as we learned- hence why it didn't really seem like Alicia was being taken but "went away" iirc.
So then obviously, never hearing from those who went again, people didn't want to go anymore, hence Altair now taking them by force.
Then again, they have a NTR weirdo who looks like Toma, who was always of, uh questionable morals, so we most likely shouldn't think too deep into it and assume that they just thought taking girls by force is how you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Does anyone recognize the bgm at the start of ep8? I swear I've heard it before in another anime, most likely from Sailor Moon, but can't remember. It's bugging the hell out of me.
I've noticed it at well, and it sounded familiar but I figured it was just from the OS....
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:11   Link #1683
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeeaaahhhh~ the men of Altair sure are quite the romantics... >.>

EDIT: Lol, I mean 'Altair' I keep mixing up the names of the two planets

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-20 at 09:15. Reason: typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:21   Link #1684
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Interestingly enough, Kagura does seem quite upset when Mikono is hurt.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:36   Link #1685
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Yes, I was surprised as well. So far I figured he's just after something and doesn't actually care about her personally- which is the impression we got from Cayenne and Fudo's reaction as well as Kagura's choice of very odd words.
But this episode (and Mikono wanting to apologize) made it look quit different. That could either be trolling, or implying that there actually is something between them, possibly related to some reincarnation business or whatever. Either way, it's now possible that he actually cares for her.
In which case, I'd probably side with Kagura on this (which is funny, because I hated Apollo ).
Old 2012-02-20, 09:38   Link #1686
miketyson

So, theory-time: I think I see why Kagura-Mikono is the "union of despair" (or whatever it was). Theory:

Altair thinks they get their "good end" if they manage to hook Jin up with a woman (and they think it has to be a strong Reaigler so she survives the dimensional jump). They've adopted questionable tactics due to their desperate situation, but even so they don't really have that "bad guy" vibe.

Something's going to happen to Jin to make him "ineligible". Maybe he's dead (unlikely!); maybe he's so badly injured he'll be out of the running for too long (horrible burn scars!); maybe he'll be the one-eyed transfer student, fall for Mikono, and get killed by a jealous Kagura (lol).

In any case, Kagura thereby becomes Altair's unwanted, desperate "plan B", but it's a trap! Mykage's actually working at cross-purposes to everyone (Altair included), and Mykage's somehow ensured that if Kagura performs the revival it won't end well for anyone (either poisoned Kagura's mind or made him as a living "bomb", etc.; maybe Kagura'll revive the other shadow angels instead of Altair's women).

So, that's how I'm seeing it now: Altair are seemingly the "not-really-so-bad bad guys", Mykage's seemingly the "real bad guy", and Kagura seems like Mykage's (unwitting?) tool. Just guesswork, but what I'm leaning towards at the moment.

So, Vena: I think you're right and even Kagura will eventually go over to the good side, but I think that'll happen near the end; in the interim he'll be a villain, albeit likely a tragic one ("misguided" more than "evil"?). We'll see.

Appropo of nothing in particular: I find the "element changes" far funnier than I should. There's just something too funny about the way the changed-out element gets awkwardly, unceremoniously dropped back into the command center, and it gets me every time. It's a pity this week's nudity meant we weren't going to get an "element change" during the battle.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:53   Link #1687
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Yes, I was surprised as well. So far I figured he's just after something and doesn't actually care about her personally- which is the impression we got from Cayenne and Fudo's reaction as well as Kagura's choice of very odd words.
Odd words? I can't rewatch the episode atm but if I recall correctly he was shouting variations on "JIN GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY BITCH!!!" To be honest I didn't see him being upset for Mikono's sake - more like because Jin was, ahem, "violating" his woman. When Jin flew off in the previous episode he was also like "JIN DON'T MESS WITH MY BITCH" or something along those lines. But maybe I just have to rewatch the ep. But Kagura didn't seem to be particularly upset when Mikono was electrocuted in ep 5.

Re: Theories, I agree that Mykage is most likely to be the ultimate bad guy. Izumo doesn't seem to be very fond of him, probably because he knows something about his aims. I'm also quite sure that Jin survived in one way or another (again: this episode was way too lighthearted for the death of such an important character). And Kagura either switching sides or helping the good guys in one way or another is pretty much a given...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:54   Link #1688
Casshern

Quote:
He's just upset that someone other than him is hurting her.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:01   Link #1689
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

If he just saw Mikono as a thing or a possession, he would be angry because people are messing around with his things. However, in this episode he's also fairly upset when he sees Mikono being hurt, which means he sees her as more than just a possession/thing at least.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:04   Link #1690
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And as a Finale, They'll play all 4-5 songs from across these two seasons in one big remix
Nyan Nyan Mugen Medley? XD

I still want to hear the main casts sing Kimi no Shinwa or Gekkou Symphonia, just like on the previous Aquarion movie (Ippatsu Gyakuten Hen) :3
Old 2012-02-20, 10:07   Link #1691
Zuul

You guys are harsch to Kagura.

During his abduction tentative, he had appeared to be quite gentle to Mikono.

Besides according to Mikono, she felt that Kagura was worried about her.

For me his reaction is similar to that of Cayenne, just stronger.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-20 at 10:32.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:08   Link #1692
kuromitsu

Quote:
If he just saw Mikono as a thing or a possession, he would be angry because people are messing around with his things. However, in this episode he's also fairly upset when he sees Mikono being hurt, which means he sees her as more than just a possession/thing at least.
But then why wasn't he upset when Mikono got electrocuted right next to him? He was just like "wtf" and then grabbed her and would've left like that if Amata hadn't intervened. In ep 1-2 he started banging on Aquarion trying to get Mikono out - apparently he didn't realize that he could've crushed her... ^^;;
I'll rewatch ep 8 when I get home but IIRC he was upset over Jin messing with Mikono, not Mikono being hurt per se, though I suppose he wasn't happy about that either.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:50   Link #1693
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh my..still episode 7 here and I can't believe how much I laughed during this episode

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think this anime is bad or something (in fact, I must say that this is the most enjoyable anime for me this season)...but there are several things in this anime that might not intentionally trying to be funny became so funny when the scene starts playing That Zesshica fleeing while 'hugging' Amata-kun in that position, that mietaaa zoo!!!" parts and many other stuffs ...

I know this anime doesn't intend to become comedy anime but it's still so damn funny regardless. Sometimes I couldn't even think straight about what happened in the whole episode or try to understand it more deeply (since..well..it's Aquarion ) about the story...

*sigh*
If only there are no college on monday then I could continue watching episode 8 right now

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:56   Link #1694
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But then why wasn't he upset when Mikono got electrocuted right next to him? He was just like "wtf" and then grabbed her and would've left like that if Amata hadn't intervened. In ep 1-2 he started banging on Aquarion trying to get Mikono out - apparently he didn't realize that he could've crushed her... ^^;;
I'll rewatch ep 8 when I get home but IIRC he was upset over Jin messing with Mikono, not Mikono being hurt per se, though I suppose he wasn't happy about that either.
First time around in the episode, he's shouting at Jin to keep his hands off his *bitch* but later, when he sees Mikono getting hurt, he shouts for them to stop and makes no mention of Jin or *my bitch*.
Old 2012-02-20, 11:28   Link #1695
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well, his choice of words is exactly why I didn't think he cared, but as for the electrocution scene, she wasn't in any danger from that. To be fair, he might not have known that, but the scene was at the end of the episode so very much done for dramatic effect. I'd take that one with a grain of salt.

It's certainly not been obvious, since Kagura's been aggressive in trying to get a hold of her, and offensive in his expression- it's just in this episode, like Vena said, when he sees Mikono getting hurt that it seems like he might actually care and there's something else behind this.
It's just speculation of course, but it's possible...
Old 2012-02-20, 11:38   Link #1696
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I wonder if Sazanka's interpretation of Amata x Andy is still happening and will be brought up on future episode (like Mix jealous of Amata "stealing" her Andy, for example )
I don't know why but I like the scene where they hang out together on the outside and the lobby :3
And shame we didn't get Cayenne's screaming "MIKONOOO!!" or "DON'T SEE HER, SHUT THE MONITOR OFF!!!" when she ripped her suit XD

We still don't know what Zessica's Element power, but we get hint of Sazanka's at least. If I have to guess, something like bunshin or controlling electrical equipment?

Btw...
Old 2012-02-20, 11:53   Link #1697
Zuul

Random question :

Are Alicia's hair blond really blond.

I thought that she was blonde at first, and that it was only highlight, but everytime I see her, it's with light purple (or maybe blue) hair. :S
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 11:59   Link #1698
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Random question :

Are Alicia's hair blond or light purple.

I thought that she was blonde at first, and that it was only highlight, but everytime I see her, it's with light purple (or maybe blue) hair. :S
Her hair is light purple - pink, she is not blonde that's for sure.

Last edited by pingva; 2012-02-20 at 12:33.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 12:08   Link #1699
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You guys are harsch to Kagura.

During his abduction tentative, he had appeared to be quite gentle to Mikono.

Besides according to Mikono, she felt that Kagura was worried about her.

For me his reaction is similar to that of Cayenne, just stronger.
Aside from the whole abduction against her will sorta thing. Or even asking her, what she felt with the whole business. He's twisted and self involved but he does seem to care for her, in his own twisted way.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 12:26   Link #1700
Akarin

Freebies

. . . . . . . . . . .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction